The online racing simulator
Tristancliffe's day out!
(124 posts, started )
Tristancliffe's day out!
I took these pics last sunday at snetterton. Featuring the red Reynard 883 of our very own Tristan cliffe.

He duly went on to win the race, and take fastest lap too! Well done mate!
Attached images
snetterton april 2008 177.JPG
snetterton april 2008 180.JPG
snetterton april 2008 183.JPG
snetterton april 2008 185.JPG
snetterton april 2008 175.JPG
Clearly fake! I don't see the superhero green cloak in the pics.
Well done for winning Mr. Cliffe! Some decent shots there too Theafro.
#4 - Jakg
Damnit Snetterton is (semi-)near here - woulda been nice to see the infamous "Cockman"...

...in action!
#5 - ajp71
You've got two forum members in that photo

Honestly what a drama queen though round the outside of Corum then a quick lock up just to get an impressive picture, just got the cloak missing.
Attached images
attachment.jpg
I have to say that looks like a fun way to spend your weekends, if you know anything at all about making cars work.
i wonder if the karting place bob chose for the net meet would allow us all to drive with capes
Hmm... I have a white helmet like that too but it's a Shoei.
Stig.

Nice pictures and well done Tristan, though it must be quite cramped in their with all those socks in your suit.
Tristan, I think you need to get your helmet painted, to help you pick up those lost tenths every lap.

:hide:
Lol, just checked the testing video's on youtube and wow... So much sand on the track O_O.

Grats and yeah you need to get that helmet painted :P
Quote from ajp71 :You've got two forum members in that photo

Honestly what a drama queen though round the outside of Corum then a quick lock up just to get an impressive picture, just got the cloak missing.

He locked up even more "impressively" the next lap!

Here's some more of the action.
Attached images
snetterton april 2008 188.JPG
ajp.jpg
vette.JPG
crossle.jpg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Tristan, I think you need to get your helmet painted, to help you pick up those lost tenths every lap.

:hide:

No - actually - that's why it's white. If it were any other color, it would absorb more light, which means that over the course of the race, the total weight of his helmet would increase, leading to slower lap times.
Congrats Tristan!
I think we were all hoping that he had faked the whole thing and didn't win, but reading the back pages of Autosport I noticed a little mention in the report on the Monoposto 2000 & Classic 2000 event...

"A flat-out drive from Tristan Cliffe earned the Reynard man the laurels in race two. With Timms falling off at the Bombhole, and Harrison retiring after an excursion at Russell, Cliffe came from the back to pass leader Kevin Mason with three laps to spare."

His head is going to be so big now he is getting mentioned in Autosport...on page 106 for anyone that has a copy, under Snetterton CSCC with the headline Anderson wins twice as rivals flounder. 2nd column paragraph 2. Its often the most interesting part of Autosport, away from all the ego's and complaints about rules and scandal this and that.
Page 106... is it a 107 page publication?...

Anywho, great job Tristy, maybe you should put a glittery sticker on your helmet every win you get!.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Page 106... is it a 107 page publication?...

Anywho, great job Tristy, maybe you should put a glittery sticker on your helmet every win you get!.

Its 110 actually.
Congrats Tristan! I envy you in a good way
Theafro - If you were at Snetteton then why the hell didn't you come and see me in the paddock. Great photos though - that Blue/Yellow Dallara didn't want to be passed! Have you got any more?

Thanks for your congratulations. The ego isn't too big despite the victory, because I know it's pretty darn unlikely to happen again this season if the quick stuff stays on the track.

Helmet painting - I would love to, but it's just too expensive. I'd planned to do it over the winter, but that £300 was better spent elsewhere (without which I might not have won )... If I find some loose change to a big enough value I'll get it painted for you

There is also a mention in this weeks Motorsports News, and I'm in the back of yesterdays EDP (local paper)... The main reason we like the publicity is because it goes towards Andrew's portfolio to get a Media pass, and therefore take even better pictures.
Well done on the win Tristan, wish I'd have come down now
#21 - Nobo
That might be a stupid question. What is that thingy on the right side above your helmet which your car has but the other not? Could be a camera, or...well dont know...
Congratulations for the win.
Quote from Nobo :That might be a stupid question. What is that thingy on the right side above your helmet which your car has but the other not? Could be a camera, or...well dont know...
Congratulations for the win.

Yeah - I'm pretty sure it is.
Bullet camera on home made aluminium extended mount. I think it vibrates too much, so I might need to stiffen it.
#24 - Nobo
Should have checked out your site before that stupid question
#25 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :There is also a mention in this weeks Motorsports News, and I'm in the back of yesterdays EDP (local paper)... The main reason we like the publicity is because it goes towards Andrew's portfolio to get a Media pass, and therefore take even better pictures.

EDP? East Anglian Daily Press, perhaps?

Tristancliffe's day out!
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG