#2 - Migz
Id like to download it, if there was a download link on there site
DL'ing and installing atm, ill give you guys some feedback within an hour
Edit: Wow 121Mb for the game :o
Looking forward to your review. I bet the physics are crap, tho
Pure arcade POS.
#7 - Migz
Yeah im getting it now too
I need to find my wheel though my mums moved it somewhere.
If the steerings crap then im coming off it instantly lol.
#8 - Migz
:)
Played it, it doesnt seem too bad. Too much for my old system though. It kept lagging whenever i went near someone, and not all the textures loaded correctly. Probably quite fun if it runs smoothly
Still better wait until Scrabby gives us his feedback before deciding not to download it or not. Because i only played for about 50 seconds before i realised i couldnt be arsed to put up with lag.
First 5 second quick play, 900 degrees not good, seems a bit bland, graphics aren't great. Locked up my system on exit (wanted to sort wheel out). But it has holdens and bathurst :S

Edit: just had a bit longer of a play, reset me steering to 360 degrees. Seems alright, pretty fun, but that maybe because it bathurst. The cars feel floaty, and the force feedback is just wierd, really light between the middle and about 90degrees either side, then it starts trying to tug on your hands. Also, trying to get the rear end lose is impossible with out the handbrake, and you can't lock your wheels under heavy braking. Maybe its just the start of a sim, kinda like lfs back in the real early days.
I've been playing this game for the whole of 10 minutes and it seems its rather easy to master. I'm top of the leaderboards in Adelaide!

http://www.wheelspinstudios.co ... gspeed2/displayscores.php

Its alright i suppose. The physics are okay, bit bland. The force feedback is RUBBISH, I can't even feel it and when you do feel it its at high lock and its just a gentle pushing against your turn. No feedback from the car or the road, whatsoever.

Graphics are alright, not the best looking but they're pretty good for a free game.

Also, how come these guys have licenses to loads of big brands and tracks? Come on, Bathurst! We pay for this game and we don't get one real track, i'm not sure if they actually have a license for Bathurst or Adelaide, since this is a free game - where does the funding come from?

EDIT: Just stuck FRAPS on and beat my record, video will be on youtube once its rendered.
can you skin in this? i sure hope so, and if you can't there must be some way, editing files or something.
Looks like you can, just dds files. goto data then car then the name of the car.
I don't think I skidded or really lost control once, and that's with someone like *me* driving... it may as well be MS Train Simulator if the cars are going to run on rails like that.
hmm not much fun, to much grip, seems Bathurst (adelaide maybe to) is a straight rFactor conversion? Resembles ALLOT of it. Real cars okay but handles not that fine..
Quote from LFSn00b :Downloading now, i have always space for more driving sims, especially when they're free

It's the same here. I'm downloading it now, and I'll see what it's like tomorrow.
i downloaded it, its not superbad, but it gets the job done, graphics are ok, physics are... kinda grippy hard to slide without hand brake, only 12 cars on a grid, i want more! and i think like someone said above, how do they get all this licensed content, holden, bathurst ect? but anyway its free!
Quote from mickyc30 :i downloaded it, its not superbad, but it gets the job done, graphics are ok, physics are... kinda grippy hard to slide without hand brake, only 12 cars on a grid, i want more! and i think like someone said above, how do they get all this licensed content, holden, bathurst ect? but anyway its free!

The thing is - if they don't charge money for it, then do they really need a license? If no one's profiting from it (so it seems) then why should a license be bought? Its free popularity for the tracks and cars.
yeah.. well i took some screenies to show the people who haven't downloaded it.
Attached images
GTSR test.jpg
torana test.jpg
Just realised the cars have no interiors.
#20 - Migz
This is a piece of $H1TE!

I went to play it again and my computer crashed, when i booted back up i uninstalled it. And now when i try to play gta it keeps doing something that looks like at-tabbing.
And the loading bar from speed 2 keeps coming up. So now its POOPED!
#21 - Woz
Crap game BUT makes me realise how much I would love Bathurst in LFS.

The sequence of corners as you come over the top of the hill and start to come down is just stunning
I'm 15th on Adelaide, with the classic box-shaped car, 1:23:38

Quite good, I'd say, for my first laps
No cockpit view Just bonnet, behind or TV. What's that all about? This is as arcade as it gets, but the tracks and cars look very nice.
It looks a bit boring - but maybe he just wasn't pushing it very hard?
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
is the tires too good or are the car too powerless? when i go into corner, tab the e brake and get the car sideways, than press gas but the drift stops. But i like this game, its amazing that those graphics run on my computer. i like the graphs, and the cars. i think its pretty much a good game, only the unexiting drift abilities are disturbing me but mostly this game is fine

Anyone tried this? Driving speed 2
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG