The online racing simulator
I rather not. I don't want to laugh myself to death yet.
Quote from ChiliFan :If you had no grip, you wouldn't be able to move.

u loose most of the grip,I never said that u lose all of it
Quote from drifter92 :u loose most of the grip,I never said that u lose all of it

huh? you dont lose most of the grip, you simply push past the limits of the grip there. there is some grip loss from pushing the tyre past its limits as you lose some efficiency, but id say this to you, when you lock up the brakes, does it still stop fairly soon? yes, not as quick as you lose some efficiency of working over the boundaries of the grip, but you dont lose "most" of the grip.
Quote from nisskid :huh? you dont lose most of the grip, you simply push past the limits of the grip there. there is some grip loss from pushing the tyre past its limits as you lose some efficiency, but id say this to you, when you lock up the brakes, does it still stop fairly soon? yes, not as quick as you lose some efficiency of working over the boundaries of the grip, but you dont lose "most" of the grip.

i meant to say that u lose traction,then u control to not spin out
Quote from drifter92 :i meant to say that u lose traction,then u control to not spin out

u dont lose all traction, as i said the only traction u lose is the efficiency lost from pushing the tyres past their grip, you still have most of the traction there, its just that the force is too much to keep within the boundaries of the grip.

a lot of people worry about going over the grip levels and how this inefficiency means the rear end doesnt have enough traction to be fast, but in reality in a lot of racing they are not accelerating the whole way through the corner, so most of the force is on the front tyres, and the rear tyres are well below the boundary of grip as there is not much force being applied to them (throttle), so drift might push the force past the grip level, so these is some tyre efficiency loss, but in racing the rear wheels are often well below the force needed to push the grip boundary, so often both are seeing similar grip coming from the rear end.
Quote from nisskid :, i said it was a term used by americans, and since i dont watch america drift, i dont hear it. pretty simple i thought.

Quote from nisskid :it says tsuiso, not twin, twin was just a translation made by the yanks.

Previous comment was just to clarify that when you mentioned "It says tsuiso, not twin" that tsuiso is the english translation of twin and essentially the same meaning, just in different dialects.
actually i think the word struggles to have a definitive translation, from D1gp.com:

Quote :After these top 16 drivers are selected, the Tsuiso (literal translation is "to chase", as in a hot pursuit, and pronounced "tsoo-ee-soh"), or "Best 16", heads-up eliminations start.

http://www.d1gp.com/index.php? ... w&id=14&Itemid=28
Quote from Ikaponthus :Browsing these forums, it seems to be really popular! I can't imagine why it would appeal to sim-racing enthusiasts. Certainly is pretty low on my motoring "to do" list, but I don't know too much about it.

As far as I understand, it's maybe the slowest way to corner and couldn't be too healthy for the car either (let alone burning the tyres)!

I see it on youtube too ... what's with these guys? Why would you want to drive a car slowly and dangerously and rip your tyres to shreds? Okay ... so I suppose it could be fun for a while. But apart from that, are there any practical reasons? Or is it just a glorified burnout?

Serious question, I don't know much about it, I'm not trying to wind anyone up.

pushing yourself to the limits? having fun? control? tandems? much harder than just gripping, style? i dont see what u dont understand but... yea
Quote from aLpine159 :...
much harder than just gripping

Can you in any way prove that statment?

Not bashing drifting here, its just another type of car control, and I can't see why a subjective form of motorsport should be harder (or easyer) than "ordinary" racing when thinking about top level racers/drifters.
Quote from SniperX :Can you in any way prove that statment?

Not bashing drifting here, its just another type of car control, and I can't see why a subjective form of motorsport should be harder (or easyer) than "ordinary" racing when thinking about top level racers/drifters.

dont worry, hes an idiot haha
why ppl always start a topic about drifters ?
what is the problem ?
some ppl choose to drift
some ppl choose to race
some ppl choose to cruise in citydriving
some ppl choose to drag
some ppl choose to race in a rally track

what is the problem ?
lfs is a racing simulation
drift is a racing style if you hate them is it beacause you cant do same as us ?
i can say im a bad racer and i have no problem but i dont hate racer for that

you should respect to choice of each other

thats was all i have to say

thx,lfs-drift staff
Er, although only about a week after, this bump was somewhat unnecessary. The OP did not say anything about hating anyone, just did not understand someone's preference, and somehow this spawned 11 pages of opinions.

Try not to bump something so old next time, it tends to be unpopular to a majority of posters and a number of moderators.

Also, try not to be so defensive, it tends to backfire. Those who attack another motorsport simply because they do not find interest in it are just really acting much too immature, even worse, this is a racing sim.
Ok, i didnt read through this whole thread, just the first page or so.... so here it goes...

You do not RACE in drifting. Drifting is a judged sport on a few key things such as style, entry speed, angle, amount of smoke, etc. When u are drifting, u dont try and drive faster than the other person, u try to drive with more style and etc. than the other person. So for those of u who are saying "anyone who decided to drive a regular fast line and not sliding around everywhere would put them to shame" and whatever are wrong. That person would have no style and all of those other factors and would simply lose, whether he finishes first or not, because thats not what drifting is scored on. Its like comparing speed skating vs. figure skating, and saying that the speed skater would win at both sports just because he's faster.... no.

Quote from srdsprinter :Simple:

Those who can, Race. Those who cannot, Drift.

There is no need for this kind of talk. I'd like to see michael schumacher try doing tandem with anyone in D1 Grand Prix and i guarantee he would put to shame, and visa versa. They are two completely different things.

EDIT: Just to be clear... im not bashing on racing. I do both of them and i love both of them
Quote from Phantez :Ok, i didnt read through this whole thread, just the first page or so....

Bad idea.
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Er, although only about a week after, this bump was somewhat unnecessary. The OP did not say anything about hating anyone, just did not understand someone's preference, and somehow this spawned 11 pages of opinions.

Try not to bump something so old next time, it tends to be unpopular to a majority of posters and a number of moderators.

Also, try not to be so defensive, it tends to backfire. Those who attack another motorsport simply because they do not find interest in it are just really acting much too immature, even worse, this is a racing sim.

i saw a lot and a lot of post about drifters hater and i know you saw too soo yeah someone say he hate drifter around page 2 or 3

Oh no, the attachment must've been divided by zero.

To answer op's question, sometimes I like not to compete and just have fun with friends. In LFS it can help in learning car behaviour, assuming you are playing with something more than a 270 degree arcade wheel.
Attached files
to-r1.mpr - 106.3 KB - 216 views

lol, mm tell that to the many that have switched from professional racing to drift, they may have something to say about that.
YAY! Long live the thread about... erm... something or other.

And can you quess what kind of LFSer bumped this one...
dont you like drift???
Quote from Ikaponthus :Browsing these forums, it seems to be really popular! I can't imagine why it would appeal to sim-racing enthusiasts. Certainly is pretty low on my motoring "to do" list, but I don't know too much about it.

As far as I understand, it's maybe the slowest way to corner and couldn't be too healthy for the car either (let alone burning the tyres)!

I see it on youtube too ... what's with these guys? Why would you want to drive a car slowly and dangerously and rip your tyres to shreds? Okay ... so I suppose it could be fun for a while. But apart from that, are there any practical reasons? Or is it just a glorified burnout?

Serious question, I don't know much about it, I'm not trying to wind anyone up.

YES I KNOW IT IS SLOWER, but it is very stylish and u need more control over the car your driving around the corner other than racing!!!!
Quote from nisskid :
Quote :Those who can, Race. Those who cannot, Drift.

Tell that to the many that have switched from professional racing to drift, they may have something to say about that.

What, that they couldn't race?
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :and u need more control over the car your driving around the corner other than racing!!!!

bollocks. ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.
Generally people just drift for fun from my experiences. I used to do nothing but race myself, but when i got into drifting while i was still a demo racer i really enjoyed it. not because of difficulty, speed, or because i thought it was "Better" than racing, but because i enjoyed going around a corner in that manner. People who drift generally think of drifting this way, unless they're one of the more arrogant drifters who are sure they are drift king, when really they're only the king of making noobs feel unwelcome. Anyway, i suppose my general point is, we're not all arrogant drifters, we're not all the type of people who only drift, we're not all typin lik dis, and to sum up my post we're not all the same person.

Of course im sure i didn't read enough of this thread, so feel free to ignore this.
This thread is closed

What's the fascination with drifting!?
(354 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG