The online racing simulator
Custom RC Buggy
(54 posts, started )
Custom RC Buggy
Hi lads.
This is to the people from the U.K...i was just interested to see where you get your Remote control parts from...I actually have a shop near me, called Hurricane Models, but are there any online shops?...i was thinking of making a custom buggy with my cousin...i know i can get all of the stuff from the shop...apart from a few things.

It will have 2 4 Stroke RC Aeroplane engines in....both with Superchargers on them, cusom air filters, and Nitrous injection....those goodies will be from http://www.rbinnovations.com/
I'm sure the superchargers will work with the 4 stroke engines...because they wont on 2 stroke, as the ports are all open, so the air will go in, and come straight out again, lol!
It will on the 4 stroke though

I guess it will be 4 Wheel drive aswell...
I was just wondering...because the plane engines are made to run consistently at high RPMs, will they have enough power to get it going from the start...Maybe the superchargers could help with that?

I currently have the XTM XT2 http://www.rcuniverse.com/maga ... isplay.cfm?article_id=754
This actually has a really good engine in, its a 24.7 engine.
From what i gathered about my rc engines they can rev anything up to 50000 rpm i dont have any idea on the airplane engines though.
As for the superchargers i have seen them on the large scale fg cars which run on 2 stroke mix so not sure on them working with nitro ic engines. I have also seen forced induction home made with a pc fan some piping and battery pack which when turned on forced air into the carb of nitro engines, i would assume they take alot of tuning to setup and to be honest i wouldnt have thought it would be worth it as nitro engines get stupid hot and the fuel tanks only last for 15mins. I might be wrong with what i have said above so dont take my word for it.

On the shop front i would sugest using http://www.benracing.co.uk/ best place i have found for a proper shop but ebay has loads of bits and bobs and if you want to w8 a little on shipping try ebay.com.

Hope that helps a little
forget about those 4 strokes all good rc engines are 2 strokes
Quote from Shotglass :forget about those 4 strokes all good rc engines are 2 strokes

i dont think you are seing the point...a 4 stroke with a supercharger on it will be as good as a 2 stroke...superchargers don't work on 2 strokes...i was also thinking on scrapping the idea of the plane engine lol...i dunno aout that.
I might just whack 2 whopping great Force engines in their...2 stroke.
Quote from harjun :i dont think you are seing the point...a 4 stroke with a supercharger on it will be as good as a 2 stroke...superchargers don't work on 2 strokes...i was also thinking on scrapping the idea of the plane engine lol...i dunno aout that.
I might just whack 2 whopping great Force engines in their...2 stroke.

lol that website you have posted above has supercharger kits for 2 strokes like so http://www.rbinnovations.com/c ... 07c28ae7797988fd9348bf18f which is same engine i have in one of my rc cars.

Come to think of it most of them superchargers on there are built on 2 strokes lol
Quote from Billeh :lol that website you have posted above has supercharger kits for 2 strokes like so http://www.rbinnovations.com/c ... 07c28ae7797988fd9348bf18f which is same engine i have in one of my rc cars.

Come to think of it most of them superchargers on there are built on 2 strokes lol

it will never work on 2 strokes...because the ports are open all the time...trust me, search it on google.
http://www.rc-trucks.org/S25-Nitro-Engine.jpg

Quote : The picture above shows what typical nitro rc engines found in rc trucks might look like. This particular engine is found in the popular Savage 25 monster trucks. A typical nitro engine found in rc trucks operates on the 2 cycle (aka 2 stroke ) engine operating principle. Unlike most normal 2 cycle engines (such as are found in chain saws, weed eaters, etc...), rc nitro engines do not have a spark plug. Instead, a glow plug does the work of igniting the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. In this respect, nitro engines are similar to a diesel engine. In both a nitro and diesel engine, a glow plug is energized during starting which causes the element to heat up and glow (hence the name "glow" plugs). This hot, glowing plug ignites the air/fuel mixture. Once the engine is started, the power source to the glow plug is turned off and the element continues to glow from the heat of combustion. So, the glow plug is energized only during initial start up, and after the nitro rc engine starts to run the combustion process is self sustaining and the engine will usually continue to run until the nitro fuel runs out in the tank.

http://www.rbinnovations.com/c ... 603893fa461a203afca63cde8
And sorry to say harjun but here is that engine with a supercharger kit fitted to it
Quote from harjun :i dont think you are seing the point...a 4 stroke with a supercharger on it will be as good as a 2 stroke...

it wont
theres a reason all tiny professional level engines in any form of motorsport are 2 strokes
you just wont get as much power out of a 4 stroke at that size

Quote from Billeh :http://www.rbinnovations.com/c ... 603893fa461a203afca63cde8
And sorry to say harjun but here is that engine with a supercharger kit fitted to it

good reason not to buy anything from these guys... hes right forced induction doesnt work on 2 strokes
actualy...mind you, they have a supercharger for my XT2 XTM 2 stroke...and its guaranteed of a 15%+ increase...i dunno what these people are on about in the forums...oh well...i might go for that, its only £90...but then spending £90 on a good Brandnew engine could be better?
Quote from Shotglass :it wont
theres a reason all tiny professional level engines in any form of motorsport are 2 strokes
you just wont get as much power out of a 4 stroke at that size

Dude, remember who you're talking to. He's already decided for himself, he only posts here to show off his latest toy. Like the go kart and the PC and the laptop and the digital camera and whatever else daddy bought for him this week.

You can post all the facts in the world, it won't make a lick of difference.
Quote from harjun :trust me, search it on google.

Isn't it ironic, don't you think? :singer:
Quote from Dajmin :You can post all the facts in the world, it won't make a lick of difference.

i figured things might be different this time... he already figured out that foirced induction wont help on a 2 stroke even before he opened this thread
Quote from Dajmin :Dude, remember who you're talking to. He's already decided for himself, he only posts here to show off his latest toy. Like the go kart and the PC and the laptop and the digital camera and whatever else daddy bought for him this week.

You can post all the facts in the world, it won't make a lick of difference.

Quote from hrtburnout :Isn't it ironic, don't you think? :singer:

Really necessary for you to post?

As for the 2 stroke, i wonder how they do it though, cause the exhaust port and the intake ports both stay open, so it goes through it...unles they give some custom manifold or something lol, but the only cusom thing they give is a flywheel...lol
COOL!

I phoned them up, and there was a really helpful guy, saying how it works through the ports through the exhaust. He said he has one personally, and it works very well...so i think i am going to buy 2 .32 engines from Koyosho...and put 2 superchargers, but can someone help me..
How does 2 engines help more than 1 engine, obviously there will be more overall bhp, and torque (?)...
So if you put higher gear ratios it will be able to go at higher speeds?
If i'm right, just say...or correct me if i'm wrong, i will just try the supercharger myself, its £90...i don't believe it, for a little turbine, a screw, a bearing, and an aluminium cover?
I guess the custom flywheel costs a lot
Quote from harjun :cause the exhaust port and the intake ports both stay open, so it goes through it

its worse
the transfer channel closes before the exhaust does

friend of mine tried it once just for a laugh with compressed air and guess what? it didnt work at all
Quote from Shotglass :its worse
the transfer channel closes before the exhaust does

just posted a few seconds before, read my post
I talked to a few of their representatives, if it doesn't work, i will sue them, as they guarantee a 20%+ increase.
read my edit it just doesnt work... it cant possibly work
I'd guess that the supercharger won't add much boost, the air going into the carb isn't probably much more dense that it already is without it. It will work, or at least run with a charger kit but you get a lot more power by buying a better engine. Put a .32 or bigger engine instead of buying charger kits. Putting two engines will probably require lot of building of which I'm almost sure you are uncapable of, harjun. And more power will just break more things .

Imho, any of these qould be better option: http://www.jespares.com/radio- ... ines/.30-.32-engines.html

I'd probably go with STS or Axial but don't take my word for it
Quote from Hyperactive :I'd guess that the supercharger won't add much boost, the air going into the carb isn't probably much more dense that it already is without it. It will work, or at least run with a charger kit but you get a lot more power by buying a better engine. Put a .32 or bigger engine instead of buying charger kits. Putting two engines will probably require lot of building of which I'm almost sure you are uncapable of, harjun. And more power will just break more things .

Imho, any of these qould be better option: http://www.jespares.com/radio- ... ines/.30-.32-engines.html

I'd probably go with STS or Axial but don't take my word for it

See this guys
http://www.rbinnovations.com/c ... 60e56f2e677e2caeafdddb14f

hmm...i guess, but why would they put years of research into something which doesn't work? Btw, i've been told always to go with force, they are best engines
So you reckon a new engine is better than some £100 supercharger?
Quote from Shotglass :i figured things might be different this time...

My boss told me once......

If you pick up a brick and you lick it, everything will be fine.

But if you pick up that brick, lick it, and people see you lick that brick, it doesn't matter if you never lick another brick the rest of your life, you will always be a brick licker.
Quote from mrodgers :My boss told me once......

If you pick up a brick and you lick it, everything will be fine.

But if you pick up that brick, lick it, and people see you lick that brick, it doesn't matter if you never lick another brick the rest of your life, you will always be a brick licker.

what has rc buggys got to do with licking bricks...? wierdo.

so i might go for that force engine instead, and when those superchargers get popular, and people see they work...then i might put one for my (hopefully future) force engine....so whats the advantage of the .32 engine over my current .247 one? more power/revs/bhp???
And hopefully everything will slot in nicely, and if not only require a few mods, right?
Quote from harjun :See this guys
http://www.rbinnovations.com/c ... 60e56f2e677e2caeafdddb14f

they didnt even draw those images themself and they completely fail to explain how the higher pressure is supposed to stay inside the cylinder

Quote :So you reckon a new engine is better than some £100 supercharger?

absolutely... that sort of money will buy you a nice new basic engine... depends on what you currently have installed in the buggy though
Am I right in thinking the only reason 4 strokes are really used in R/C planes is for the sound?
you are (were?)
a club in my vincinity had to ban 2 strokes on planes because of complaints... helis were still allowed to fly with them though because they rarely fly as high and more importantly 4 strokes just couldnt deliver enough power (at the time which was years ago)

Custom RC Buggy
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG