The online racing simulator
Danica Patrick wins IRL Motegi
(65 posts, started )
This business about the minimum weight is interesting. I don't follow the IRL much (does anyone have a link to their technical regulations re. the minimum weight?).

Weight cannot be much of a issue on ovals, surely - given that it's a bigger penalty in acceleration, under braking and through corners.

According to WP she hasn't tested an F1 car ... times could be interesting.
-
(Hyperactive) DELETED by Hyperactive : didnt read what was already said
less weight = free horsepower, doesn't matter where you are
Quote from Bob Smith :They probably still keep a map in the passenger seat. And use sat nav:

turn left...
go straight...
turn left...
go straight...
turn left...
go straight...
turn left...
go straight...

GO STRAIGHTER!
Quote from Thorvertonian :You know why women are good at oval racing? because they still can't find a parking space big enough, so carry on going round and round.....

whats wrong with a woman winning a race? I think its brilliant. It was on the front page of the Vancouver Sun.
whats with auto racing and sexism? shame on many of you.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :whats wrong with a woman winning a race? I think its brilliant. It was on the front page of the Vancouver Sun.
whats with auto racing and sexism? shame on many of you.

Ya...I can see how these comments might be offensive to oval fans, feminist or danica patrick fans.

But i find it hilarious how some people took this as an opportunity to jab at oval racing when the first female winner in open wheel was actually Katherine Legge in the F-Atlantic...so...based on their comments ovals are actually harder than road courses considering that Janet Guthrie (1977 in both Indy and NASCAR), Shawna Robinson (2001 NASCAR), Erin Crocker (NASCAR, ARCA 2006) Sarah Fisher (Indy 1999), Milka Duno (Indy 2007), Amanda Gogel (ARCA 2006), and Michelle Theriault (USAR, ARCA 2007) all tried their best at ovals and came out with unsatisfactory results. (There may be many more but those are the only ones I can think of as of now)
just wish people would check their record books when looking for a woman who won in an open wheel series as desiree wilson won at brands hatch in the british national F1 championship in 1980. driving a wolf.

it may not have been true f1 but it was the fastest championship in the uk at the time, she went on to race indy cars and in sportscars won the sebring 6hours with scot pruett.
Yup, it was only a joke, I refuse to say I support women in sport, because thats segregation all by itself, a sport is a sport, regardless of who is competing in it, if they are good enough to challenge, let them compete!
Uh... Just have to check the calendar... Yep, seems we are in the twenty-first century... Damned if I understand half the shit written in this thread then...
Quote from nihil :Yep, seems we are in the twenty-first century... Damned if I understand half the shit written in this thread then...

Hey, no shit - what's all this about women having equal rights and all? That's so 20th century.
When she wins at Laguna Seca or Road America or Mid Ohio.. That will show true skill, this was good but wins in oval racing are only statisitcally relevant when you're up there regularly.. A bit of fuel strategy luck can make midfield drivers win every now and then..
Michele Mouton, anyone?

50 WRC rallies, 4 wins and 9 podiums during 1974–1986. She even quit rallying after '86 because Group A cars were too slow. She must have had balls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michele_Mouton
Absolutely, I think she's still the best female driver!
Quote from lizardfolk :Ya...I can see how these comments might be offensive to oval fans, feminist or danica patrick fans.

But i find it hilarious how some people took this as an opportunity to jab at oval racing when the first female winner in open wheel was actually Katherine Legge in the F-Atlantic...so...based on their comments ovals are actually harder than road courses considering that Janet Guthrie (1977 in both Indy and NASCAR), Shawna Robinson (2001 NASCAR), Erin Crocker (NASCAR, ARCA 2006) Sarah Fisher (Indy 1999), Milka Duno (Indy 2007), Amanda Gogel (ARCA 2006), and Michelle Theriault (USAR, ARCA 2007) all tried their best at ovals and came out with unsatisfactory results. (There may be many more but those are the only ones I can think of as of now)

I'm not much of an oval fan, but it is enjoyable.
Ech, ovals have their charm for those who prefer hardcore competition. Course difficulty is minimized for the sake of 3-4 wide 3 seconds separated competition.
Well, i was really surprised when i saw the results, but i couldn't dare watch the viideo of her winning. The only one i could find was a Japanese video and all the announcer did was yell, "Danka Danka Danka Danka!" It was like that for 5 lapps before i just closed out the video.
lol I could care less how she races, shes so damn hot.
Finallyyyy!!!
F1 test for Honda? Just a half-rumour though.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67043

Looks like gender matters.

Especially when in the same series there would be 2-3 much more seriously potential young candidates if a test option was given.
But the weird thing is that honda don't have sponsers so i don't really know what they would get from it.
Whats wrong in gender playing its part in those tests? If they can make a profit out of putting a woman in a F1 car, they will do it for sure, it always works like that.

I have to admit I always keep an eye on DTM to see how the girls are doing, dont really know why but Im always hoping for them to do well.
So a male driver has never, ever hit someone else's crew member in the pitlane?

Danica Patrick wins IRL Motegi
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG