The online racing simulator
Server side no TC switch
(9 posts, started )
Server side no TC switch
I would like to see a server side option to shut down traction control.

At the moment F1 has also not one, but thats not the point, especially they will have it back someday, and then again will not in some other years.

But what i really do not like is the situation in which the FO8 is much harder to drive than the BF1.

Of course i did not drive a F1 or a FO8 class car in real life, but i think its harder to drive a F1 in real live, and so it should in the "simulation"

I think the F1 should always be the king class.

Especially in league racing with the BF1 it would be better to have no traction control.
-as many 9s needed to crash the forum.

Both the BF1 and FZ5 would have TC in real life. The BMW F1.06 has TC IRL, and so do most 911s. The FO8 is harder to drive than the BMW Sauber? That's because F3000 cars are harder to drive than F1 cars with TC (OK, apart from factors that aren't included in sim racing like G-loads, fitness, cockpit temperatures).

However, I don't think that apart from one or two any other cars that currently are TCless need it. I'll do a bit of rummaging for that one.
#3 - ajp71
Given that the Sauber was designed and built with traction control as an integral part I'd be opposed to any official option to block traction control and whilst it's possible to drive it near competitively without TC. I think it's fair to say that the current cars will have been redesigned to be much easier to apply the power without traction control, given that only a couple of drivers have had moments that may have been down to the lack of traction control.

As for the 911 the traction control is of no use anyway in good conditions, when we have wet weather that will all change though.
#4 - Woz

If we got a new BF1 of the era that did not allow TC it would still not be an issue because there would be no TC to enable.
+1

I know why its all opposed and such but hey its a server side option not like everyones saying.
You have to drive this car without TC on every server, its just an option for the server incase.
Personally im for it, but everyone has an oppinion.
Quote from AstroBoy :+1

I know why its all opposed and such but hey its a server side option not like everyones saying.
You have to drive this car without TC on every server, its just an option for the server incase.

Thats exact what i wanted to say, thank you.
People who not want to drive without tc say -1, they have not understand propably
Quote from AstroBoy :I know why its all opposed and such but hey its a server side option not like everyones saying.

In that case this would be part of a setup-related server-side option. Some sort of flexible setup limiting scheme so it could cover from "fixed setup" scenarios to "limited to" scenarios.
+1 Until we can get a new F1 car modelled, this would be a welcomed addition especially to those of us who cannot stand the nurtured feel of TC.
#9 - Woz
Quote from Eddster :+1 Until we can get a new F1 car modelled, this would be a welcomed addition especially to those of us who cannot stand the nurtured feel of TC.

But why? The 06 version is DESIGNED to have TC. The new versions would have gone through a REDESIGN because they can't have TC. Al you are trying to do is force a setup on a car not ready for it.

Just don't drive with TC. I race the FZ5 without TC while many use it. Does not bother me.

Server side no TC switch
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG