The online racing simulator
Death Spiral Holds Enduring Appeal
(19 posts, started )

Interesting blog from the Wall Street Journal.
What is the meaning of "Stroke"?
Wow, cars kill loads of people.
It's not the car or the speed, it's the sudden stop or crushing force.
I object to including "suicide" as something that there are odds of killing you.
The others can all happen at random due to someone else's mistake or maybe a bad lifestyle choice. Suicide is the only one of those you choose to do to yourself.
Top three causes can all be significantly ruduced by health and lifestyle choices - sobering...

So in summary, eat less red meat, processed foods, do regular excercise and increase your intake of antioxides.

Oh and don't drive a car

Suicide and falling could be attributed to trying too hard to prevent the first three causes
Also, diabetes is big on the rise, it probably won't kill you but you could certainly live without it. Also ties in hugely with nutrition.

Stay away from high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) kids

edit: and get into hanging around with fireworks! :ambulance:bananadea
#8 - nihil
Are those little circles like tick boxes... 'Cause I can put a tick in a worryingly large number of them....
They should have included terrorist attack among the other causes. I'd bet it's right down there with fireworks and floods as the least likely causes of death.

But continue to be afraid, as it is profitable.
Quote from Glenn67 :So in summary, eat less red meat, processed foods, do regular excercise and increase your intake of antioxides.

That will only increase the odds of dying from other causes. The sum is still 1.

WARNING: Healthy food, sports and careful driving will INCREASE your relative chances of DYING from suicide, terrorism and shark bites!!
Interesting fact: EVERYBODY dies sometime! The trick is avoiding teh Reaper for as long as possible. If you give up booze, ciggies and Junk food, never drive a car or go out on roads where you might get knocked down, then the chances of the cause of death being boredom are increased by 5,000,000%

"78% of statistics are false."

"There are Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics!"
Quote from Bladerunner :Interesting fact: EVERYBODY dies sometime! The trick is avoiding teh Reaper for as long as possible. If you give up booze, ciggies and Junk food, never drive a car or go out on roads where you might get knocked down, then the chances of the cause of death being boredom are increased by 5,000,000%

Reminds of that character in Catch-22 who realises how slowly time seems to pass when he's doing something boring and repetitive, so he devotes all his time to boring, repetitive tasks in an attempt to live longer.
They forgot the the "slain in tragic G25 accident" entry.
the most important thing to remember is that the majority of people die in bed... most dangerous place on earth and you spend 8 hours in it every day
8 hours in bed? Guess I'll beat the odds then, I only get 7 at the most.
Phef, i only sleep 7 and a half hours. im not dead than i quess
That's it, I'm never sleeping again. Need to be ready to fight off the sythe carrying fairy.
Quote from Scrabby :What is the meaning of "Stroke"?

Een beroerte, als ik me niet vergis

Quote from Bob Smith :That's it, I'm never sleeping again. Need to be ready to fight off the sythe carrying fairy.

I don't sleep anyway. I wait

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG