The online racing simulator
just paid up
Wheee, that was fast

Now go online and get addicted to this wonderful game even more!
Quote from tinvek :think ill have to

son aged 6 been trying lfs out, likes crashing (offline) but he really likes minis so i guess s2 is a neccesity

not that theres a mini on it and any ressemblence is purely coincidental

HA!!!!!!!!! Got ya beat!!!!! My daughter is 5 and she just got off the other computer from "driving" LFS to play school with the 2 yr old. The 5 yr old has been "driving/racing" LFS GTi since she was 3 and a half or 4 .
I do boh drifting and racing, im not exceptionally good at either but i enjoy both depending on what mood im in. I understand the hostility if your drifting in a racing server, but i really dont understand why people say its the work of the devil.

I rarely see drifters saying that racers are the scum of the tracks, so i dont understand why racers cant extend drifters the same courtesy.
I have never gone on a racing server. So i havent ever been looked down on unless i spin out on a corner.
When i first came here asking whether i should buy S2, someone told me to stop Drifting. I am begging to get discouraged about buying it if all im going to get is cussed by grippers.

But then i think.. Wait a minute, its just a game, who gives a shit what they say?
Im buying S2, and if anyone looks down upon me, ill ignore them, not much of a big deal seeing as it isnt real life.
#31 - SamH
Quote from Klutch :Wait a minute, its just a game

Quote from Klutch :not much of a big deal seeing as it isnt real life.

Would like to agree with you Clownpaint but I can't

I'm a grip racer and that's all I ever disire to be but i think your comparing a high level of grip racing with a low level of drifting If you see some of the truely professional drifter's I don't think you could make that comment
Quote from Clownpaint :Yeah, I was thinking that when I wrote it, I don't really know enough about drifting to judge it. I do find it reasonably easy to do a generic drift and slide around a corner, but I'm not consistent with it, I put that down to lack of practice. I don't know what the pro's do, maybe a few spins then drift or something.

In essence what a good pro drifter does, is go around an entire track, never moving in a straight line, you could say keeping the one drift going the whole way around the track. Now no-one can ever say that that doesn't take skill surely?
(flame ON!)

Lots of acts require great effort and acquired skill.

That alone, for me, is not reason to think that the act in question is of any significance.

Peeling an apple with a knife while having apple, knife and hands in your backpocket is a very challenging endeavour. Also sticking your ironing board onto weird places and doing your ironing "up there" illepall. Very challenging and widely accepted as serious... but, truth be told, silly.

Drifting is, also, somewhat silly. People who like to view it as something more "serious" are immature, in my not-so-humble opinion. I don't care if you do 720 degree spins, on two wheels, going backwards and drifting your way into a corner.

You just found another different way to take a corner.
whooptie-fscking-doo. Grace, my bottom.

Simplicity has, historicaly, always been a hallmark of advanced civilisation (i am not speaking technologicaly-wise.)

I do not know what people try to hide behind complexity, sometimes...
so you cant drift then george, na me either.
:jedi:
okay one more thing. i have made it a personal goal to not say "grip", because that is IMO a dumb thing to say. if you're a racer, then you race for speed. if you're drifter, then you drift. let it be known that i shall never say the word" gripper" again.... or else...
Quote from Clownpaint :I'm not a fan of the term gripping either, or drafting, that was always called a slipstream for me until I got on here and the Americans brought their own words into it. :P

In real life it's still racing and slipstreaming for me but on here it's gripping and drafting. :P

Another thing, why do you Americans call the straight the straightaway?

well drafting and slipstream are really one and the same... but "grip"? thats dumb... everyone "grips"... even drifters... "grip" is just stupid. "grip racers" is even worse. racers and drifters. thats it.

anyways, i have a new pet project... look around, i'm gonna post it up like... now.
Well its up to how the Drifter acts if he acts like a fool sure vote to kick/ban

But if u see someone in a faster car and ur drifting and hes pushing the car trying to see if he/she can get top speed on the car then stop the drift pull over wait a bit till everyone is infront of u then start drifting don't be a fool and block him cause he will get pissed and start mouthing off at u..... Just drift if somone is coming up not drifting let em past saves u getting yelled at and banned
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from richy :so you cant drift then george, na me either.

In fact, i can. Quite possibly better than you.

I would not comment on drifting if i hadn't tried and gotten to grips (pun intended) with it first.

If i couldn't do it, i wouldn't comment on it.

Ritchy, you suck man... i feel ashamed for your self.
Quote from richy :so you cant drift then george, na me either.

With this comment, I think that you are finally getting into the spirit of the forum side of LFS . Made me chuckle a bit.

@Clownpaint, I don't like "grippers" either, but you won't stop me from saying draft or drafting :haha: . So, what would you call "bumpdrafting"? Bumpslipstreaming? Or just plain hitting?

You think straitaway is bad, why the heck do we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway? Even me as an american can't figure out us americans, LOL. At least we park our cars in a "parking lot" rather than what I would think was a place to have fun in a "car park" (which a "park" over here would have swingsets, sliding boards, and monkeybars for the kids to play on).
cool i got the response i fished for.
Quote from mrodgers :With this comment, I think that you are finally getting into the spirit of the forum side of LFS . Made me chuckle a bit.

@Clownpaint, I don't like "grippers" either, but you won't stop me from saying draft or drafting :haha: . So, what would you call "bumpdrafting"? Bumpslipstreaming? Or just plain hitting?

You think straitaway is bad, why the heck do we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway? Even me as an american can't figure out us americans, LOL. At least we park our cars in a "parking lot" rather than what I would think was a place to have fun in a "car park" (which a "park" over here would have swingsets, sliding boards, and monkeybars for the kids to play on).

jello or jelly, hood or bonnet? bumper or fender, highway or motorway, gas or petrol, potayto or potarto?
um.. so yeah. selfless plug. go check out [rtdc] thread

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG