The online racing simulator
Downloading CTRA replays
Sam and CTRA admin type people... I had some excellent races today and want to review some of the replays. But I don't have auto replay save on in LFS and had to leave pronto for the RSA conference in San Francisco The only way I can get access to the replays would be to raise a report, submit it and then download the replay and drop the report...

Any chance we can have an interface to the replays we can browse?
#2 - SamH
In true Californian...

Oh my gosh, like, I totally didn't know that page existed.

Did it? Or did you just knock that up?

And what on earth are you doing awake at this time of night? It's 10pm PST!
And is the time of the replay the end or start? Looking at LFS world i'm not sure if the the time there is start or end time either so I can try and match up races.
And any chance you can sort the two columns so that the run down onside and then the other? Instead of alternating? Makes hunting down the replay a little easier.

Thanks mucho!
#6 - SamH
hehe.. yes, it already existed and I'd given it out occasionally to people who PM'd asking if there was one. I made some changes to it recently that make it a bit more polished and efficient, so I don't mind it going public now

The timestamp is the end of the race/beginning of the following race. It's taken at the time the replay is saved, which is as a new race is beginning
#7 - SamH
Quote from yeager :And any chance you can sort the two columns so that the run down onside and then the other? Instead of alternating? Makes hunting down the replay a little easier.

Thanks mucho!

That's actually not so easy to do. I'll have a think about reliable ways to do it.

You can narrow a search by giving the date, year and hour. For example "3 apr 2008 15" gives all races that finished in the hour from 3pm to 4pm on the given date.
Quote from SamH :The timestamp is the end of the race/beginning of the following race. It's taken at the time the replay is saved, which is as a new race is beginning

And the time in LFS World is the start time for the race? I'm a bit confused... The following are the replays on AS Club available from the search tool you gave.

1.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2151.mpr 07/04/08 09:51 PM
2.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2138.mpr 07/04/08 09:38 PM
3.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2126.mpr 07/04/08 09:26 PM
4.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2113.mpr 07/04/08 09:13 PM
5.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2101.mpr 07/04/08 09:01 PM
6.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2048.mpr 07/04/08 08:48 PM
7.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2036.mpr 07/04/08 08:36 PM
8.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2023.mpr 07/04/08 08:23 PM
9.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_2010.mpr 07/04/08 08:10 PM
10.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_1958.mpr 07/04/08 07:58 PM
11.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_1945.mpr 07/04/08 07:45 PM
12.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_1933.mpr 07/04/08 07:33 PM
13.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_1525.mpr 07/04/08 03:25 PM
14.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_1514.mpr 07/04/08 03:14 PM
15.Single2_AS2_07_Apr_2008_1500.mpr 07/04/08 03:00 PM

Yet the listings in LFS world for my races that day on AS Club are;
11:56:00 AM
12:08:00 PM
12:21:00 PM
12:33:00 PM
12:46:00 PM

Any idea what the different time zones are? Also a key to identify what each code for the tracks is would be, i'm crap at remembering what the names are for AS2 and FE3R .

Oh and umm can you put the moon on a stick?
Quote from SamH :That's actually not so easy to do. I'll have a think about reliable ways to do it.

Store the data in an array before writing back to the page? Feel free to PM me the code if you want some ideas, i'm a developer...
Quote from SamH :You can narrow a search by giving the date, year and hour. For example "3 apr 2008 15" gives all races that finished in the hour from 3pm to 4pm on the given date.

That text would be really useful next to the filter button Sorry, i've spent a lot of time designing interfaces.
#10 - SamH
The replays are primarily for use in reports. The filenames that are used are X-System-designated filenames and simply refer to the time that the race was restarted (or ended) following a race. They don't have anything to do with the LFSW race times. The timestamp is local to the X-System, so should now be BST (GMT+1).

Any application outside of that is by-the-by, so you'll have to bend to the X-System's needs
#11 - SamH
Quote from yeager :Store the data in an array before writing back to the page? Feel free to PM me the code if you want some ideas, i'm a developer...

That text would be really useful next to the filter button Sorry, i've spent a lot of time designing interfaces.

The problem isn't achieving it, I don't need help with the code (though of course I always appreciate offers of help) and I have a lot of experience developing interfaces too. This page is just not a part of MyCTRA, nor intended for incorporation. You asked for a way to access the replays other than to raise and delete reports, and this is it. No warranties.
Sorry Sam, was on a roll today trying to find a great race I had. Thanks i'll download em all and figure it out
#13 - SamH
No sweat Timestamps on the CTRA right now are in the 0800 region. I expect you're -7hrs?.. so if you know what time your races were, you should be able to calculate back to X-System time fairly easily
Bookmarking this, it may well be very useful to have! Nice one, Sam

Lesson for the day - correct at time of writing, Race 1 has recorded 2366 races since the 20th of July 2007... So it seems this filter has access to, er, all races? Naiiiiice.

And no, I'm not going to make it output all that very often

Sam
Old replays are culled after some period of time if no report or lap record was registered, so Race 1 would have had way more races than that.
#16 - SamH
Yep, as Becky says, they do get culled. Unused replays are moved away and ultimately deleted (HD space issues). Unused = no lap record and no report associated with them.

According to the Stats page, there have been over 100,000 races on the X-System so far! 2,366? Pah! Chicken feed

[edit] The total number of races is where the number of racers racing was 4 or more, btw.. and only counting fully-completed races
I just checked the stats page and found that that figure was way out I would've done it before, but the pages kept timing out - was that just me, or a server blip, or what? Just out of interest

Oh, also out of interest, what's the cutoff date for replays that aren't associated with anything?

Sam
#18 - SamH
Quote from Dark Elite :I just checked the stats page and found that that figure was way out I would've done it before, but the pages kept timing out - was that just me, or a server blip, or what? Just out of interest

Oh, also out of interest, what's the cutoff date for replays that aren't associated with anything?

Sam

The Stats page shouldn't time out, unless your connection is pantazoid!

Replay culling, at the moment, happens once or twice every month and clears everything unused that's 2 weeks old or older, so potentially there's up to a month of full replay coverage. The cull normally equates to about 12GB of replays. They're moved out to a holding folder and are deleted at the beginning of the next cull.

We'd really prefer to keep every replay of every race on permanent record, but it turns out that we don't have the HD space, and in fact the filesystem begins to barf when we get too many replays in a single directory.
It wasn't just the Stats page, the whole of RA.com stopped loading for me for a few minutes. It's all good now, though, no idea what it was but my connection must've disliked your massive list of replay files, and thought it'd ignore the whole domain for a bit

Hmm, with that amount of disk space being used, I can't blame you for not keeping all of them! Interesting that the filesystem messes itself up even when you have got the disk space, though, is that the web-based system or the actual folder on the hard disk? If it's fine on the hard disk then you could just buy yourself a 500GB drive and that'd set you up for ooh, I dunno, two or three weeks

Sam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG