The online racing simulator
Using Vista now I can't start my own track
Having just invested (??) in a new machine and using Vista I find that I can't start a new track just for a friend and me to race head to head. A window comes up proclaiming I'm not connected to Main Server although we're using the same host name and password for the past two years. Anyone have any clues about what I need to change please?
Forward your ports for your new PC. Since your using a new rig, your router assiged a different local ip address for your computer.
#3 - Woz
Quote from peejayh :Having just invested (??) in a new machine and using Vista I find that I can't start a new track just for a friend and me to race head to head. A window comes up proclaiming I'm not connected to Main Server although we're using the same host name and password for the past two years. Anyone have any clues about what I need to change please?

Yep, change Vista for XP

Sorry, could not resist lol
Quote from Woz :Yep, change Vista for XP

Sorry, could not resist lol

Nah. Ive been using vista business at my work, and its been good so far, no problems. Ive been running vista 64 on my desktop for a week or so now as well, and i haven't had any problems.
#5 - ORION
also running vista 64 on my gaming comp and it runs smoothly so far...
actually, a really annoying bug in xp is removed - usb sticks can now be removed properly
Sorry but pardon my ignorance - how precisely do I forward my ports and where should they be forwarded to?
If it's not too technical, that aspect is covered in Karl's server guide.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG