The online racing simulator
Not many racers online?
(27 posts, started )
Not many racers online?
I dont know if I'm missing something but whenever I go to play online there dont seem to be many races going on. There would usually be only 3 or 4 races I can join and then the only option for me in BF1 is Redline Racing 3 with a couple of other guys. Where are all the BF1 guys racing???
Sorry to say man but no one race the bf1...
BF1 is for N00B's! haha its too easy to drive lol.
#4 - word.
Quote from mutt107 :BF1 is for N00B's! haha its too easy to drive lol.

I'd like to see you get within 1 second of the WR on any combo.. then tell me that BF1 is easy to drive
#5 - Woz
The problem is the speed, coupled with lag and mixed abilities. Too many pile ups all the time
Thanks for the answers guys I was hoping the answer was 'hey man your looking in the wrong place"! but really I do think its the most challenging car in the game. Coming down from 300+ kph to anything else feels pedestrian!
I believe the FO8 is a bit harder to driver even if it is slower
Quote from lizardfolk :I believe the FO8 is a bit harder to driver even if it is slower

Because there's no TC in it However, I prefer FO8 than BF1. I just don't like it
I the love the F08 too - the only other car I drive.
Quote from word. : I'd like to see you get within 1 second of the WR on any combo.. then tell me that BF1 is easy to drive

You didn't think that through. He might just drive on the oval now.
#11 - Jakg
The BF1 is an odd car - most drivers don't have the skill to race it properly as I can't keep up with it - i'm not slow (compared to other drivers) but i've found on the very limit people like Biggie are 5 SECONDS quicker than me (although full lock etc seems to help :X).

It's easy to be quick in a car with 750 HP and a lot of car - you can take corners at over 100 MPH so it always feels fast. But to be fast compared to OTHER drivers is hard.
I think the BF1 is hardly ever used due to the fact that LFS does not have many tracks that suit an F1 car
You need to get the right people together, people who will put the time in needed to race it. Because it's so fast you really need practice in racing with others that know the track and car very well.

The BF1 is not really a pickup, I've got 5 minutes to spare, changing the track kind of car. That's why it's not used so much, public server BF1 racing would be a nightmare on anything other than the oval.
Jump in some tin tops and learn about racecraft rather than lapcraft.

I kid of course, but you really should drive a bigger variety of cars than the 2 fastest open wheelers. You're missing out on so much if that's all you drive. Especially if you're an Aussie and really don't have much of a choice for online racing during our waking hours.
I know I should check out the other cars - Just got hooked on 1st drive after looking for a decent F1 sim for ages BTW A guy loaned me a disc of rFactor to compare the F1 - I didnt rate it 5 laps then 'uninstall'
i had the same problem, when starting lfs: mostly love BF1, but noone really drives it in lfs. but there are possibilities to get real clean bf1-races:
1. taking part in a BF1-league (www.owrl.de)
2. gain to an InternationalA-Licence on the CTRA-Server-System (the highest licence offers the BF1 and the races i had there are really clean, because all the drivers know the tracks and are able to handle fast cars)

with this two, i'm happy with the BF1, because the league needs a lot of practicing and longrun-setup-tests to be competetive in the races and that's what every BF1-driver wanna be

p.s. words like "BF1 is for N00B's! haha its too easy to drive lol." can only come from ones never really tried it :P
BF1 is way too fast and scary for me to drive

I also find a recurrent issue in BF1 pickup races, this is the wide range of skills.
At least when i'm not fast in a slow car I can still see the leaders and race mid pack after a few laps. In the fastest cars the fast drivers are long gone and the rest is spinning around, no close racing involved there.
I want battles, overtaking attempts, defending opportunities during a race and I do not have the skill / practice to achieve that at higher speeds.
I love the BF1 but it really doesn't suit pick up races, as unless you are pretty good, a crash is bound to happen. Leagues are where it's at for the BF1 I'm afraid I find it easier to drive than the FO8, although the FO8 is more rewarding IMO.
CTRA Single Seater 2 server quite often has people racing the BF1. Only problem is you'll have to progress up the licenses, (at least National A I think), in order to be allowed to drive it.
Quote from gezmoor :CTRA Single Seater 2 server quite often has people racing the BF1. Only problem is you'll have to progress up the licenses, (at least National A I think), in order to be allowed to drive it.

sorry, but wrong: the BF1 is driven on CTRA SingleSeater3 and you need to gain to InternationalA (which is the highest single-seater-licences atm) to drive the BF1 there.
Quote from Mille Sabords :BF1 is way too fast and scary for me to drive

I also find a recurrent issue in BF1 pickup races, this is the wide range of skills.
At least when i'm not fast in a slow car I can still see the leaders and race mid pack after a few laps. In the fastest cars the fast drivers are long gone and the rest is spinning around, no close racing involved there.
I want battles, overtaking attempts, defending opportunities during a race and I do not have the skill / practice to achieve that at higher speeds.

I agree on this one, you need loads of time.
Maybe that's why my racing times heavily decreased to nearly zero.
This was a big disappointment for me. I bought my S2 license mainly because I wanted to race the F1 car online, but when I connected to the S2 host list, no one was racing it.

Of course, I couldn't do half a lap without spinning, but that's beside the point. I guess that's why leagues are the way to go with this car.
Quote from theo3000 :Of course, I couldn't do half a lap without spinning, but that's beside the point.

Exactly that IS the point, IMO, as has already been said.

Many people (including me) can't even drive 3 or 4 corners without spinning with it so "racing" isn't really possible. It turns into hotlapping after 2 or 3 laps.
Quote from haelje :sorry, but wrong: the BF1 is driven on CTRA SingleSeater3 and you need to gain to InternationalA (which is the highest single-seater-licences atm) to drive the BF1 there.

Yes you're right. I'm getting confused with the F08. It's the F08 that's available on SS2.

Not many racers online?
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG