The online racing simulator
BF1 tyres
(11 posts, started )
BF1 tyres
Seen as R2 tyres now suck on the BF1 (start to soke on the slightest of braking), why don't we make it more realistic and true to F1.

Having soft and hard compund tyres (just for the BF1 no other car) soft compund with lower than full pressure should last say 2laps atleast and on a decent amount of pressure should last 5laps, hard compund with low pressure 10laps with a decent amount of pressure say 15- 20laps.

This would help in league races with pit and non pit stratergys, maybe they will last longer too.

Just an idea.
F1 has hard, medium, soft and super soft tires.
huh thought they whittled it down to just to types hard compund and soft compund beats me.
yeah 2007 was only 2 different tire choices for each race.... so say r2 and r3 are only allowed at monte carlo. while r3 and r4 are allowed at monza.
whittled? Nono, that is rally tires, in WRC they are given a certain amount of tires, and when a tire isn't fully worn they will just take them off, take knives to them and cut up tread.. or take new tires they won't use (like wets), and chop them up.

It takes different consistencies with compounds, they call them compounds because they are.. quite literally different compounds, with different values of rubber and carbon, and whatever else in them, to make them stickier, or harder.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :huh thought they whittled it down to just to types hard compund and soft compund beats me.

Two types per race, but depending on the circuit Bridgestone would bring a selection of two out of their range of four. A high-grip, high-wear circuit like Magny-Cours demanded the two hardest tires, while a low-grip circuit such as Monte Carlo needed the two softest types.
whittled as in took them from 4 types of tyre to 2 types of tyre (from the Uk) so probz doesnt help.
#8 - _ak
I've done some experiment. Drove BF1 at Aston National and Westhill 200km at R3 tyres without change. No problems so far. It seems R3 tyres are closer to F1 hard tyres, whereas R2 are usefull for qualification and hotlaps only. Something average between R2 and R3 would be handy. R2.5?
#9 - JET46
Well with the new Y patch I found that my old set up for Aston GP that used to work well, and was very consistant for 11-14 laps, no longer works for more than 3-4 laps, and its more than likely that this also goes for all other tracks.
#10 - _ak
I've tested with patch Y and new setups
they also whittle moster truck tyres.

BF1 tyres
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG