The online racing simulator

Poll : Wich car is the most Difficult to drive Live for Speed car??

Closed since :
RAC
BMW Formula 1
FO8
LX6
MRT5
FZ50
UF1000
FZ50 GTR
XRT GTR
Formula BMW
XRT Turbo
LX4
UFR
XFR
XFG GTI
XRG GT
RB4
FXO
FXO GTR
Formula FOX
FO8 and BF1 are the hardest for me for two reasons:
1) I never drive them, because they don't interest me all that much (and they sound terrible, which lowers my interest moreso)
2) The sheer power makes getting out of slow corners quickly very difficult.

I used to think the RAC and FZ5 were difficult to drive... I recently tried them again and they're kittens. Nice and soft and fluffy, but let down your guard and they'll tear apart your furniture and sit on your face while I was sleeping that one time...

But they're actually quite nice to drive.
I voted for RAC and LX6 although the FO8 is kinda tricky sometimes it's not THAT bad... Actually even the LX6 isn't too bad. I just have SOME trouble with RAC.
#28 - JCTK
I thought the F08 was very easy to drive... the only thing you need to worry about is how much throtle to apply when getting out of slow corners...

whereas the RAC, yeah it's fun to drive but there're so much more you need to worry about to get it to point at where you intended. so this get my vote~
I love the RAC as well since it's really fun to drive at the limit. And its pretty easy to drive too once you set the suspension up right.
FZ is the hardest for me because it feels so big and sluggish compared to the rest of the cars.
The FZR is the hardest GTR for me too because it has immediate power delivery unlike the other 2 GTR cars.
The BF1 is also really hard because everything just happens too quickly for me to react to.
fo8
bf1 /wo tc, fun but difficult
rac (forgot to vote for it but :shrug
RAC, makes me sing that song (you spin me round round....).
But with good setup it's joy to drive it.
XRT, XRG, XRR, MRT5, why? because i just cant drive the damn things.
Quote from Blas89 :XRT, XRG, XRR, MRT5, why? because i just cant drive the damn things.

I nfi you cant drive the mnrt5 your not that good at sensative and light steering

I personaly thing the RAC is one dam difficult car to drive
RAC. I have never ever managed to make a balanced RAC setup. Its just impossible.
RAC, although I love it
MRT, almost imposible to recover from a fail
FO8, but it's a intensive course on right foot control
RAC by far
I haven't read most of the replys here, but I simply don't understand what's so difficult about the RAC?! Personally I find the BF1 much harder to drive. The RAC is actually very controllable. It has a significant amount of understeer - which is nice, but if you need to you can flick the rear end out. Sure, once the rear end comes loose it REALLY likes to slide, but the thing is that this car can still be recovered from very extreme angles. More than most of the other cars I believe, and TBH, once you get used to countersteering a LOT, this car becomes easy, and very enjoyable to drive!
I think everyone is underestamating the difficultly level of the UF1000. Honest total concentration is needed to eek out all the power the tiny car has. 1 mistake and it is bye bye competitors.

Although to be fair...the RAC and MRT are a handfull at the best, deadly widowmakers at the worst.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
Although to be fair...the RAC and MRT are a handfull at the best, deadly widowmakers at the worst.

I second that. Both are pretty tail-happy, and the BF1 without TC is a handful as well.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I think everyone is underestamating the difficultly level of the UF1000. Honest total concentration is needed to eek out all the power the tiny car has. 1 mistake and it is bye bye competitors.

Agreed. I have more trouble with the UF1 than any other car in LFS. The FO8 is a piece of cake for me and one of my favorites, perhaps my most favorite.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :I haven't read most of the replys here, but I simply don't understand what's so difficult about the RAC?! Personally I find the BF1 much harder to drive. The RAC is actually very controllable. It has a significant amount of understeer - which is nice, but if you need to you can flick the rear end out. Sure, once the rear end comes loose it REALLY likes to slide, but the thing is that this car can still be recovered from very extreme angles. More than most of the other cars I believe, and TBH, once you get used to countersteering a LOT, this car becomes easy, and very enjoyable to drive!

I have to agree with you and Forbin.. The RAC IMO isn't that difficult to drive. It does however take more car control that most, but its a cake walk compared to the BF1, MRT, and XRR. Really now that I sit and think about it, the FZ50 is harder for me too drive than the RAC. I guess coming from a drifting background helps!
Quote from RocksGt :MRT, almost imposible to recover from a fail

Right because of this I voted only for MRT.
I can say that I almost hate it for that.

My style is kinda aggressive and it's pretty normal for me to slide and stuff, witch is impossible with this car... so i just can't do more than just a hot lap with it
I also find the MRT easier to drive than, say the BF1, lol. Idk, I guess I'm different from most people, but I find that you can actually recover from a slide most of the time in the MRT as long as you can snap the wheel back fast enough (which isn't REALLY that hard... you just have to be able to tell when to do it.)
I actually find the MRT easier to drive than all RWD road-cars except XRG.
I can't believe the RAC is winning the poll !!!

It's a beautiful, if challenging, car. One of my absolute faves

Stoopid BF1 and LX6 are the beasts to drive fast and consistant imo (although I do love to try and drive the LX6)
Quote from N I K I :Right because of this I voted only for MRT.
I can say that I almost hate it for that.

My style is kinda aggressive and it's pretty normal for me to slide and stuff, witch is impossible with this car... so i just can't do more than just a hot lap with it

Las race from LFS-Spain featuring the MRT was on FE Black
It was a ****ing hell all week trying to take the chicanes on full throttle to take those extra tenths that make the difference in order to qualify one division higher for the race

And when you got two great firsts splits you must did another chicane more, and one degree more on the wheel and you ruined your whole lap :faint2:

EDIT: It actually was FE Green (Black was another one)... but seeing the results it was a complete hell... only 44 from 118 racers were able to finish the race :ices_rofl
I just did three laps each with both the LX6 and the RAC on Blackwood (I never drive there with these cars), and I got literally identical times for all three laps. So even if the RAC is harder to drive, I would seriously consider it if I were racing an LX6. I still don't think it's the hardest to drive. It is definitely more tail happy than most cars... but that makes it FUN!
In light of the "What GTR is most difficult to drive" thread, what are we talking about here? Are we talking most difficult to drive at WR pace? or most difficult to drive and control generally?

At WR pace, all of them because I don't race at WR pace.

Generally, I voted.....

XRT - it's nothing but a drift car for me. No matter what I do to the setup, every corner is a drift. No matter how I try to drive the car, every corner is a drift.

RB4 and FXO - Unresponsive pigs. No acceleration, no handling, they just feel like heavy pigs to me. You have to tell them to steer halfway down the straight, or they will respond way to late.

BF1 - Just way too fast. I'm still shifting when it's ready to brake and downshift. I'm still braking and downshifting when I am exiting the corner and should be accelerating. It doens't help that I use the sequential stick of my Momo since 1996, and changing to paddle shifting will just be having me changing from 6th to 1st in fraction of a second when I flick the paddle 6 times for quick glances out the side.

I voted LX6 as well. I love the LX4, but just can't get over the power when trying to drive the LX6. As soon as I want to touch the throttle, it kicks into a complete spin for me.

RAC? I can't believe this one is winning, or even has votes. There was a stint a while ago in the forums of RAC talk. People started racing it on the servers for a very short time. I thought it was a dream to drive, but you never see it anymore. It was only that short 4-5 days online out of the 3 years I've been around that anyone raced the RAC. It was a blast.

I find it hard to believe that people voted for the FO8 as well. The only difficulty I see with it is at the race start trying to go from a stand still without spinning out. Other than that, the power isn't really there to get the tires spinning when you're already moving and in higher than 1st gear.

Again, this is all based on the fact that I am not a WR driver. I also do not drive the ridiculously oversteering setups that the WR time drivers use. I drive steering with the steering wheel and a bit of throttle steering, not with countersteering and back end sliding.
Quote from mrodgers :XRT - it's nothing but a drift car for me. No matter what I do to the setup, every corner is a drift. No matter how I try to drive the car, every corner is a drift.

Maybe most enjoyable car for me. It's just like XRG, but bit faster, perfect. It's quite easy to drive too. Speed of cars is just right, handling is nice, you can trailbrake with it and be quite fast on full throttle. It has no downforce so racing is just great. Maybe try some of my setups

Personally i find the raceabout is one of the easiest cars, the difficultiest is MRT and F08 for me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG