The online racing simulator
Which wheel to buy?
(48 posts, started )
#26 - Jakg
I wouldn't of thought it would be neccesary seeing as the forum would have thrown up threads full of links to the guide.

If he can't click a link and read then i can't be bothered to paste a link

(thank god it's in my sig).
Sorry for offtopic .
I need new wheel too, and i can't decide between DFP and RGT..
I'm looking for racer who have been drived with both wheels, to share his impressions.
I'm scared about DFP because lfsmanual says -
Quote :The only issue is that at 900° the motors will not physically let you turn the wheel quick enough to countersteer for things like drifting, however it will work at 240°.

Is it true?
And again, sorry for offtopic, and bad english.
Edit - RGT looks like a piece of cheap plastic..
Quote from der butz :snip... comes with 3 pedals.

Are you sure about that? When I look at the images on Amazon, it only shows two.

Quote from der butz :just as I said... brainless logitech fanboy sheep....

greetz

der butz

I'll treat that remark with the contempt it deserves.
@ Benjie.13

I've got some info for you regarding your sig. You can replace the 'unknown' bit with 'speed hacking'.
Sorry for OT.
G25
Hi Guys

id say the G25 is the clear winner hands down here

great value for money, you can pick them up in the UK for arou nd 150 quid nowdays,

they are real fun to race with !!

AaronH
#31 - TG44
G25. you can get it for ~200€ nowdays....

AARGH! i want that money! i need a wheel ffs!
Quote from Karoti :Are you sure about that? When I look at the images on Amazon, it only shows two.

No. The RGT comes with 3 pedals.
You don't need to spend all that money on a G25. Go for the Driving force pro, I got mine for about £40-£50 and simply can't fault it! :-)
Quote from jonny__27 :No. The RGT comes with 3 pedals.

when i GOT MINE ONLY TWO, BUT the wheel has two paddels. you can add a extra peddel set if you like.
Definitely G25. If you need a cheaper one, go for the DFP. 900° as well
Quote from TG44 :G25. you can get it for ~200€ nowdays....

AARGH! i want that money! i need a wheel ffs!

I saw it at the dixsons here for €169,- amazing but my dfp stil work maybe when i get my new pc il buy g25 with it
Quote from richukss :Sorry for offtopic .
I need new wheel too, and i can't decide between DFP and RGT..
I'm looking for racer who have been drived with both wheels, to share his impressions.
I'm scared about DFP because lfsmanual says -
Is it true?
And again, sorry for offtopic, and bad english.
Edit - RGT looks like a piece of cheap plastic..

Well I have the DFP and yes, it is somewhat true that in 900 degree mode, it is harder but not impossible to drift with. I'm drifting 900 degrees and the only trouble I ran into was if I use the lx6 as the car of choice (since it is very sensitive) or if I enter with a high angle. You don't need to tune the rotation down that low to make it easier. If 900 is too hard, try 720, then 540, then 360, etc.
I'd go for the DFP but I wouldn't turn down the thrustmasters wheel either.
Quote from Borat :when i GOT MINE ONLY TWO, BUT the wheel has two paddels. you can add a extra peddel set if you like.

there are two versions of this wheel. RGT Pro and RGT Pro Clutch edition which has 3 pedals
...whereas the 2 pedal version is not longer being sold... Here you can't get the thing wihtout clutch since a year or two. It's the same price anyway :-)

greetz

der butz
Thanks Scatter, so, i decided and getting dfp soon
thanks for all the advice guys. sorry bout posting in the wrong place.

Ive had a look at all options. the G25 is double the price of the DFP in south africa.

is it a serious biggy to not have a clutch?
Quote from der butz :just as I said... brainless logitech fanboy sheep....

greetz

der butz

If a brand is good, and makes good wheels, wheels that most of the people have and reccomend, wouldnt that be the best option? Or do you think Thrustmaster just happened not to be lucky and not to appeal the flow? Maybe there are reasons. Think again dude/inform yourself. Also, you seem to be more brainless than us, since you just insulted the majority of the users on this forum
If you have the money for a G25, buy that. If you dont, buy DFP! Simple
Quote from Dizzydarryn :thanks for all the advice guys. sorry bout posting in the wrong place.

Ive had a look at all options. the G25 is double the price of the DFP in south africa.

is it a serious biggy to not have a clutch?

I have the DFP and no, it's no big deal not having a clutch pedal, you can always assign one of the buttons on the wheel to operate it anyway.

Considering the difference in price the DFP is better value and runs in steel bearings too.

Having said that, the G25 is the ultimate and I would love one but realism has to be considered if you on a budget. The G25 is a lot of money for that extra pedal!
G25 isnt expensive for what it is.. It isnt just a extra pedal over the dfp.. when will people understand But yes, DFP is a good buy... G25 is just bigger, more bad ass, has a shifter, the wheel itself is very big and comfortable, and the pedal set is much bigger/heavier. + the wheel has better force feedback.... its not just a extra clutch pedal above the dfp.. its just the next level.. :P
#47 - Jakg
Quote from g7usl :Having said that, the G25 is the ultimate and I would love one but realism has to be considered if you on a budget. The G25 is a lot of money for that extra pedal!

The most annoying fallacy about the G25 - your paying for a Clutch / H-Shifter.

Your paying for a much higher quality wheel as WELL, it is NOT just a DFP with a few minor tweaks.
DFP GT is quite a bit cheaper. I guess it´s depending on your budget.

I sold my fanatec 911 turbo beta wheel and am back at G25 now... I thought I would get used to it again. I mean I really liked it prior to testing the fanatec wheel, but the wheel doesn´t feel right in any sim I run anymore... So even if it´s cheaper I must say I preferr the fanatec wheel by far. Same as for the shifter.

Now as mentioned only tested the beta wheel yet (ordered the retail should be shipping right now but the changes made there seem to improve it even more especially the pedals. So may be wise to play cool until reviews and users with the retail fanatec wheel has reported in . It has much higher potential then the G25 for sure.

I used the G25 pedals while testing the fanatec (nixim progressive brake mod modded) for my PC sims. The pedals are really good even though both the brake and throttle spring has softened a lot compared to when it was new.... I may try to change the throttle spring for the clutch . PS 3 as I understand it won´t support multiple controllers so that is a problem. But for arcade games I am confident I will run the fanatec 911 Turbo wheel. Quite sure GT 5 as well depending on how good brake control primarily you need and of course how well the new fanatec 911 turbo pedals functions .

But really for feel the fanatec wheel can´t be beaten unless paying three times as much... Unless the Frex FFB wheel get cheaper then expected... I haven´t spotted any difference in lap times with these two wheels. Though since the Fanatec wheel have stronger force feedback I tend to be smoother with it, while on the other hand with less force on the G25 you can correct slides faster

The drawback here is of course fatigue... The G25 has very weak force feedback even at 100 % in comparison. There is often no force feedback acting on the G25 as well so it´s easier on your body for sure.

Which wheel to buy?
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG