The online racing simulator
here i am to get flamed again
(101 posts, closed, started )
#1 - richy
ok so im told if i come post here im going to get flamed.

what the hell, like i care about this game anymore by now..........and no matter what i say here is wrong.

im really beginning to think this game is all about arguing, bickering, and generall being arseholes to each other every night.

i was racing on the noobs server all night, i was told these guys are friendly, fun, and i would be guaranteed a good time there if i go.

so i spent all night racing with them, having fun with them, like 4 or 5 hours straight. it was really good.

so, the evening is drawing to a close and a couple of people are leaving, but obviously theres like 5 or 6 people left on the server including noobs. the race finishes and were hanging around and im clicking restart every 20 seconds waiting.

so i just chill knowing that itll start soon. so, were still hanging around when me and this other noobs club racer go off up the track the wrong way, and i hit this guy called Tweak who is doing some WR or something.

this guy called "I hate this game" starts laying into me, i guess he saw me as a target because of my previous posts here, judging by his username. and obviously he wants to get into Tweaks trousers so he started picking on me.

im guessing this "noobs" server was a trap for me or something.

well it worked, you pissed me off to the point where i come here and do exactly what you said i would do. post on the forums about what happened.

you made me wait ages and never restarted the race, you wound me up to the point i just tried to crash into you and then i got banned.

my experience of the noobs server.
and this game as a whole.

something i am deeply regreting.

I wouldn't take it personally! I guess...

I've always had good experiences

Sounds like you've had some bad luck?
#3 - richy
now flame , flame away.

because, thats exactly what i expect from this game.

and yes i am sorry i hit you tweak i was following that guy from [noobs] up the track when you came down the chicane.

and to "i hate this game" well done, i hope you had fun and i hope tweak thinks youre really cool now.

and i bet youre glad im banned off the noobs server, what an acheivement!!!

weigh the anchor. indeed.
cry me a river.
#5 - richy
yeh more flames please
Actually, there has been ONE time in 3 years or so that I've had a problem, where I bumped a guy from behind accidentally while trying to pass - he went off the line and hit the brakes, and then veered haphazardly back into me. I still said "sorry", he said nothing and voted to ban me anyway. So rather than be involved with someone like that I just left anyway, it's not worth it. Most people are cool to be around but I suppose the donkeys come out sometimes. Just be the bigger person and find somewhere else friendly to race!
#8 - richy
i tell you what, i rekon it was the noobs server they had these players on there and they supported them and banned me from it so its ok by them.

they welcomed me, then banned me for the sake of letting tweak hotlap after a race has finished.

why didnt they just tell me to leave because they didnt want to restart the game, why did they let me sit there for 10 minutes clicking shift R?

i think they were trying to provoke me. this is the noobs server. all so welcoming.

god damn i hate this whole place

tell me of a driving game thats like LFS that i can get a demo of.
keep crying and leave then, cause what your saying isnt at all what happened.

If you want to go on a server, wreck everyone and call us ****s again and again because we dont restart the race, and expect to be treated with some respect then maybe lfs isnt the game you should be playing.
oh, and the [noob] that i was following up the track teh wrong way kept very quiet too. then he banned me for wrecking!

cheers!
Quote from richy :oh, and the [noob] that i was following up the track teh wrong way kept very quiet too. then he banned me for wrecking!

lol. I banned you after you admitted you wrecked people on purpose. And I didn't follow you up no track.
Please get some help.
no i called "i hate this game" a **** because he asked for it. then i called you all ****s for ganging up on me, just like this game is.

he wanted me banned because i hit tweak when i was following a [noob] up the track after a race finished.

sure, i admit i wrecked. im gonna be a man and admit i was wrecking after a race was finished...

and when you all started trying to make me do a 1 on 1 with "i hate this game", yeah i didnt race then either, im not going to be bullied into racing head to head with someone like that with you all being arseholes.
tell me its not allowable to wreck after a race is finished.

then we can ban everyone.
Quote from nikka :lol. I banned you after you admitted you wrecked people on purpose. And I didn't follow you up no track.
Please get some help.

no i was following you up the track the wrong way, or it was one of the noobs, maybe he made a quick exit but he didnt say a word!!!

how about you all go to hell, i didnt expect anything more from this place
Quote : im really beginning to think this game is all about arguing, bickering, and generall being arseholes to each other every night.

There is far too much of that I agree, and the LFS community isn't what it used to be, but it is still one of the best and most helpful communities there is in the online gaming world. Don't be put off by a few non-racing related incidents or racing incidents, you (along with everyone else) will get into arguements while racing whether you want to or not...remember you're on the internet.
It was a pretty weird scene in the [noobs] server tonight, hard to judge. There were a bunch of friends hurling abuse at eachother just for the hell of it, mixed up with a bunch of people I didn't know, and it wasn't always easy to tell who was being serious and who wasn't.

The action on track was pretty brutal too, not much clean racing going on at all, but I just assumed since it was Friday night everybody was kicking back and messing around and not taking it too seriously (although I did see one guy get banned for racing like a wrecker, so the admins were obviously drawing the line at that).

I don't know... Seems like you got banned in pretty weird circumstances. In between races I know I got mauled quite a bit, there was definitely an "anything goes" sort of atmosphere there and I wouldn't have thought that a couple of bumps with people who weren't racing would get you banned.

Anyway I wasn't there, but it sounds like an odd ban situation for that server. I'm sure whoever banned you will be along to tell us why soon enough. You're overreacting again though Richy, calling us all a set of arseholes just because you've had a run-in with a couple of people. You did tell me you'd been drinking earlier, so I'm going to assume you'll be a bit more lucid tomorrow.

One other thing to note, which you might not be aware of: If you collide hard with someone who has a force-feedback wheel, their wheel is going to go apeshit. If that person's stationary and typing or whatever, the wheel is free to spin and will probably bang hard against the end stop. This does bother people a lot, myself included, because it could damage their controller.
no i meant them on the server were arseholes well im beginning to think its just everywhere here, i dont think i am ever going to play this game without avoiding agro.

tis a shame
Quote from richy :tell me its not allowable to wreck after a race is finished.

please....
if you really believe that kind of behaviour you showed is acceptable, then good luck in whatever online or real life community you wish to attend.

'nuff said.
i know you are an admin and im just a new guy so i mean shit to you lot so i know you have loyalties and i know you have rules to stick to thats why i said just ban me, i admit that i wrecked but i did it purely because i was wound up to that point. and i gave up caring about being on the server because you were basically telling me to **** off anyway.

i was being threatened by bans after the first crash (that was about 15-20 minutes after the race finished, AND it was an accident). i was following one of your OWN members too, how about you ban them huh?!?!?! yeah dont worry i know you wont.

so why would i care what actions would get me a ban if i was already being threatened with them?

you call yourself admins yet i get threatened by bans while racing wrong way up the track with one of your OWN members.
HEY NEW GUYS, COME RACE ON THE NOOBS SERVER YOULL BE WELCOME.
So so... here we go :rolleyes:

I have to say that everyone was having fun in the [noobs] server, and yes nobody was exactly serious, BUT there still was some good racing. Lots of people were having fun. A few fender benders here and there, but that is normal, it happens.

But the fact that this player Richy was banned, it was obvious, and it wasn't some wrongfully accussed situation. I'll explain... but keep in mind, I was ignoring all of this nonsense in the server for the most part, and this is what I remember.

Basically a race was over, and I was running a good setup I had just made, which easily has the potential to run the world record... or better. After the race was over, I kept running 5 lap stints and was getting closer and closer. But then Richy started driving backwards on the track. And for what I was told, it was because he couldn't get a restart for a new race :doh: Now... its a shame because only like 10 minutes had passed and only about 4 cars were on the track, and everyone was practicing. Practicing in between races happens, sometimes for 10, or even 20 mins straight before a new race starts. The fact that the race was over of course could give you some judgement and think wrecking and having fun is ok to do... but some people, along with myself, were driving the track and practicing. I didn't care much that you hit me head-on for what could've been a world record really, but I guess you got hung up with other players and started arguing.

The reason the ban was started later on was because you start calling everyone c*nts numerous times, and was still showing your agression on the track. EVEN when we did restart, you didn't budge on the grid and there was a big accident. I think there was a few public ban voting attempts, but each time you left before we could complete. So in a way, you wanted to get away from this ban, but kept coming back so you could keep calling us c*nts. Lovely :rolleyes:

I honestly think you took this way out of control, and this entire ordeal is totally thrown out of proportion. I was having fun online up until this all happened. But did I go and rant and start calling people names? Not at all, I've learned that doing such a thing online, especially in LFS, is not worth it, and you don't get anything good from it in return.

Maybe you could learn from this, and later on when something similar happens, you could understand and be a bit more polite.

I honestly dislike threads like these, because usually they are created by people that just need to learn from most online issues. It seriously isn't something you should get so worked up over, and the FIRST thing you should've done if you didn't like the server was leave right away.
THE [noobs] SERVER OWNZ. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

(im being serious, i love this server)
*sighs* why does everyone have a cry cause they got banned I did it and I got told to fly straight which I have done so if I get banned I go to another server just stop crying and play the game or bugger off cause u wasted money
I'd love having a replay.

Nothing to say before seeing it

Edit : after reading Tweaker's post, it seems you fully deserve this ban ^^
thats why i was trying to be apologetic to you tweak but still, why suddenly run those many laps without restarting without letting anyone know?

the first time i hit you it was a mistake, in the chicane. the other times were on purpose, i had some guy called "i hate this game" winding me up so i didnt really care about your WR setup at that point, you didnt really care about my setup or my racing either did you?

after i was about to be banned why not just leave stop you, and come back and do that? ive had it with this game anyway, thats what you wanted on the server, thats how you get your kicks, so i just gave you what you wanted.

its not as if i ever want to go back to that server again if there is suddenly 20 minutes "tweak WR" practices silently appeared in between our back to back racing!!
This thread is closed

(101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG