The online racing simulator
my g25 soon
(22 posts, started )
my g25 soon
hi i have just ordered a g25 and a play seats evolution(the older one) anyone have the same setup if so how is it? had a wheel since is the shifter good? is the wheel reliable? is the FULL set reliable?
any chance of some pics of there set

p.s anyone know a way to mount the shifter without the playseats adapter as it aint worth £25
The wheel itself is excellent when i got mine i couldnt believe how smooth it was and how pricise it was. The pedals are brillant great risitistance and a nice solid feel as for the shifter its not the same story ive herd of reverse going in a lot of them and my own has a tendencey to jump out of second gear into nutral without warning.
over all its a great wheel it will no dought take a bit of getting used to give urself about two weeks and ul be flying.
thanks for that too bad im at school agen after this week =[ lots of work to do still go on it
bump
Amazing wheel. You will not be disappointed. Reverse never worked on mine to begin with, but eh... I was too excited to send it back and live without it for another few weeks. Only issue I have currently is the leather shifter wrap getting in the way when I try and shift into 5th gear sometimes.
thanks for that if mine breaks ill send it back want everything perfect lol for the price anyway
Any Other People Gunna Post Still Aint In Stock =[
you may as well look up some reviews on google?

Anyway, i got a G25 too. The wheel and pedals are fantastic...the shifter not so much. im not at all happy with mine. The first one broken by the revers going on the shifter, andthen the second one broken by the 1at, 3rd and 6th slot going. So overall, its a good wheel and worth the price, but im not happy with the shifter AT ALL.
i have read reviews and they all say its good after ONE day of it lfs people try it over months even years
have my g25 since dec. 06 and had no whatsoever problems with it.
at first the wheel felt a little thin as i had the red momo before and the wheel on that one was really thick like a real sportscar wheel, but i accomodated to that and i like the bigger diameter of the wheel now.
i also have a playseat evolution and this has brought a whole new dimension of immersion to my gaming, because now i sit right above the ground and not in an office chair which always felt a little like driving a lorry. the playseat is really sturdy and the evolution variant has a much stiffer wheelbase which is not swinging from side to side like on the first playseat. i also have the gearshiftholder for the g25 which fits nicely besides the seat, but i think i will build me a nice little plate to have the opinion to fix the gearshifter right next to the wheel for using it as a handbrake if i drive some richard burns rally.
all in all not cheap but worth every dime.
i don´t know how many hours i used it, but on the average i´m on at least about five to ten hours a week.

peace mo
Hey, anyone got a wheel they dont use? at least 1-turn or 270degree??
ill take it right about now..
Quote from molocco :have my g25 since dec. 06 and had no whatsoever problems with it.
at first the wheel felt a little thin as i had the red momo before and the wheel on that one was really thick like a real sportscar wheel, but i accomodated to that and i like the bigger diameter of the wheel now.
i also have a playseat evolution and this has brought a whole new dimension of immersion to my gaming, because now i sit right above the ground and not in an office chair which always felt a little like driving a lorry. the playseat is really sturdy and the evolution variant has a much stiffer wheelbase which is not swinging from side to side like on the first playseat. i also have the gearshiftholder for the g25 which fits nicely besides the seat, but i think i will build me a nice little plate to have the opinion to fix the gearshifter right next to the wheel for using it as a handbrake if i drive some richard burns rally.
all in all not cheap but worth every dime.
i don´t know how many hours i used it, but on the average i´m on at least about five to ten hours a week.

peace mo

thnks man tht was really useful
well now iv had to cancel my g25 order as it is going to arrive wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to late so guess ebay =]
bump
I received my G25 set yesterday. I've upgraded from a lesser set of plastic force feedback steering wheel and two pedals. This is what I have to say about it and also how it has knocked back my driving to square one!

First impressions are good, though it will take some getting used to.

The wheel;
Superb quality, heavy, durable. Great motors on the force feedback. The wheel feels excellent in the hands though I've not been able to get away with the 900 degree rotation so I've set it somewhat lower. The paddles are excellent quality, made of metal, and make a satisfying 'click' when moved.

Also it is possible to feel slight 'steps' when turning the wheel slightly, probably due to the force feedback motors I'd guess.

The pedals;
Pretty good, solid, but could be better. I would like to see the brake pedal move MUCH less, almost not at all, and be applied by pressure to the pedal and not movement. If anyone has ever driven a Caterham car then you'll know what I'm on about. Also the clutch is very linear - you should be given the option to adjust the ratio of input depending on how far you push the pedal because in real cars the clutch isn't linear.

Oh - almost forgot - its a bit annoying when you come off the accelerator briefly to change gear and bang it back down. You get a reverberating vibration from the springs inside which last for about a second - it makes a noise and you can feel it through the pedal.

The shifter;
This is the most disappointing thing about the set. It just feels rubbish and plasticy. There's hardly any resistance going between gears and it feels sloppy in the guides. Not good whatsoever. I've actually unplugged it from the set.

I've not been able to get the Logitech Profiler to have much effect on the performance (such as the wheel rotation limits) but the Windows Game Controller applet works fine.

I also have been turned into a gibbering n00b with this set, I just can't coordinate everything because I've moved up from a simpler two-pedal layout with shifter on the wheel. I can't get my head round using everything at once!! Sounds funny, especially if you bear in mind that I've had a driving licence for 20 years and I hold a racing licence too.
Quote from horrgakx :
I also have been turned into a gibbering n00b with this set, I just can't coordinate everything because I've moved up from a simpler two-pedal layout with shifter on the wheel. I can't get my head round using everything at once!! Sounds funny, especially if you bear in mind that I've had a driving licence for 20 years and I hold a racing licence too.

This is exactly how I felt in the first couple of days (I've only had the wheel about a week now I suppose) It's strange that although I can drive my real car normally each day in the same configuration, as soon as I'm in "Sim" mode, I become a learner driver. I was also stomping on the clutch trying to brake as well. Another throw-back from the 2 pedal wheels I've used.

I agree with much that's been said already and although I love the wheel, I'm not overly friendly with the shifter in H gate configuration. If that gear shifter were in a car I was buying, well I wouldn't buy it for fear the gearbox was knackered Maybe some sort of stiffer spring would fix it a bit. Anybody come up with anything ? Hmm, I must do a search on this.
ye there is a resistance mod look it up on youtube
Ahh you mean "Ze Resistaaaance"? Wiz Renne! And ze Fallen Madonna wiz ze big boobies???
The g25 is just great, dunno why the ppl complain about the shifter, maybe because its worse then the one in a real car, but im happy with it.
Any In Stock G25s Anywhere In UK???
edit
bump :bump: just ordered one off ebay here on tuesday
its finally come YIPEE its awesome

my g25 soon
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG