The online racing simulator
Can't get above 70 FPS
(5 posts, started )
Can't get above 70 FPS
I don't know what I've done... I was getting 125-140 fps on my new computer (Venice 3200 with 7800GT), now I get a constant 70.2 FPS and it will not go above that. I know I shouldn't really see any difference visually, but is there any way to raise it? I have checked inside LFS all I can and I do not have FPS locked in the game itself, so what should I look for outside of the game? thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Vertical Sync was forced on in my graphics cards settings. Don't remember turning it on, but FPS shot through the roof again. Cheers.
Quote from bw_krupp :I don't know what I've done... I was getting 125-140 fps on my new computer (Venice 3200 with 7800GT), now I get a constant 70.2 FPS and it will not go above that. I know I shouldn't really see any difference visually, but is there any way to raise it? I have checked inside LFS all I can and I do not have FPS locked in the game itself, so what should I look for outside of the game? thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Vertical Sync was forced on in my graphics cards settings. Don't remember turning it on, but FPS shot through the roof again. Cheers.

look at "options -> MISC -> minimum sleep... set to 1ms... i had the same problem (10ms was bad...)
I actually prefer to set Vsync on as it gives me 100% smooth 60fps all the time (well, when by myself anyway) and no 'screen tearing'.
#4 - SamH
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I actually prefer to set Vsync on as it gives me 100% smooth 60fps all the time (well, when by myself anyway) and no 'screen tearing'.

Yep, me too. With a higher end monitor capable of more than 60Hz, I'd be happy with more FPS, but I do like the steady smoothness that comes with VSync.
Yeah, you may as well leave it on fella.. If you have a 70hz monitor refresh there is no earthly reason to have your fps any higher. This isnt quake where the physics bugs are fps dependent.

Can't get above 70 FPS
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG