The online racing simulator
Dimensions in autocross editor
(7 posts, started )
Hi all,
I'm brand new to LFS, and for that matter, brand new to racesims and/or games. I just started autocrossing last year, and the reason I'm interested in LFS is the autocross editor and autocross track. I would like to use the editor to create models of our club's courses from previous months so I could practice on them.

My AutoX club normally uses facility that is 600' X 300', and I would like to use the editor to mark out an area that size in LFS's virtual autocross facility. I have started the editor, placed cones, etc., but I have no idea of the scale/size of the course I'm producing. It won't be of much help to me unless I can get it inside of a 600' x 300' space. I have attached a satellite photo of the facility and the course map for our last weekend's autocross to give you an idea what I'm talking about.

What are the dimensions of the LFS autocross area? Are there any ways to measure distances in the autocross editor? I know that there are some pairs of yellow lines with wide gaps between them on the LFS facility.....What is the distance between the two lines in a pair? What is the distance between these pairs of lines?

Also, does anybody have a hint when the low speed physics will be improved....I'm primarily interested in using LFS for autox, and I don't plan on doing any multiplayer online racing.
Attached images
Feb06.jpg
Attached files
lctcSMALL.psd - 704.4 KB - 331 views
If you press D you can measure the distance between two points.

I just measured the whole place - the autocross area is 500m long and 240m wide on the wider part, 100m on the narrower part. The layout you want to create is about 180m x 90m, so there should be enough space to create it.
Thank you! I really appreciate your help.
OK, I here's a rough draft of an *.lyt file for the course that is shown above (our Feb. 2006 event course.) How do I select it and practice with it now?

I've looked here on the forum for answers, and this message:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3356
says
Quote from -jester- :Your layouts will be stored in the <LFS_FOLDER>\data\layout folder.
to select a layout from either a dedicated nogfx server or from the connection list screen type:
/axlist = lists layouts available
/autox <nameofyourlayout> = loads <nameofyourlayout> objects for that track

Does this mean that I can only use my LYT file in multiplayer? Do have to upload it to or connect to a server to use it? If not, how do I select it in single player mode?

Thank you,

I'm sorry to be asking such naive questions.
Attached files
AU1_LCTCFeb06.lyt - 1.3 KB - 322 views
To use in single player:
1) Select autocross track
2) Start race
3) Press Shift+U
4) Click on "load layout"
5) Select your layout and restart the race (shift+R)

I just tried to test your layout but you forgot to set a proper starting position. I have added one for you in the attached layout.
Attached files
AU1_LCTCFeb06.lyt - 1.3 KB - 303 views
Quote from AndroidXP :
I just tried to test your layout but you forgot to set a proper starting position. I have added one for you in the attached layout.

Thanks! That's great....it is exactly what I was wanting. I feel like it is a bit harder to drive than the course was IRL, but I'm pleased with the results.
Changing the car's setup has a huge effect on how realistic/good it feels to drive.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG