I did, but all it changed was making the steering heavier or lighter, the effects stayed the same.
Ok I just figured out one weird thing. On rF force feedback settings I changed from wheel to joystick. And now my steering is centering. I also adjusted FFB strenght to kinda low numbers, -25 or something so now it doesn't resist so much my fast steering maneuvers. It still feels unrealistic, but at least now I can keep this C6 on track when exiting corners pedal to the metal. I still can't do fast steering movements as in real life, cause it keeps centering to actual center, not where front wheels want to.
Quote from Gil07 :I agree, I found the FFB just awful, not matter what settings I tried

With RealFeel the force feedback in rF should feel easily as good as the FF in LFS. You have to set it up correctly though, I posted some good settings a bit further up and you need to have a car that has correctly setup suspension (try the 320 or C6), any mod that doesn't give proper FF with a bit of tweaking should be thrown in the bin.

Quote from Hyperactive :Does anyone know if the "est. cornering" is correct in the garage/basic? Is the value calculcated from somewhere or is it som kind of modifier in the tire physics files?

I ask because in most mods that value is rediculously high. Like 1.6g for 60s american muscle cars .

I don't know how accurate the figures are but when I've questioned people about them (in fact most likely the same mod you're talking about) they just came up with a load of waffle about how the figures were accurate and how much racing experience and real 'testing' they'd done. Then the later changed the story to say it was a 'fun' mod and not entirely accurate. The best though is the historic rally mod with cars that pull 3.6g

Quote from JJ72 :my real feel ain't working, no FF input to the game in any sort (strange it was working okay some times ago), how can I "reset" the whole plugin and go back to square one?

Have you got any other joysticks/wheels plugged in, if so try unplugging them and see if that helps. Trying to get rF to send FF to the right device is a bit of a mission but if you plug them in in a certain order or swap their IDs in the Logitech profiler you should be able to get it to work without unplugging anything.
Quote from ajp71 :With RealFeel the force feedback in rF should feel easily as good as the FF in LFS. You have to set it up correctly though, I posted some good settings a bit further up and you need to have a car that has correctly setup suspension (try the 320 or C6), any mod that doesn't give proper FF with a bit of tweaking should be thrown in the bin.

I can't get it anywhere near of LFS, with any tweaking.
ITS YOUR DRIVING xD
Stop that.
I only got one device plugged in.

can anyone upload their realfeelplugin.ini so I can compare it with mine?
there's mine. i was wondering if there was any news? any new cars? also, i was wondering if anyone had made realistic physics for the ferrari 288gto street version... any updates to the e92 m3? i am itching for a new sportscar to drive around
Attached files
RealFeelPluginGABKICKS.rar - 471 B - 146 views
Quote from Gabkicks :there's mine. i was wondering if there was any news? any new cars? also, i was wondering if anyone had made realistic physics for the ferrari 288gto street version... any updates to the e92 m3? i am itching for a new sportscar to drive around

The racing version of the 288 is much more fun to drive although still obviously flawed.

Have you tried the CSGT preview mod? It's a preview of the 1970 WSC featuring four Porsches (911, 914, 906, 910) and has obviously been done with fantastic attention to detail in more than just the graphics, can't wait for the full mod

Failing that there's a new Mini RX mod which is quite fun to drive, the tires don't seem right but it's sufficiently front wheel drive and slow for it to still be fun to drive.
yeah that is in my top 10 rfacor mods now. i like the 1979 mod as well, especially with my recently acquired clutch pedal and 6speed shifter. the ferrari t4 is a joyous terror to drive around sepang. downshifting is quite tricky especially going all the way from 5th gear into 1st or 2nd gear for a tight corner. i wish everyone took mod making as seriously as those guys...
Quote from ajp71 :The racing version of the 288 is much more fun to drive although still obviously flawed.

have you tried the stradale? its supposed to be the realistic version, and the "street" one is supposed to have arcadey physics...

were old porsches really this easy to drive?
Quote from Gabkicks :
were old porsches really this easy to drive?

The 911 is tail happy but very drivable, even the AI cars fish tail about under braking just like real ones. I imagine the mod is fairly accurate as real 911s were by no means impossible to drive but rewarded smooth driving like these cars do. The 914 was always known for its very neutral predictable handling which it exhibits in the mod. I haven't really driven either of the prototypes enough to know how they behave on the limit.
ja i know but theres no way hed ever use that wheel for anything else than making videos about how crappy ffb is
or maybe hed use it if jtbo threatens to lick his balls if he doesnt

hyperactive 0
ritalin 1
Quote from Shotglass :ja i know but theres no way hed ever use that wheel for anything else than making videos about how crappy ffb is
or maybe hed use it if jtbo threatens to lick his balls if he doesnt

hyperactive 0
ritalin 1

Then:

JTbo 2
Niels 0
So basically I loose?

I use the G25 now, still a compromise but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, which shouldn't have been so hard because my old wheel had no resistance at all..

Corvette 3.0 is in the works, this time all the physics come from a VERY comprehensive excel sheet, using logic and simple equations to make sense of all the parameters. Springs are designed around an entered frequency, so you get the influence of vehicle weight in there too.. Damping is a function of the critical damping, which is calculated based on the chosen suspension frequency..

Tyre peak slip values and load sensitivity all come from size calculatings giving very good results.. Aero forces are known before you drive a yard, torque curves are made, gearboxes are either generated or you can enter your own ratios..Even the collision 'feelers' are generated based on the cars dimensions and a few other things..

Then I press the magic 'save' button and all the TBC / INI / HDV files are created! It is not unlikely that in a few weeks we'd want a few beta testers so look for a 'Version 3 of the rFactor car you might want to try is not out yet' thread..
If the 3.0 understeers less than the 2.0 - it is a guaranteed success
To me they're a lot more lively and change attitude more with your driving inputs; but I don't find 2.0 understeery after you adapt tot he 'slow in fast out' approach, so it will probably stay relatively understeery for those who thought 2.0 was really understeery.

Load sensitivity now truly makes sense, and engine braking now follows a believable 'curve shape'. These things do help, if anything its more realistic, and sofar adding more realism has worked well.. Almost to the point where I don't believe what I see!
And all that thanks to Excel

Too bad rFactor's replay physics kinda mask all the work and fidelity you put into this a bit.
Awesome work Niels

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG