The online racing simulator
SS1 getting faster and much much better
Anyone else seeing a trend on SS1, and SS2? The past few days nearly every race i've had has seen at least the top 70% finish on the same lap and lots of closely bunched races. I've had some awesome battles where there has been a good fair share of contact and it's all been taken in everyone's stride, no fuss, no bitching. Love it! There has only been a few instances of people getting irate and nasty...
#2 - Dru
Quote from yeager :Anyone else seeing a trend on SS1, and SS2? The past few days nearly every race i've had has seen at least the top 70% finish on the same lap and lots of closely bunched races. I've had some awesome battles where there has been a good fair share of contact and it's all been taken in everyone's stride, no fuss, no bitching. Love it! There has only been a few instances of people getting irate and nasty...

This has always been the case Yeager... i think that we all know this and you just had a bad experience in a few races the other days....

close clean racing like this is the norm on SS1 and SS2... not just 'the past few days'
Quote from Dru :close clean racing like this is the norm on SS1 and SS2... not just 'the past few days'

Actually I disagree, last year SS1 was nowhere near as competitive as it seems now. There were much more T1 pile ups and a big gap between those that were fast and those that were not. Maybe i'm just becoming a quicker more consistent driver which means i'm no longer suffering from back of the pack hussle. Yet I often start races from the back without hot lapping the previous race because it's fun to have the challenge of working from the back, and even then I find people braking carefully for the first lap...

Also I think i've been racing LFS for too long... CTRA has, for me, raised the bar so much higher than any of the other public servers I used to race in. I wish I had the time for league racing, but my job and family commitments just wouldn't allow it. I'm hoping to find time when the new X2 system is deployed, whatever functionality that will bring...
#4 - Dru
your original posts refers to the last few days being much better - compared to the time when you had your little 'rant' about driving standards....

the driving standards have not suddenly 'come on' over the past few days...since your post......they have been strong for a great deal of time.
Quote from Dru :the driving standards have not suddenly 'come on' over the past few days...since your post......they have been strong for a great deal of time.

Ok, sorry i'm not consistent at all at the moment with my communication.

I had some races today that were stunning and I reflected upon my experiences in CTRA months ago and felt that the SS racing had really gotten much better. I'm also picking up some new tricks, such as when following another car into a corner from a fast straight, how to stay close without hitting them, changing line or loosing time. With learning this i've also noticed other drivers are responding far better...

Actually the one thing I noticed today was on lap 2 of a race, someone spun from the front of the pack, 10-15 cars then were at race speed and destined to pile into the spinning car. Everyone was able to get past without incident, something that would definitely be uncommon on SS1 (with the great unwashed joining) a few months back.
#6 - SamH
I'm very familiar with what you're describing, yeager

There are probably just as many T1 flops as there ever were. Perhaps there are a few less.. CTRA does filter out some right malicious idiots. The major difference now is that you're no longer involved in the T1s. What's happening is that, as you're gaining more experience, you're placing your car in a better place on the track. You're also seeing and anticipating other peoples' mistakes, and avoiding them in time to avert an accident. Whereas once upon a time, someone else goofing would have inevitably led to you suffering - often in T1 - it isn't the case any more.

The barf incident the other day is probably as much to do with how your expectations of others has increased as you yourself have settled in to LFS, learned the intricacies of car control, and seen the errors others make more plainly. I suspect the whole matter can actually be viewed entirely in a positive light.

(apart from the arguing in the servers.. that's still not okay )
#7 - Nobo
I always had good and close racing with moose, dru, the whole cr gang, haelje and the spdo guys and many others in the beginning days.
Unfortunately one driver can spoil the fun for everyone. But you learn to avoid those drivers :P
#8 - HVS5b
Quote from SamH :
There are probably just as many T1 flops as there ever were. Perhaps there are a few less.. CTRA does filter out some right malicious idiots. The major difference now is that you're no longer involved in the T1s. What's happening is that, as you're gaining more experience, you're placing your car in a better place on the track. You're also seeing and anticipating other peoples' mistakes, and avoiding them in time to avert an accident. Whereas once upon a time, someone else goofing would have inevitably led to you suffering - often in T1 - it isn't the case any more.

Wise words sensei

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG