The online racing simulator
Round 3: Pre-Race Discussion Thread
No layout for FE Gold, nice, i got caught out on chicane layout last year... Is this a fault, well anyways WILL there be a layout for round 3 or will there not, starting serious practise now, so will need a confirmation on NO layout for Round 3: FE Gold...

Regards
Franke... Click
There is one on the igtc server. If it's not up currently i'll look into it but it should be there. As far as the circuit is concerned there is nothing new on it.
Thanks Benji, i was on earlier today and there was no layout, will go on and try it...

Regards
Franke... Click

EDIT: Still not there, and can you please put the .LYT file on here for download?
Here you go.

Consider it provisional for now... will probably undergo some tweaks.

The final pit stall cannot be used, due to the shortness of pit lane and the need for some of it to be taken up by the layout.
Attached files
FE3_IGTC08.lyt - 900 B - 234 views
What's the status on the pit entry lines in this race? Crossable, jumpable?
Fantastic
Quote from dawesdust_12 :What's the status on the pit entry lines in this race? Crossable, jumpable?

Pit entry and exit commitment lines are indicated in the layout.

Entry commitment line is the thing most likely to change, though.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pit entry and exit commitment lines are indicated in the layout.

Entry commitment line is the thing most likely to change, though.

Is this layout the final version then ?

If not, it would be nice to have the final version as soon as possible and not one day before the race
Trust me, we're working on fine-tuning it.

Final version will be posted no later than this weekend.
Here's the final layout.

Also attached are several screens explaining the various parts.

We've tried to minimize the number of objects and the possibilities for trouble vis a vis running into them.

IGTC server will be updated with the final layout shortly.

Attached images
pitentrance.jpg
pitexit2.jpg
pitexit3.jpg
pitexit.jpg
Attached files
FE3_IGTC08.lyt - 756 B - 217 views
Some clarification please.....

If a driver is exiting the pits within the pit exit lines and gets hit by a single car that crosses the line, who's at fault? Fern Bay's pit exit lines significantly narrow the racing line if you are to remain outside those lines when cars are in the pit exit lane, but it's still negotiable. Obviously, if you are in pit exit lane and there are two cars coming down the front straight, it's probably not a good idea to come out of the pits, but you know it will happen.
That would be classified as a racing incident I think. Certainly nothing the car exiting the pits can do about it, but you can't really blame the car(s) coming down the straight either because they'd have little or no warning of the car exiting the pits. We should do everything in our powers to avoid that situation but if it happens, it happens.
Ah, situational awareness. I think you could argue both sides of this one. Personally, I'd put the blame on the off-pace racer coming out of the pits. Best to let the admins give direction here.

Weather Forecast - Kingston, Jamaica:
Saturday, Apr 26
PM Rain
Hi: 81° Lo: 72°
Drizzle. High 81F and low 72F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Quote from banshee56 :Some clarification please.....

If a driver is exiting the pits within the pit exit lines and gets hit by a single car that crosses the line, who's at fault? Fern Bay's pit exit lines significantly narrow the racing line if you are to remain outside those lines when cars are in the pit exit lane, but it's still negotiable. Obviously, if you are in pit exit lane and there are two cars coming down the front straight, it's probably not a good idea to come out of the pits, but you know it will happen.

In my interpretation, as long as the exiting driver remains within the yellow lines, he has the right of way there. This may mean that a driver coming down the front stretch side by side may need to back off to avoid a collision, but those are the breaks.

All I can say is to watch the minimap if you notice that pitstops are going on, and generally make a habit of not driving over the pit exit lane under race conditions.

It's a difficult situation. Fern Bay is definitely not exactly a modern racing circuit.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
It's a difficult situation. Fern Bay is definitely not exactly a modern racing circuit.

Which makes it all the more fantastic! LMP1's can have a go at Mosport, our GT2 equivalents can handle a club circuit with only minor areas of no runoff.

Agreed with the above about the pitlanes, use a little common sense, give and go, live and let live, and everyone should be okay.

Anywho, looking forwards to a fantastic race, has the wind been officially announced?
Quote from srdsprinter :Anywho, looking forwards to a fantastic race, has the wind been officially announced?

Rule A3.1) Wind settings for each event will be posted 24 hours prior to the start of the event. These settings will be determined by checking weather forecasts for the location that most closely approximates the venue’s real world location. Wind settings will be limited to Low Wind or No Wind.

...but the forecasts all say 5-10mph at the moment, which would mean no wind. We'll see how it develops over the next few days. Yesterday it was steady at 13mph. :P
I like wind, makes it feel less artificial.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I like wind, makes it feel less artificial.

...but the wind in LFS is implemented so poorly that its better without it.

Still, this isn't the thread for a wind discussion. I'll get my coat...
I don't care, it throws off the fast people, and I suck too much for it to make a difference, so lets have some gale force winds kthx.
Dustin is also for attaching anchors to the rear bumpers of cars 1+s faster than him.
Anchors? I was nominating for a 50% Intake restriction.
Anchors are funnier, though.
It means I haffto dodge things and I might get a puncture.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG