The online racing simulator
Smokes from engine
(24 posts, started )
Smokes from engine
Isn't there suppose to be some black smokes from engine when clutch is overheated?
Isn't the engine supposed to not work when you smash into a wall with 200 km/h?

Seriously, what kind of question is that?
i am just suggesting to add some smokes when clutch is overheated , i'm not talking about engine damage only about some black smokes from overheated clutch
#4 - garph
I've been in a car when the clutch died, it did not smoke, it made a bad smell.
Oh sorry, my bad. Didn't notice this was an improvement suggestion. I seriously need to write a GM plugin to block this subforum.
Quote from garph :I've been in a car when the clutch died, it did not smoke, it made a bad smell.

maybe it died not realy hard ?
Same here. I've killed a clutch, but never seen it smoke.
i just thought that if it overheats, it smokes but... ok sry then for creating this thread need to close it
Roasted clutch just makes a smell.
ive been in it too, it smells awful. somehow it felt wery warm in the driver seat and smelt a lot. But in some games it takes smoke from engine when you are overheating it. I dont know how to say it in english but it could smoke when the engine ''keittää''. ive seen that and it gives smoke
Maybe some friendly finn could say it in english?
Nope, I've never seen smoke...but I did smell it It smells odd, but its still better than the smell of tyre smoke
When are smells going to be implemeted in LFS?
+1 for smells.
new idea. to be more realistic, how about making the cpu have the same temperature as the clutch? we could implement the smell that way
Heh, I'd like to see drifters posting about burning their clutches then
I have already suggested smells (Remember odor'o'matic?)!
lol that video.. what an idi*t! i never saw smoke from my clutch when i broke it!

little off topic.. i'm in for more realistic engine damage when you abuse the engine. so you need to drive much more clean to win a race or finish
Quote from March Hare :When are smells going to be implemeted in LFS?

Well, nobody is stopping you to code an application that connects through insim and sends clutch and engine status, and to create somekind of a smell dispenser that is basically bunch of small bottles containing smelly liquids, some electronics and that connects to LFS through that app, and every time someting happens, i.e. you break a clutch, it activates the correct mixture for that particular smell etc.

Quote from henrico-20- :lol that video.. what an idi*t! i never saw smoke from my clutch when i broke it!

Kind of self-owned there. You have to be a moron to break a clutch in the first place...
Quote from Thunderhead :Well, nobody is stopping you to code an application that connects through insim and sends clutch and engine status, and to create somekind of a smell dispenser that is basically bunch of small bottles containing smelly liquids, some electronics and that connects to LFS through that app, and every time someting happens, i.e. you break a clutch, it activates the correct mixture for that particular smell etc.

nice idea
The only time you usually see smoke coming from the engine is from catastrophic engine failure. And that usually results in flames. A broken radiator would create lots of steam though. My friend's car had a corroded coolant hose on the radiator, and the hose burst while he was driving and created really thick steam. But that wasn't technically from the engine itself.

Quote from himself :This one is classic. Clutch smoke ftw!

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v= ... b1G_A&feature=related

According to that video, that car has $4500 of modifications and drag radial tires. That person is an idiot for thinking that their stock clutch can handle that much power coupled with sticky tires.
I would like to see exhaust fumes from exhaust pipes. I admit, it is only "eye-candy", but still a nice one. However, it would look really great on winter conditions only, and because we don't have those, I question the need for this feature.

Of course, pitch black smoke when someone gets engine damage...

Smokes from engine
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG