The online racing simulator
A wheel story.
(36 posts, started )
Get a saitek wheel/pedal set for $20, hide the wheel somewhere dark and you have a useable clutch pedal
Nice post and congratulations, Dan.
Quote from three_jump :wrong smily

oops, nice spot 3J :doh:
Quote from Clownpaint :I use bluetack to do repairs on my momo's pedals every week or two now.

Yea, that's what I was thinking of. Every week or two you have to fix them? I put a little wedge of paper in the pots, then the electrical tape around the axis and haven't had a problem for months.

Quote from Matrixi :I bought my first wheel back in '96-'97 I think. God, I'll remember the day forever. The wheel was a used Thrustmaster T2 that I got really cheap The feeling of actually having a wheel on your hands and pedals under your feet was so awesome after playing my entire life on keyboard.

Same here, T2 back in 1996 with Indycar Racing 2 .

Quote from Shotglass :i dunno ... somehow one of my dfps pedals doesnt go full range (mechanical electrical it does) at both ends ... havent cracked it open yet but i guess theres more to it than just a loose poti

That would be the electrical tape trick. Wrap one wind of tape around the throttle and brake axis and that should do it. While your in there, fix the loose pot even if your's isn't loose.
#30 - Vain
Just for the log: I use my Logitech MOMO Racing (Black) since 6 months and never had any problem with spiking or whatever, even though I use it daily (LFS and RBR) for well over an hour in average. So it's not all bad and one can be very happy with that wheel, even without electrical tape or whatever.

Vain
Great thread Dan .you are taking to the new wheel like a duck to water , good luck in the rest of the ERRC Just dont get too good

About the Logi peds...
wearing no shoes helps me to look after my Logi pedals and I press them very smoothly (and not too hard on stops) they have been going about 3 years now. Thats not to say I havn't opened them up although was not to fix but to add "squash ball mod" oh and then there was that time I had to rewire the thing ....

Keep on racing , keep on improving wd Dan

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Great thread Dan .you are taking to the new wheel like a duck to water , good luck in the rest of the ERRC Just dont get too good

About the Logi peds...
wearing no shoes helps me to look after my Logi pedals and I press them very smoothly (and not too hard on stops) they have been going about 3 years now. Thats not to say I havn't opened them up although was not to fix but to add "squash ball mod" oh and then there was that time I had to rewire the thing ....

Keep on racing , keep on improving wd Dan

SD.

Do you have the Red Momo? That would be the good discontinued wheel. I'm guessing that since you say you took the pedals apart to do the squash ball mod. My Momo I was able to just slip the squash ball under the brake without dissassembling.

The fixes I talk about are for the new black Momo Racing and the DFP.
Quote from mrodgers :Do you have the Red Momo? That would be the good discontinued wheel. I'm guessing that since you say you took the pedals apart to do the squash ball mod. My Momo I was able to just slip the squash ball under the brake without dissassembling.

The fixes I talk about are for the new black Momo Racing and the DFP.

Yes it the older red momo that I use.
I love the wheel and hope to be still using it for another 3 years or so

SD.
Quote from Hyperactive :Maybe I'll get my next enlightment when I switch to FFB wheel

How can you even play LFS without FF? illepall
Quote from deggis :How can you even play LFS without FF? illepall

Easily
You see, I have a logitech wheel that I bought for Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2. But after one hour of struggling to get it alligned I gave up. Maybe one day soon i'l try again. Right now i'm on keys, and when I don't get taken out at the begining of the race i'm consistently in the top 5 or so.

A wheel story.
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG