The online racing simulator
False Start Penalty Bug
(10 posts, started )
False Start Penalty Bug
I did an extensive search as I am trying to figure out if this is a bug or a feature. I know its there to spectate people who false start so they don't take out 3/4 of the grid in front of them. However if you send a "p_clear USERNAME" (where username a valid user name of the false starter) then it will NOT clear the penalty and will still spectate the driver. I am trying to be more forgiving in my Head-to-Head Racing Series by giving the driver a 10 sec penalty if they false started. Is there a reason this can't be disabled by clearing the penalty immediately after? (I am using an application to send the command as soon as it receives the ISP_PEN packet with false start, and that packet is sent perfectly fine and before the user actually is forced to spec). I really hope there can be some sort of option for this in the future...
I don't think auto-spec and penalty have anything to do with each other. A false start will simply incite a penalty, which you can probably clear with the insim program just fine, but the false start auto-spec is a completely separate check to prevent others getting rammed and receiving penalties too. Clearing the penalty does not disable the check, and tbh from a programmer's view there is no reason why it should.
Quote from AndroidXP :I don't think auto-spec and penalty have anything to do with each other. A false start will simply incite a penalty, which you can probably clear with the insim program just fine, but the false start auto-spec is a completely separate check to prevent others getting rammed and receiving penalties too. Clearing the penalty does not disable the check, and tbh from a programmer's view there is no reason why it should.

Problem is you CAN'T clear the penalty with an InSim application OR by typing it as an admin.

From a programmers side in my H2H events there is perfect reason to. There are only 2 cars on the track at a given time, and they won't hit each other if they were to false start. Watching a player do a lone lap by themselves is very boring so I would much rather give the penalty. IMO this should be a server option at the least, or able to be cleared with the "p_clear" command which is supposed to clear penalties...
Ah okay, the point still stands though that false start penalty and auto-spec have nothing to do with each other. A server option would probably be still be good, even if probably mostly unused.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12
I am not sure if i have understand everything.

But i have driven on servers where a false start has just lead to a time penalty(which i would also prefer as admin, because its realistic), and not an automatic spectator penalty.

So it is possible to do so.
Quote from dcToro :I am not sure if i have understand everything.

But i have driven on servers where a false start has just lead to a time penalty(which i would also prefer as admin, because its realistic), and not an automatic spectator penalty.

So it is possible to do so.

I tried all the options that I could think of in the commands.txt and nothing seemed to help. The only thing we noticed was that a custom layout with a start point will make it so its only time... But that still doesn't work because I need the cars to be offset like normal. (Second place car positioned behind the pole car.)
If i will drive again on this server i will give you the name and you can try to find the admin and ask him how he has managed it.

I am not sure at the moment which one it was, but i am sure to find it, probably it is with the help of an own or third party tool.

I will give you informations soon
Quote from blackbird04217 :I tried all the options that I could think of in the commands.txt and nothing seemed to help. The only thing we noticed was that a custom layout with a start point will make it so its only time... But that still doesn't work because I need the cars to be offset like normal. (Second place car positioned behind the pole car.)

OK, i just was on one server now where i got just a drive through penalty instead of spectator.

The server was called "Framaris Racing". The F and R were red. the other letter yellow. Hope you find it and can ask a admin for further details.

regards
Hi, I just picked up this thread when googling, to answer the question I use the last version of LFS Lapper where you can change this setting. You can find the Lapper on this forum from Gai Luron. Hope this help. Cheers,
Well, as I would like to know how lapper would avoid it then, because LFS seems to do this automatically... There is either a way to turn it off or something through commands or even using InSim, but I can't figure it out. Maybe I will come by your server at some point.

False Start Penalty Bug
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG