The online racing simulator
I´m looking for snowy roads
(21 posts, started )
Hey, I´d like to make a trip to anywhere where I could find snowy roads like the links below. I thought on Norway or Finland. The main reason of the trip is just driving of course, but also seeing beautiful white landscapes and so.
Anyone knows the best place for doing this? Does somebody have done this before? Which months I can find snow in scandinavian countries? Do you recommend me?

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4

-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Since I don't live in Europe,I can't help you a lot but I know that you could get some nice white roads everywhere when your driving the day after a snowstorm.
Don't you think The Alps would be little bit closer than Scandinavia?

If you want to see mountains then Finland is out of the question because there are no mountains here, only arctic hills.

Snowy months would be from November to April. But only in northern parts of Sweden/Finland. Don't know about Norway.
Quote from deggis :Don't you think The Alps would be little bit closer than Scandinavia?

If you want to see mountains then Finland is out of the question because there are no mountains here, only arctic hills.

Snowy months would be from November to April. But only in northern parts of Sweden/Finland. Don't know about Norway.

sad to say, these 2 years have been awful winter in middle of finland dont go to there, you will not get as good winter/snow as finnish used to get. but, we got some amount of snow this year, just enough for päitsi
Last I heard was they still had some snow in Antartica, but it's disappearing fast, problem is, like Finland, not too many mountains!
Tibet, however, has got mountains AND snow, but not many good roads.
As previously suggested, your best bet would be the alps, fairly good roads, lots of mountains, and snow from November to March. Added bonus is that it isn't too far to travel!
Go to Finland and ask Solberg about snowy roads I think he can help you...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Go to Finland and ask Solberg about snowy roads I think he can help you...

Except that Solberg is Norwegian...
Oh shit, I was thinking on that! Nevermind, I'm owned
haha i bet petter would rofl @ that
That would be Grönholm.
....post erased....
Quote from CobraDrifter :Since I don't live in Europe,I can't help you a lot but I know that you could get some nice white roads everywhere when your driving the day after a snowstorm.

Hey man, thanks for your answer but... do you know something about Canary Islands? Snowstorms and blizzards don´t exist here lol I know a lot of countries with snow, but I´d also like to know where can I find nice roads

Well, The Alps are nice then. I didn´t know Finland have no mountains, what a pity

The good thing about The Alps is Passo Stelvio, 49 hairpins in 24km . The only problem is that there is only snow from November to March, according to Bladerunner...

Well, I´d like to read some Swedish and Norwegian answers.

Thank you guys
You could always come to México, nice roads, nice weather everything is nice. There are some good mountains... pretty good.

Oh wait! you want snow.
And nice girls :rolleyes:
But the flight is too much expensive
Are you thinking of renting a car for the trip or are you shipping your own car?

Can we know what car will be that?
Hehe as you know shipping my own car is not cheap, besides I have no car, I borrow my father´s one
So yes, my idea is to lease a car. Which one? The better one I can afford
It´s just for enjoying driving trough snowy landscapes you know, racing is not necesary for driving pleasure
Of course if the road is safe... I´ll do some rally stages Do you know where can i rent an Evo? XDD
This is a trip I have in my mind and I´d love to make whenever I can :auto:
Quote from NitroNitrous :Hehe as you know shipping my own car is not cheap, besides I have no car, I borrow my father´s one
It´s just for enjoying driving trough snowy landscapes you know, racing is not necesary for driving pleasure
Of course if the road is safe... I´ll do some rally stages Do you know where can i rent an Evo? XDD

Believe me, driving in the Alps is NOT always a pleasure!
Make sure you are well prepared, hire a 4x4, or at very worse, a FWD (I pwnwd a BMW 320i once with my clapped out Renault 5 TL!!!), snow chains/studded tyres are required BY LAW on certain roads; take plenty of warm clothes, extra food (just in case) and a shovel. Don't forget to top up your mobile (credits AND battery!) before you go....

Did you say PLEASURE!!!???!
You have described a perfect weekend for me LOL
I´d go with at least one mate

Thanks for advising
Quote from NitroNitrous :Hehe as you know shipping my own car is not cheap, besides I have no car, I borrow my father´s one

Hehehe I supposed it

I just wanted to know if you were thinking of a Land Rover type, an Audi 4WD type, or an EVO/Impreza type
Just as a warning: Most people who have to drive in snowy conditions regularly still don't know how to drive there. So don't go there just for some sliding fun, because it is dangerous for you and others.
I really rather think of myself as a good driver, but still, I managed to lose controll over my (low powered FWD) car twice in winter, once sending me into the armco, and once down a 3 meter embankement. Both times, the speedo needle was hardly raised above the 0 marker.
The problem is, that with a closed cover, you don't see what the road is like underneath. Just pulvery snow above tarmac is actually quite grippy, at least if you're slow, but if there's a film of ice between the snow and the road, its devilishly slippery.
Thanks very much ColeusRattus, I´ll keep it in mind.
I also thought on doing a snow driving class instead of going by my own, maybe it´s a better idea. I know there are some of them in Finland, I have a video about it
BTW I think Austria would be also fine

Hey RocksGt, in the class I saw they used Impreza Group N. Would you like to come?

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG