The online racing simulator
clipping errors when using adaptive aa
when i'm using adaptive aa, i get clipping errors on some skyscrapers in south city "long reverse"

with normal AA everything is ok, and adaptive aa is working flawless in other games (bf2/css)

left - AAA, right - normal AA
#2 - ORION
Hm maybe try some different z-buffer settings?
Quote from ORION :Hm maybe try some different z-buffer settings?

i tried 1600x1200 in 16bit and 32bit color depth with 16bit Z Buffer and 24bit ZBuffer
with 16bit zbuffer i'm getting other & more clipping errors

i even tried all AI settings in the CCC.
#4 - ORION
Hmm thats strange...
does your card officially support that AAA, or have you used some registry hack to enable it?

I have no idea how to fix it - sry.

Maybe Scawen has an idea, or one of the ATI gurus in here

Your exact system config or at least the GPU could help a lot either.
Looks like some bug in the AAA code. After the last fiasco with the super slow ATi drivers (5.12-6.1) I'm more inclined to think the problem is on ATi's side.

AFAIK, buildings are made out of a big shiny block that represents the glass, overlayed with a semi-transparent texture defining the actual building structure. What you see is that for whatever reason the overlay texture at lower right polygon of the building gets smoothed/aliased away, revealing the big shiny block below.

IMO there's nothing Scawen can do about that.
Quote from ORION :Hmm thats strange...
does your card officially support that AAA, or have you used some registry hack to enable it?

I have no idea how to fix it - sry.

Maybe Scawen has an idea, or one of the ATI gurus in here

Your exact system config or at least the GPU could help a lot either.

X1900 XT - it really should support it

i've tried with the 6.2 catalyst + ccc (no ati tray tools)
and omega drivers + ati tray tools - always the exact same problem
#7 - Vain
Definitely an ATI problem. The devs could work around it by making the texture-holding polygons float above the structure some more (like the white track-marks float above the track, just a lot more), but it's actually just a bug in ATI's AAA-code affecting the z-buffer (or some very weird other bug in the ATI drivers). Use normal AA - it isn't like that'd kill your framerate with a X1900XT.

Vain
But AAA is something different than AA

AA antialiases the steps of the resolution

AAA antialiases textures with alpha channel to make them look more cleaner (for example the trees ans palms at fern bay)
#9 - Vain
Well, either have a "good" picture or have a bad picture that is produced in a very elite way. What is your choice?

Vain
Quote from ATHome :AAA antialiases textures with alpha channel to make them look more cleaner (for example the trees ans palms at fern bay)

Yes, that's clearly visible from the comparison screenshots. And exactly this is screwing up the alpha channel textures of the buildings. Scawen (respectively Eric, who designed the tracks) did nothing wrong, the AAA algorithm is faulty.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG