The online racing simulator
FFB Understeer
(79 posts, started )
Ok, well, after a good few hours tonight of racing and tweaking and racing and tweaking, different cars, different tracks etc, I think I have found a "sweet" spot, its a lot better, still room for improvement in the FFB, but I am reasonably satisfied.

Dan,
Probably a bit irrelevant now that this seems to be calming down... One thing that I'll NEVER forget was when S1 was released, and having played the demo for so long I was used to the XRT. The first time I tried the LX6, it gave the sensation of just being a rocket because the steering would go so light on WOT from a slow start, since the car was so much lighter and the power weight ratio was so huge compared to the XRT. I remember just cruising around FB, just gunning that car where I could because it translated such a sense of acceleration through the wheel, which I hadn't noticed in anything else before. Kind of related to the topic in a way....
Glad to here you're enjoying it more now, Danowat. Have fun with it.

(Next week, someone new will join and complain about the force feedback and Danowat will jump right in to argue that LFS has the best, LOL )
Quote from danowat :Ok,

1) LFS has the best FF ever, it is so good that it could never be improved, its just like driving a real car.

2) In real life the steering wheel never goes light in understeer conditions

3) Everyother sim (possibly bar RBR) has rubbish FF.

Keep it up blinkered masses, the brain washing is working really well........

I just find LFS FF to be the easiest to communicated with, if that makes sense. You feel the wheel go this way, you turn the other way, then you correct. Maybe i have been playing this game too much, but it seems to have the most direct feel of any other game I have played. I used to think it felt like a real car, and still do kinda, but now I just think it's the easiest FF to use in a game. Not saying it's a baby game, but the feeling I get while driving just tells me exactly what to do, and doesn't leave me with a million other things to worry about.

It's so simple, but at the same time so much fun, and challenging that it makes it my choice over RF or GTR.. The only thing I love about those games is that I can feel the car on the pavement more so then I can with LFS. But the FF is much harder to get a feel on, and takes much more patience to get it just right.

FFB Understeer
(79 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG