The online racing simulator
havnt been on in a while
(28 posts, started )
+1 for Gunn

Never seen him post anything that I would think even remotely out of order illepall and find the great majority of his posts very constructive and informative , the remainder are well just light humour and always in the same tone and manner of the thread he posts in.

As for the sound, I like the sound engine, but the overall sound experience has alot of room for improvement which is good it gives us more to look forward too
Because the sound hasn't change significally (in a way that it still sounds like crap) since S1 I'm not keeping too high hopes for better sounds in the future. Altough it has been said that in S3 it's time for the audiovisual things. I don't think it would be hard to make it sound a lot better just with some minor tweaking. Todd Wasson's little program is a good example that generated sounds doesn't have to sound THAT crap: http://performancesimulations.com/files/ENGIN~15.EXE

I hope that netKar Pro will introduce a better sounding generated sound engine. As you might know it will include two different engines, sampled and generated. Interesting to see which people/modders find better...
Hey! Have all of you noticed the major difference between that synthesized engine and LFS's engine?
It's when the program clutches in, the RPM inmediately drop down untill the clutch is depressed again, while in LFS, the RPM drop down smoothly. It's almost like LFS's flywheel is alot heavier.
I think the rapid RPM drop sounds a whole lot better and is one of the main things that LFS's sound engine lacks.
Attached images
rvslfs.GIF

havnt been on in a while
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG