The online racing simulator
Hamilton!
(99 posts, started )
Expect a bump in 6 months.
Quote from Mustafur :Expect a bump in 6 months.

last time i said that it was to a 19 year old female

Attached images
YouFail.jpg
lol pwned triple time
Quote from Mustafur :Expect a bump in 6 months.

- April 21, 2008

Sorry, everyone. I ran across this thread and couldn't resist the excellent timing.

Please ignore me.

#83 - SamH
Actually, it makes very interesting reading. Necropost or not, it was worthwhile just to see how some of the things suggested have panned out and how some haven't
lmao

still, reading through this thread is quite funny.
Yeah, especially considering that it's a prime example of Kev's post count reduction campaign.

Interesting read, have to say I feel a little bit sorry for Gary Paffett, Mclaren seem to have ignored him.
#88 - SamH
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Interesting read, have to say I feel a little bit sorry for Gary Paffett, Mclaren seem to have ignored him.

It appears that way but realistically the reason he didn't get the drive is because, for whichever reason unknown to us, he couldn't deliver on the job as well or better than Heikki.
#89 - J.B.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Interesting read, have to say I feel a little bit sorry for Gary Paffett, Mclaren seem to have ignored him.

Yeah, I really wonder why he failed to impress them more as a test driver. He's been ultra fast in everything he's ever done. Right now his career is going round in circles a bit. He's dominating the DTM B class which will probably lead him back into the DTM A class, which he already won in 2005...

But where can he go? At 27 he's probably too old to do a di Resta and go to GP2 and F1 teams, other than the failed prodrive, have never seemed interested. Shame.
I think he should go to America, he would probably have a shot at IRL if he did some ALMS.
anyone know of the next kid supposedly coming through the Mclaren system. I saw an article a couple weeks ago about the Scottish boy (say boy, he's 22) whose Dario Franchetti's cousin, or some kind of relative.

As you may gather I skim read the article , or it was a Sunday articale and was still too hungover to ackowldge it.
#92 - J.B.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think he should go to America, he would probably have a shot at IRL if he did some ALMS.

Yeah, might be a good idea.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :anyone know of the next kid supposedly coming through the Mclaren system. I saw an article a couple weeks ago about the Scottish boy (say boy, he's 22) whose Dario Franchetti's cousin, or some kind of relative.

As you may gather I skim read the article , or it was a Sunday articale and was still too hungover to ackowldge it.

He's not some unknown kid, he's the guy who beat Vettel very clearly in F3 euroseries, both even driving for the same team. Then, similarly to Paffett, he didn't have enough money to do GP2 so he went for a payed drive in DTM. This weekend he still has a chance to secure the DTM title and next year it looks like Mercedes may be paying for him to go to GP2 after all. And yes, he's Franchitti's cousin.

EDIT: forgot a minor detail, his name, Paul di Resta.
Quote from J.B. :Yeah, might be a good idea.

He's not some unknown kid, he's the guy who beat Vettel very clearly in F3 euroseries, both even driving for the same team. Then, similarly to Paffett, he didn't have enough money to do GP2 so he went for a payed drive in DTM. This weekend he still has a chance to secure the DTM title and next year it looks like Mercedes may be paying for him to go to GP2 after all. And yes, he's Franchitti's cousin.

EDIT: forgot a minor detail, his name, Paul di Resta.

I think his last DTM season was even better. He was on an old car and was giving the drivers with the better cars a very hard time.
#94 - AMB
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :anyone know of the next kid supposedly coming through the Mclaren system. I saw an article a couple weeks ago about the Scottish boy (say boy, he's 22) whose Dario Franchetti's cousin, or some kind of relative.

Paul di Resta.

He was Hamilton's rival when they raced karts in the UK. They were very closely matched.
How can Paul and Dario both be Scottish if their family is blatently Italian it seems :P
They're both from the McMillan clan of Bologna.
Quote from xaotik :They're both from the McMillan clan of Bologna.

Still, both cool guys tho, I don't know much about Di Resta, I hate him for making the Mercedes win in DTM, but i can't deny that he is good at it. He's a good racer, just like Dario is, was... No, he still is right?
Quote from BlueFlame :How can Paul and Dario both be Scottish if their family is blatently Italian it seems :P

Edinburgh has a connection with Italy, a lot of Italians immigrated over here in the early 20's. Dario's father grew up in Scotland, and as such the Italian blood in Dario goes as far back as his grandparents i think.

If I mind right, when Dario was coming through the ranks, Jackie Stewart was his then coach/manager and suggested a change of name to help Dario get noticed by British sponsors, can't mind what Jackie had planned but Dario refused to go along with it.

Hamilton!
(99 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG