The online racing simulator
What would it take or cost?
(39 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
I made this thread as i am curious to know how much would it cost or what would it take to make a RL road or race car from a team.

Before you either ignore this thread as "just another car request" thread or post here "enough with the suggestions", just keep in mind if it was a suggestion or a request, id place it in the right forum. Though, if this is the wrong forum to have this thread, feel free to move it.

Back OT, I'm really curious to know how much it would cost, or what would the devs need to go though to legally make a real life road car for Live For Speed. Im a huge NSX lover and would pay myself to have it legally in the game, but to the point above, what would need to be done/paid?

Aswell goes with the Race teams. Say the Devs thought, Ok, we want The V8 Supercar Vodafone Racing Ford Falcon car in LFS.

Would it cost much for either a road car or race car?

Plus, the agreements with the BF1, RAC, MRT5.. Are the agreements simply just add it to the game so we can advertise, use, test etc or do either the car company or LFS have to pay?

Maybe people would stop asking for cars once they read some answers in here and understand how it works .

Thanks in advance, sorry in advance if this thread creates problems.

#2 - Jakg
Massively depends - I'd imagine that the devs wouldn't have the cash to buy the car rights outright, rather that they'd have to go for some sort of deal (same with the FBM or BF1).

It also depends on LFS - If Honda see it as free marketing, they it would be cheaper, but if they see it as something with no benefits for them then it wouldn't be cheap at all.

Perhaps you should contact Honda?

FTR - The Dev's never paid for any car in LFS. The RAC was probably a PR Stunt, the MRT was for testing by McGill, the BF1 was for the Intel Racing Tour & the FBM was so that Fortec could use sim-racing to find a racing hopeful.
#3 - SamH
Quote from aoun :Plus, the agreements with the BF1, RAC, MRT5.. Are the agreements simply just add it to the game so we can advertise, use, test etc or do either the car company or LFS have to pay?

Maybe people would stop asking for cars once they read some answers in here and understand how it works .

The way it's worked to-date has been mutual benefit, not exchange of money. The BF1 was permitted in LFS because it enabled the travelling Intel pit-park thing. The FBM is an arrangement with BMW and V1. The MRT similarly with McGill people and also the RAC with Helsinki Poly.

Real brands in LFS are also included by arrangement, not by purchased licencing. That's the essence of the relationships so far.
#4 - aoun
Oh id never contact Honda. I don't want the NSX in LFS.

As much as i would go crazy and act like a cheerleader with it in the game(like this fella here -> :banana, it would be like raising a kid with healthy foods only, then giving him McDonald's for the first time and only giving him McDonald's, with no KFC, Burger King etc. Stupid and pointless!

To me RL ROAD cars would kill LFS. RACE cars would be awesome in my own opinion.

-

I see, so its more agreements and arrangements rather then cash. I'm pretty sure not many car companies would do agreements and arrangements for a small known racing simulator, would need the GT series for their attention.
#5 - SamH
Yes, that's right.. except for similarly unknown car manufacturers that might want to get their product a little bit better known, eg: BMW (a small car manufacturer located in Germany [a little-known country in Europe btw])
#6 - Dru
Quote from aoun :Oh id never contact Honda. I don't want the NSX in LFS.

As much as i would go crazy and act like a cheerleader with it in the game(like this fella here -> :banana, it would be like raising a kid with healthy foods only, then giving him McDonald's for the first time and only giving him McDonald's, with no KFC, Burger King etc. Stupid and pointless!

To me RL ROAD cars would kill LFS. RACE cars would be awesome in my own opinion.

-

I see, so its more agreements and arrangements rather then cash. I'm pretty sure not many car companies would do agreements and arrangements for a small known racing simulator, would need the GT series for their attention.

no KFC!!!!!! are you kidding me - what sort of parent are ya :P
aoun, sorta OT, your avatar looks very phallic when passed by quickly...
You are a sick person.
Quote from aoun :what would need to be done/paid?

I think that first and foremost one would have to find out if the devs care about doing such a thing and proving to them how serious and feasible it actually is.
If you want the NSX or other road cars, get NFS, or one of the console racing games. I'm not sure how EA manages to get so many companies to allow their cars in NFS games, especially in the way that NFS changes the relative peformance of in game cars versus their real world equivalents. For example, in Underground 2, a souped up Toyota Corolla is the fastest road racing car in the game, mostly because all of the other cars, even when souped up, were given poor cornering grip, typically less their real world stock counterparts.

Ferrari is one of the few car makers no longer in NFS, which resulted in the Sun Times page 3 ad for Prostreet being pulled, since it featured a Ferrari (apparently the topless models weren't the issue).
I could contact kia motors through my local dealer. It they might be willing to come to an agree ment. Kia's are also fun cars. Wouldn't a kia picanto be good rivalry for the uf1 and xfg. And the devs could add some more powerful hatch backs to rival the pro cee'd and rio. And the rio is a fun car my dad took his on a track day and thats when we found out that his standard tyres are hankook dot spec sport tyres.
:dnfnoob:
what? It would be real cars. And what about people that like kia's?
Quote from Luke.S :I could contact kia motors through my local dealer.

Kias are wonderfully reliable but they're so boring that I think they should be paying Scavier to feature their cars in the game.

Something like a warm Suzuki Swift would be a neat addition to the game though. They're supposed to be good fun to drive.

Me, I'm not too bothered about real cars in LFS at the moment. Maybe in the future when the sounds and physics are improved, it'd be worthwhile. But a real car in LFS at the moment wouldn't sound right and would be subject to the same physics and differential/drivetrain quirks as the fictional cars. So we may as well stick with fictional cars for now.
Maybe they should ask for the Ariel Atom
Quote from Scrabby :Maybe they should ask for the Ariel Atom

There's an idea i can get behind. However, we already have 2 "kit" cars, so i'm not sure if everyone would be so accepting. I'd say get the new GT-R, but i'd be playing it in Gran Turismo 5 more often i feel. I'll say some type of road-going car would be nice, but who knows.
I noticed last night that Racer had a few updates and so decided to give it a whirl. The first car I'm greeted with................ Lamborghini Murcielago, then I thought how the hell has he managed to get that in the game.

The only reason I can think is because it allows creation of cars and maybe the dev can claim it was out of his control, I dont know.
Quote from Luke.S :I could contact kia motors through my local dealer. It they might be willing to come to an agree ment. Kia's are also fun cars. Wouldn't a kia picanto be good rivalry for the uf1 and xfg. And the devs could add some more powerful hatch backs to rival the pro cee'd and rio. And the rio is a fun car my dad took his on a track day and thats when we found out that his standard tyres are hankook dot spec sport tyres.

Your dad took a Kia Rio on a track day? Who in their right mind would commit such a sin against motorsport?

The think about these 'deals' is that we usually end up with 'weird' cars that in some cases are 'weird' to drive - Like the RAC, which I hate. The problem with the devs buying licenses for real cars is that they would only be able to afford one or two, if any, and people would argue about which car they should have got.

"WH3R35 TEH SKYLINE!!!111"

"THIS ROAD CAR IS SUCK. I WANT SKYLINE. I WANT NOW!!!!!!111"

That sort of thing^
Quote from ebola :I noticed last night that Racer had a few updates and so decided to give it a whirl. The first car I'm greeted with................ Lamborghini Murcielago, then I thought how the hell has he managed to get that in the game.

The only reason I can think is because it allows creation of cars and maybe the dev can claim it was out of his control, I dont know.

I belive it's a little different thing if your product is free of charge, so it's so to speak stand-alone mod.
But I could be wrong as I don't know much about that and I'm just thinking out loud.
Quote from ebola :I noticed last night that Racer had a few updates and so decided to give it a whirl. The first car I'm greeted with................ Lamborghini Murcielago, then I thought how the hell has he managed to get that in the game.

Yes developers have been doing this for years, it is a large part of the business model of both rFactor and Drivers Republic. Many other games have been modded to give content developers couldn't get the rights to but racing sims are particularly dependent on this to get good content and keep them alive.
#21 - aoun
Quote from JeffR :If you want the NSX or other road cars, get NFS, or one of the console racing games. I'm not sure how EA manages to get so many companies to allow their cars in NFS games, especially in the way that NFS changes the relative peformance of in game cars versus their real world equivalents. For example, in Underground 2, a souped up Toyota Corolla is the fastest road racing car in the game, mostly because all of the other cars, even when souped up, were given poor cornering grip, typically less their real world stock counterparts.

Ferrari is one of the few car makers no longer in NFS, which resulted in the Sun Times page 3 ad for Prostreet being pulled, since it featured a Ferrari (apparently the topless models weren't the issue).

Why would i get NFS for the NSX.

1. I want simulation
2. I wasnt asking for the NSX
3. NSX belongs more in a simulation rather then a stupid ricer game, and so does the Skyline, WRX, Lancer etc. Those cars are'nt ricers, the people who rice them up however, are your ricers.
Another MR (NSXesque) car in LFS would be pretty good I think. Would be interesting to see what the devs would make of it styling wise.
#23 - aoun
Yeh, requires a different driving style, like the Ford GT for eg.
#25 - aoun
Eh this thread has gone OT big time about my avatar :P. This can be locked i dont care, my question was answered. Thanks

(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG