The online racing simulator
Just a Thought
(58 posts, started )
'79 here and I can relate to pretty much all of it. One thing's for sure I will try to inject a small but significant amount of sanity back into the human race when I have kids in the next few years. I will do my best to make that apply in the 2010s.
Quote from Jakg :Tristan, i'ma little too busy to make a proper reply atm, but all i can say is that your totally wrong.

nah hes right... even uni exams are easy and you never have to invest more than 2 days if passing is all you care about
I missed the wall by a week...

Personally Tristan and Jakg I think you're both wrong (well you could guess I'd say that ). I do think exams are a pile of piss and the fact that I managed to get a C grade GCSE in French despite the fact that I genuinely wouldn't have a clue where to start ordering a loaf of bread. It was a complete joke because if you're sufficently stupid you can just do coursework rather than a written exam, which is a complete joke because all you have to do is shove it into google translator then your teacher virtually re-writes it for you when they mark your drafts. Then there's the oral where half the marks are for reading a prepared piece out and I did French higher

Once you get to A levels though universities just raise the bar, getting As becomes easier so offers go high until the stage when getting straight As isn't a good enough academic achievement for some (wish that was the case for me) so they just add A*s which completely undermines the system.

Having said that whilst I feel that exams are easier and we do have big social problems in society, world war is a rather Tristan solution to our problems. We've gone from Cold War to some imaginary war on 'terror' (whatever that's meant to mean) and despite the fact large parts of the world have never been in a less stable state politically no body seems to care, probably because large chunks of our population our population are too stupid to notice.

Whilst I think the fact that you can sue the council for falling off your bike (if Mummy lets you ride one in the first place) is a sad reflection on modern life I'd rather stick to reminiscing about bygone times and go racing historic cars with nice cozy 2008 safety
This email is perfect, i was born in 85 tho but most of the stuff i lived thru(in a poor country).Good times i can say
Quote from ajp71 :
Having said that whilst I feel that exams are easier and we do have big social problems in society, world war is a rather Tristan solution to our problems. We've gone from Cold War to some imaginary war on 'terror' (whatever that's meant to mean) and despite the fact large parts of the world have never been in a less stable state politically no body seems to care, probably because large chunks of our population our population are too stupid to notice.

They're not to stupid to notice! Its just that Peter and Jordan and the Beckhams are far more important. Wheres your sense of priority man? The world was truly a sad place when we didn't know about Brad and Angliana's latest sprog/fashion accesory coughing.

Edit: about the school holidays... Most kids round here started thier holiday this week, for 2 weeks.
my last exam results:
53% Overal
6 Fails on Maths, Dutch, French, Economics, History, Geography (all main classes)
A Grade!!! I FREAKING PASSED LOL, isnt hast to pass these days.

Just a Thought
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG