The online racing simulator
Red Momo FFB problem
(5 posts, started )
Red Momo FFB problem
Everytime i turn left in LFS with FFB on i get a horrible sound. Its hard to describe what it is but when i turn left only 5 or 10 degrees i hear this loud knocking and i can feel the gears in the wheel more than usual. When this first happened i wasnt happy as i figured the wheel is on its last legs. However today i fired up the Singtel Simulator (nkpro) and noticed nothing wrong with the wheel at all. Went back to LFS and the problem is still there. The FFB in LFS is a LOT stronger and different than nkpro and i have no idea what the issue is. Any help would be much appreciated!
It may be that your motor has worked itself loose. It's a fairly common problem on the Red momo - if you search around there's a guide on how to take your wheel apart and tighten it up. It's not particularly hard, but will probably take you an hour. When you tighten the screws back up, you can put on a dab of superglue to make sure they don't come loose again.
Cheers guys i thought it may have been more terminal than this. Hopefully when i get around to doing this it fixes the problem!
Yes it will, mine did exactly the same thing so I locktite'd the motor screws in place. (+ you get to see how much better the internals are than the standard momo)

I was thinking of starting a 'Momo Red Owners Thread' what do you think?

Red Momo FFB problem
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG