The online racing simulator
Security Software Recommendations
(3 posts, started )
Alright, here's the scoop. I've ALWAYS used Norton (like since as long as I can remember) as my dad always used it - and still does. For the past few months, however, everything's been expired - and now I've got me a bug on one of my computers, so I'm looking at my options.

I LIKE Norton for what I've always used it for. I had the SystemWorks suite, so it was nice to have all the little programs like WinDoctor and other programs that did a lot to fix problems with the computer. Norton SystemWorks is what I'm looking at - though it's expensive. Plus, I've ALWAYS hated how much of a resource hog Norton is.

The other choice I've got is NOD32, which, from what I hear is pretty damned good. However, all it is is an AntiVirus program and nothing else.

So, which is better? Should I get SystemWorks to protect my computers, or use NOD32 coupled with ZoneAlarm as my firewall and Adaware/Spybot for my spyware tools! NEED REPLIES ASAP - MUST INSTALL ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE YESTERDAY! Thanks!
I've never really heard of NOD32 except that it was good for people who do know what they're doing (and I assume you do). I'd chose Adaware too but I don't like the 2007 version since its a bit limited. I'd say go for the NOD32, ZoneAlarm and Adaware.

I'd have AVG antivirus 7.5 as another recomendation because it's free, lighter than Norton, and its not very limited at all (only the advanced settings like schedules and etc. would be limited).

Trend Micro HijackThis is another program I attempted using but I got a little confused. What it does is list the key areas of the system after a scan and you are able to delete any part of it. It's really good if you know exactly what you want to get rid of but it was too hard for me so I went back to AVG.

So far, no problems with my computer. I would like to know if AVG is affecting my computer speed though (maybe it does since it has realtime protection).
#3 - halo
I used Zone Alarm for years but now Comodo Firewall installed. For spyware protection, I use Spyware Terminator (has clamvin anti-vir entegrated) its pretty good for me, and for anti-vir I use AVG free edition (for more than a year).
I heard about Nod32, it is one of the best AFAIK but never tested it.
I used Adaware also but Spyware Terminator is better IMO.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG