The online racing simulator
bug aston grand prix rev
hey hey,
first of all i hate post this, and i am not a stats noob, but i just think its not fair. because there are many people that look now the day at your stats

well i was driving today on aston grand prix rev. and i got 2 yellos but the was no reason for it at all , all 2 laps where clean.

after the last split time, if you go wide on the tarpex you get a yellow,

i have no idea how ctra work with yellows,
it can be a bug in the system but i think its a bug in lfs???

i posted the replay if you want to see it. its in lap 3, 4

i hope we can safe the bug
Greets,

Reint Jan hoiting
Attached files
yellow flag often.mpr - 1.8 MB - 120 views
Bug in the LFS racing line thingy. If you are even slightly off pace you get a yellow. Is it fixed in Y18 because I've not seen them lately. Or have I learned to drive?

But everyone else gets a yellow there too so it affects everyones stats and they are still comparable. Unless somebody deliberately avoids those tracks that give false yellows...
#3 - Joris
I thought it was me being slow when I had yellow flags on that track.

I have to admit I have been avoiding that track for that reason. Not that I have a stats fettish but I do not like to be penalised for having a mediocre lap.
#4 - VoiD
I´m pretty sure its the GT2-restriction.
Raced many times with LX6/FXO/FBM on that particular line and never got a yellow...
#5 - Mauni
Also with FZ50 it's fairly easy to get an unnecessary yellow flag there.
that is wierd because the corner speed is the same in gt2 then in gt1
If there is a known issue concerning yellows, whether it's just at that corner or is known to occur on many tracks then it makes the whole yellow flag system fall into a difficult area. You could argue that as so many people get flags in certain areas then it's 'self' levelling. Meaning everyone is effected so it doesn't matter as the 'real' results are still highlighted by the mean, mode and median. But you could also argue that it puts the whole system into disrepute. If you can't trust a yellow flag in one place how can you trust it anywhere. Which could be argued through to the conclusion that the whole yellow flag system in CTRA is worthless, at worst meaning nothing at all and at best just purely indicative of performance and not to be used in a court of law.

My own standpoint is that I'm not good enough to warrent paying too much attention to how many yellow flags I pick up. There are so many areas that a yellow flag can be picked up that I generally don't even acknowledge them any more. I concentrate on my racing attitude to those around me rather than the number of flags that gets put on my licence.
I have an objection...

Funny, the yellow flag value shouldn't really be used except for yet another stat. We (CTRA) don't use it in any way against you, nor should anyone else really.

The yellow flag issue kinda annoys me, because a bunch of people whined about it, and got my favourite track (BL1R) removed from the track rotation.
BL1R was one of my favourite tracks too but the truth of the matter is that many teams do use it as an "indication" of cleanliness. That's certainly not the only criteria by any means but neverthless it is a factor in the decision process. Have you created a monster though ?
#10 - SamH
Yeah, I think we created a monster but the problem isn't the creature, it's the way in which the angry villagers perceive it.
#11 - Dru
Burn The Witch!

(this is a monty python referecene btw..... nothing more )
Yeah! She turned me into a newt.

I got better.
#14 - Dru
Quote from March Hare :Yeah! She turned me into a newt.

I got better.

So if she weighs the same as a duck, then she's made of wood.... and therefore......

a.....witch!

BURN HER!!!!!
Awight Guv, it's a fair cop.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG