The online racing simulator
old pedals
(8 posts, started )
old pedals
hi ,

just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on using some old pedals that i had for my playstation as a clutch, ive taken some pics below of the insides the pots and the 9 pin female connector for the pedals.

anyone know of a way which i connect these to my pc, ive got a 15 pin midi joystick connection on my pc, do any adapters exist for this or will i have to solder a new connector to them.

any help on this would be great

p.s the pedals are from a mad catz wheel

Attached images
DSC00171.JPG
DSC00172.JPG
DSC00174.JPG
But why not? I think it should work.
#5 - ajp71
Quote from harjun :no, because that is USB to 9Pin, you want 9 Pin to USB, there is quite a difference you know.

What a load of bollocks.
Quote from ajp71 :What a load of bollocks.

no its not, because that USB cable which thaat other poster posted allows something to be put in it, then my post, allows you to plug the USB cable into your PC, why dont you think before you post?
The connection of the pedals to the PC is technically possible. They would be able to communicate. However, Windows has no way of recognizing the pedals, and has no idea of what to do with them. To get them to work you will have to write a driver for them, good luck with that.

Side note: I had the EXACT same wheel a long time ago (MadCatz) but it was for PC and connected to the game port. I did manage to use the pedals as clutch and handbrake, respectively, but i had to have both of my wheels connected to the PC, and both had to be recognized by the Gaming control panel in Windows.

If you want to see the windows drivers for the wheel I had go to MadCatz' site and download the drivers for Puma GT wheel. But obviously there's no way to connect your wheel to the computer directly, so they are pretty much just fyi.
#8 - sam93
Quote from ajp71 :What a load of bollocks.

Well I will have to stick up a bit for harjun here. If you have a female adapter you need a male connector or it could go the other way. He will need a 9pin connector to usb, as he wants to use it on his computer what means he will need a usb.

old pedals
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG