The online racing simulator
Card for LFS and HTPC use
(5 posts, started )
So I've moved my LFS install to my HTPC, to use it on a bigger screen. Right now it's an integrated vid card (ATI x1250). As you can imagine LFS doesn't run to hot at 1920x1080 on that card. I do however like the HDCP and HDMI for the HTPC uses.

Can someone recommend a cheap'ish solution for me? Requirements are 1920x1080 LFS 60+fps, and HDCP. HDMI built in so I don't need an adapter is a big plus. Guess I have a budget around $150

Oh and I don't care about performance in other games. Have a decent desktop and PS3 for that.
Quote from ChaseMe :So I've moved my LFS install to my HTPC, to use it on a bigger screen. Right now it's an integrated vid card (ATI x1250). As you can imagine LFS doesn't run to hot at 1920x1080 on that card. I do however like the HDCP and HDMI for the HTPC uses.

Can someone recommend a cheap'ish solution for me? Requirements are 1920x1080 LFS 60+fps, and HDCP. HDMI built in so I don't need an adapter is a big plus. Guess I have a budget around $150

Oh and I don't care about performance in other games. Have a decent desktop and PS3 for that.

I'm fairly certain that even a 6800GT should be able to run that resolution with 8x AA and 16x AS without issue. I think.
A small ATI HD3850 should be enough
I think the 6800GT that Stang70Fastback said is nice, but you have a budget around $150... make good use of it Besides, ATI is better for video IMO.
Thanks guys. Do you think a 3650 would cut it? All the 3850's are going to end up close to $200 once taxed and shipped for me.
Should be enough, but don´t espect any miracle
8800GS it´s also a good idea IMO, but as I told you, ATI is better for an HTPC.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG