The online racing simulator
Tension in servers...
Sometimes I find the tension in servers to be way over the top. I had spin today right bang in the middle of a chicane, it was caused I think by lag firing a tyre, like out of a shotgun, at the car. BOOM it just hit me from nowhere. Just as the car had come to a stop, I got whacked by another guy coming through the set of curves...

For the next two races this person then complains, insults, accuses... wow I was shocked, but it wasn't the first time i'd seen someone get so irate.

So come on guys... this is a GAME and sometimes people make mistakes, or the system causes crashes, lighten up already! If you need to vent, $report! I'm so often amazed at how people act like children, throwing insults and being offensive when in real life they wouldn't dare be so aggressive.
#2 - Kaw
Quote from yeager :I'm so often amazed at how people act like children, throwing insults and being offensive when in real life they wouldn't dare be so aggressive.

truth is people will do quite a lot for the points. and some people in lfs are children.
Quote from yeager :For the next two races this person then complains, insults, accuses... wow I was shocked, but it wasn't the first time i'd seen someone get so irate.

Report him. The admins can do something about him. We can't.
Quote from March Hare :Report him. The admins can do something about him. We can't.

I never report for someone who is just whining. I'll happily converse with them during the race, but it's not worth taking to court
So why are you whining about it here?
Quote from March Hare :Report him. The admins can do something about him. We can't.

The CTRA breeds tough competition IMO, with that comes high tension and frustration when things go wrong. How people handles these stresses reflects on their maturity and professionalism. I am guilty of losing my cool, as is everyone, but =)

Send in a report and we will remind the driver/s involved that this behavior is not acceptable in any condition.
Quote from March Hare :So why are you whining about it here?

Umm because this is a forum for discussion and not a race track...
#8 - Joris
Quote from yeager :
For the next two races this person then complains, insults, accuses... wow I was shocked, but it wasn't the first time i'd seen someone get so irate.

This behaviour spoils the atmosphere for many racers. Reporting this is a favour to the community.
#9 - SamH
Quote from Joris :This behaviour spoils the atmosphere for many racers. Reporting this is a favour to the community.

Quote from Christopher Raemisch :
Send in a report and we will remind the driver/s involved that this behavior is not acceptable in any condition.

The mood of the servers is important. Our text filter is not even intended to be a language filter, but an abuse filter and mood adjuster. We want people to enjoy the racing, and if someone is interfering with that, often a friendly in their shell-like by the admin team is all that's needed. Report.. you're doing everyone a favour, including the whinger.
FFS Yeager, you won that battle of your crash, you kept whinning for about 2 races, and the other guy didnt said a thing. Yesterday at fe green reverse, i spun at T1 you rammed me, i said nothing. You said that i was in front of you. mm No, you were on pits, and i was on T1 crashing spinning etc, and like 5 secs later you ram me... :rolleyes:
Now it's getting nasty. A report from either side could have sorted this.
Quote from Joris :Now it's getting nasty. A report from either side could have sorted this.

Well the ultimate solution is a solution that comes not from the system, but from the drivers themselves and their ability to reason maturely :melting:
true
#14 - SamH
Word
Quote from chanoman315 :FFS Yeager, you won that battle of your crash, you kept whinning for about 2 races, and the other guy didnt said a thing. Yesterday at fe green reverse, i spun at T1 you rammed me, i said nothing. You said that i was in front of you. mm No, you were on pits, and i was on T1 crashing spinning etc, and like 5 secs later you ram me... :rolleyes:

First off i've no idea what race you refer to. I don't understand the second part of your post but I would guess this is because English isn't your first language. But it seems you are referring to an incident where you were spun out in the track and I hit you. I can say with absolute honesty that I try every effort to avoid a car spun out in the track and if I hit you thats just racing. I sometimes get frustrated with people doing a 5 point turn, right on the driving line when 10 cars at full race speed are heading their way... but I certainly don't get abusive about it.

The conversation that took place today was after somebody rammed into me after I spun and then progressed to abuse me rather offensively. I had a wee vent on the forum because i'm sometimes amazed at how angry and abusive people can be in the game.

The same sort of tension that's in your post... Let it go man, we all make mistakes and we are all learning how to have better, closer and faster races. I just wish people wouldn't be so nasty... I actually had one guy in a bump and jump server say... "i'll kill you for that!" which I thought was a little excessive
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Send in a report and we will remind the driver/s involved that this behavior is not acceptable in any condition.

Ok, I just feel a little petty sending in reports because of nasty language. But in real life i've seen drivers penalized for poor behavior off track. Didn't Ayrton Senna once have points removed for punching another driver?

EDIT: Ah ha!
http://www.f1rejects.com/hall/tyson/index.html
Quote from yeager :First off i've no idea what race you refer to. I don't understand the second part of your post but I would guess this is because English isn't your first language. But it seems you are referring to an incident where you were spun out in the track and I hit you. I can say with absolute honesty that I try every effort to avoid a car spun out in the track and if I hit you thats just racing. I sometimes get frustrated with people doing a 5 point turn, right on the driving line when 10 cars at full race speed are heading their way... but I certainly don't get abusive about it.

The conversation that took place today was after somebody rammed into me after I spun and then progressed to abuse me rather offensively. I had a wee vent on the forum because i'm sometimes amazed at how angry and abusive people can be in the game.

well.. a race today at 1am morning.. you remember? the one you wanted to restart, when 1 guy was racing to get points?
O/T:
And yes i know they crashed you, why dont use report? i know the guy who crashed you was without intention, because ive raced him and he's clean. But cmon you kept arguing like 2 races about a single incident, then he starts to talk with a friend of him in his language, and you start again "get over it", he didnt said a thing there, even like 3 ppl said to you to shut up.
Quote from chanoman315 :well.. a race today at 1am morning.. you remember? the one you wanted to restart, when 1 guy was racing to get points?

I remember the race, but not the incident. Sorry if I hit you, but I definitely would've tried to avoid it and i'm sure I wasn't abusive afterwards.
Quote from chanoman315 :
O/T:
And yes i know they crashed you, why dont use report? i know the guy who crashed you was without intention, because ive raced him and he's clean. But cmon you kept arguing like 2 races about a single incident, then he starts to talk with a friend of him in his language, and you start again "get over it", he didnt said a thing there, even like 3 ppl said to you to shut up.

I don't care that he hit me, I had spun on the racing line and he was close behind, thats just life... it was unavoidable. What I didn't like was being called a newbie and an idiot because he hit me... I wasn't arguing with the guy, he continued to be rude and I retorted to say he should relax and get on with racing. I'm sure he then had a good old woman style moan and winge with his friend in another language, his friend who finally said this guy is always complaining and moaning...

I wish i'd never posted this thread, and i'm sure most here do to. I was only venting some disappointment at the uptight, over serious and aggressive nature of some people who race online. Sure we all get a little bitchy now and then, but I wonder what sort of up bringing people have had when they threaten to kill other people online. Such a foolish waste of energy... talking of which
#19 - Dru
Quote from chanoman315 :FFS Yeager, you won that battle of your crash, you kept whinning for about 2 races, and the other guy didnt said a thing. Yesterday at fe green reverse, i spun at T1 you rammed me, i said nothing. You said that i was in front of you. mm No, you were on pits, and i was on T1 crashing spinning etc, and like 5 secs later you ram me... :rolleyes:

Actually i've just watched the replay of that race to see what all the fuss is about.....

Chano joins late after the start and Yeager to his credit asks for a restart (there is only a few drivers on the server)

Yeager then asks for about 10 restarts in about 7/8 laps.. during this time he is also racing and asks for a restart as 'they are not geting any points'

Yeager spins out a few times on his own (maybe his concentration is somewhere else) maybe hitting that restart bind

Anyhow Yeager then crashes in the pit lane and starts reversing up the pit lane before spinning around and stopping in a box...

at that point chano then exits the pits and promptly spins on his own at t1. He is almost stationary slightly off line on the right hand side..... yeagar comes around the corner and hits him at a slow speed (yeageer was on a bad line) if he was on the racing line chano would not have been hit.... (typical init) anyhow yeager taps chano... chano then types '?' as he does not know why he has been hit..... then later in the lap yeager (whilst driving) replies... as he does this his car weaves about and he fails to notice PACman coming up his out side and making a pass... yeager then cuts up PACman who then spins and crashes out in avoidance.....

...... queue the Benny Hill music..... LOL
Quote from Dru :...... queue the Benny Hill music..... LOL

Ahh yes, there were 3 people in the race. I thought that because the race start with only 3 people nobody would score points, then someone joined the race to make 4. I was trying to get a restart so we could all score points. Oddly at the end of the race points were awarded, I thought this wasn't so?

I also had put a few gins in me by this time I was fine once the racing began, but clearly on this race I wasn't paying enough attention, i'm sorry about that. I wasn't even sure people were racing...
#21 - Dru
points can always be scored - regardless of the number of racers, its just the stats of wins and podiums and fastest laps are not recorded with less than 4 racers in the race.
I was watching the race today that inspired this post. I had just joined the server when the incident happened. The other driver was wrong to curse you and call you a noob without even discussing what had happened first. And he should have let it go after you explained.
However, you made several unnecessary remarks as well, and probably provoked him into continuing his tirade longer then he would've otherwise. The whole thing became quite tiresome for everyone else on the server.
All the servers would be much nicer places if people would just report or STFU. There is nothing to be gained by arguing on the server. You only distract other racers. Or as in this case run them of the road.

I type (not a bind) "sry" if I hit someone by mistake. After the race I try to remember to appologise properly.
If someone hits me I would like them to do the same. On Race 2 this is the case.

While racing on Race 2 I've used the report function more for getting the replays of good races then reporting incidents. Furthermore most of the incidents have been pure accidents where blame was about 50-50. Or a bit more on my side...

I wonder what an admin would do if I reported myself?
Quote from yeager :Ok, I just feel a little petty sending in reports because of nasty language. But in real life i've seen drivers penalized for poor behavior off track. Didn't Ayrton Senna once have points removed for punching another driver?

EDIT: Ah ha!
http://www.f1rejects.com/hall/tyson/index.html

Your right, it is petter IMO, but if the driver isn't getting the message we need to take action to correct the behavour.

With verbal abuse most it will be is a warning or a caution and only in severe circumstances will it be more. All we want to do is let drivers know that this is not acceptable behavior

Ideally you should be able to get the person to realize yourself, but because of the nature of racers they tend to think they are right all the time and arguments tend to happen and we have to step in through the reporting process
Oh dear, the temperature is getting high here .

Well, I've seen you guys arguing there on server yesterday. The thing is that you both were wrong. I suggest to forget this, as you said, the track is for racing, message bord is for discussion, let the admins do the rest, use reporting system when you think it's necessary. This is the simplest and the best way solving this kind of problems. This thread or a word battle like yesterday won't change anything and that's for sure .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG