The online racing simulator
Display Map Improvment
(33 posts, started )
Display Map Improvment
On the small map we can see our car and our oponents cars. There is also visible who is faster and who is behind. My improvment suggestion is to mark drivers who has more then 1 lap diffrence from us. It is important during long races to know if somebody behind, after overtaking us, will be infront or still behind.
I think it would be more convenient and less of a clutter to mark this next to the positions list, so just a bracket with +1 or -2 or something next to the names.

Cheers,

Edit: I fully agree that we need to know who's how many laps in front/behind, though! Nothing worse than doing a splash and dash and then finding out that was your last lap and you were actually 2 laps down in stead of 1
I personally don't use the map, I have nothing on my screen really, now and then when I want to know I'll check how many laps left. But I do think instead of split times, there should be a "live" reading on who's in front of you, and behind you. It's always nice to know how much someone is in front of you and behind you, not only when you just passed a split. And if someone is a lap ahead, the reading you get from the car behind you changes color or something, or says +1.
Quote from sgt.flippy :But I do think instead of split times, there should be a "live" reading on who's in front of you, and behind you. It's always nice to know how much someone is in front of you and behind you, not only when you just passed a split.

And how do you think should that be done? Hundreds of pseudo checkpoints all over the map?
#5 - filur
There are already hundreds of pseudo-checkpoints, called nodes

Edit: sgt.flippy's idea would be simple to do thru insim
And eveytime you and the driver behind you passes a split it tells you the gap in seconds next to the name in the race positions list.
i already suggested something like this, it's a dead topic now... :P
But it would be nice if it's implented, cause you see a red (orange) dot behind ya and you think ok, I have 2 watch out, but then he is a lap behind you, iTS so frustrating sometimes
Just keep your eye on the splits and you'll know exactly how much of a lead you have. You don't need the map.
But when others are more than one split in front or behind you, you no longer get split times. I for one would like to know if I'm one or two laps in front/behind...

But as I said, I would rather see this next to the positions list, along with an indication of pitstops (none, 1x, 2x, ...)
I agree with bob
What do you think about that? See attachment.
Attached images
map.jpg
Quote from bobvanvliet :I think it would be more convenient and less of a clutter to mark this next to the positions list, so just a bracket with +1 or -2 or something next to the names.

I agree with you. It will be better to improve positions list than overfill minimap with informations. I use minimap only to avoid a crash during pit out.
Quote from madmak :What do you think about that? See attachment.

Too small to read during race, IMO. :magnify:
Quote from sgt.flippy :But I do think instead of split times, there should be a "live" reading on who's in front of you, and behind you. It's always nice to know how much someone is in front of you and behind you, not only when you just passed a split. And if someone is a lap ahead, the reading you get from the car behind you changes color or something, or says +1.

Unrealistic, isn't it, Scawen hasn't got that much money to buy engineers
First 4 are good. The last 3, you're starting to get into the realm of too much information making it unrealistic.
Yup, the first 4 sound good...
I don't even use the map.
That's what yellow flags are for.
^^ And I usually use a completely emtpy screen, no laptimes, no laps, nothing, I mapped a key on my wheel to put everything back, to have a quick look. And when everything is off... I don't see a yellow "flag". So I hope there'll be officials waving flags, not just the writing, so I can still see the flags without everything on my screen.
Cool, so you drive it like a sim .
I would have done it too, if they had flags, position and lap times in cockpit.
Nevermind, if they do, inside isnt 'simmy' anymore
I think the original suggestion is the most useful of all in this thread. Even if it's unrelated to dicing for position, it's still very handy to know how hard to push.
Quote from madmak :On the small map we can see our car and our oponents cars. There is also visible who is faster and who is behind. My improvment suggestion is to mark drivers who has more then 1 lap diffrence from us. It is important during long races to know if somebody behind, after overtaking us, will be infront or still behind.

Just a bump of this topic.
I really like to have an option to see which car is 1 or more laps behind on the map. I'm struggeling in races to see which car i'm racing and which I can let go.

Second thing is to remove the big warnings as Blue flag, Yellow flag, PB for ....
Put this kind of information somewhere on the side/top/bottom of the sceen, instead of the middle in a kingsize font. It would be perfect to have marshalls waving flags, but that might be to much to ask.
Cars in front of you are yellow, cars behind are orange...

And on the second suggestion, I want the opposit. I want a clear shift+f screen, but still get the laptimes/splits and flags on my screen.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Cars in front of you are yellow, cars behind are orange...

I know, but you can't see the difference of a car direct behind you, or 1 or more laps behind you. I think those cars should have another color, so you know you can let them overtake you, without consequences.

Display Map Improvment
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG