The online racing simulator
LFS = 3 person devellopement but ? [game/sim comparisons]
Hello

SO i'm ask a question ,

LFS is a so real game , you can say that lfs better is then GT4 however

LFS is developped by 3 personnes , and GT4 by 150-200

Amazing no ? I know the technology is not same , LFS use picture technology and GT4 not but if 20-30 personne developped LFS we got the best online real car simulator ,

ty
What's your point exactly?
#4 - wien
What is the question?

With more people, with as ambitious people like Scawen, obviously things would develop faster. Imho time is the biggest issue with LFS but there's nothing you can do about it.
#7 - Jakg
GT could quite easily be better than LFS if that was the idea when they made the game.

Instead they chose to be a Semi-Sim cash-cow.
#8 - ZORER
Quote from RAM0011 :Hello

SO i'm ask a question ,

LFS is a so real game , you can say that lfs better is then GT4 however

LFS is developped by 3 personnes , and GT4 by 150-200

Amazing no ? I know the technology is not same , LFS use picture technology and GT4 not but if 20-30 personne developped LFS we got the best online real car simulator ,

ty

LFS has realtime visible tyre deformations and calculations and things everything is calculated realtime.. But GT4 has many pre-calculated things like vibrations and things.(and no tyre simulations) So that makes GT4 a game, not simulator.(imho)
GT4 is NOT a racing simulator...It's an ARCADE, where it's EASY to play (I sayd play, not drive or racing...).
LFS is a true racing simulator, where i can really RACE!!!
3 Devs are enough for LFS...It's their "creature"...Let THEM built it up...
The good thing bout 3 ppl developing, is that it is more easy to agree bout anything in the game. So its more easy for ALL developers. only 1 bad thing is there: not the fastest developing time (but i think tahts a good thing, just look at ea.)
I have a question , LFS is a personal company ? how many money/month ( personnal)
Enough for the devs to continue. Not enough for them to jet off to the Bahamas any time soon. A good balance in my view.
Quote from tristancliffe :Enough for the devs to continue. Not enough for them to jet off to the Bahamas any time soon. A good balance in my view.

Good point. Scawen is in a good position, He loves programming, And gets to stay at home with his kids too. Theres a lot of people that would love to be able to do that. I think thats one of the main reasons he done LFS aswell.
I think the 3 person development is a good point if you just look at it.

3 people = less cash needed.
150 people = 50 times more needed.

you need to make a game which is wider to make enough cash for 150 people.

while with 3 people you can make your dreamsim.
lol antother weird belgian made this thread..jeez i feel im the only smart one out here
(ftr didn't Niels (of the C6) said GT4 had the most advanced tyremodel there is out then?)
Quote from Scrabby :lol antother weird belgian made this thread..jeez i feel im the only smart one out here

I'm still here
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I think the 3 person development is a good point if you just look at it.

i doubt money is really an issue when your making a sim, take GT5 for example, thats a worldwide immense sim, they will get all their money back times 100000 lol
I think he's trying to say that when you consider the amount of people used for LFS and for GT5, LFS is a much better sim.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I think the 3 person development is a good point if you just look at it.

Easy to pretend that 3 people team is perfect and most ideal choice if you compare it to EA-like team with hundreds of people... and especially always using EA as an example. :doh: Pointless discussion because the situation won't change, if it was about to it would have been already but no one can deny that couple of more devs concentrating on some special area wouldn't be good for the game. It would result either faster development pace or more features/content. Good example: DaveWS and his sound edits. And that was just user created content accepted as official content, think what a real "sound guy" in the list of developers could do.
I agree with Deggis in here, there's a lot of talented guy's out there with freetime and enough love for racing. Maybe getting some bucks by doing content for the lfs devs would be nice.
Quote from Scrabby :
(ftr didn't Niels (of the C6) said GT4 had the most advanced tyremodel there is out then?)

Say what?
Try that again after you get S2. bye.

/thread
Quote from -DrftMstr- :Try that again after you get S2. bye.

/thread

There are no demo racers here lolol.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG