The online racing simulator
Hi dunno if anyone remembers me or not
Hi all. I used to play LFS quite a bit during the summer and autumn of last year, I was doing reasonably well on the old patch but I quit after the new patch was released due to not being able to control the car too well.

I want to give it another go, but I don't want to cause a pileup and get in peoples way while driving online. So I was wondering what the best servers for newbies would be...

I'm not a newbie to LFS, but I am a newbie to the new patch and for some reason I'm having a lot of trouble getting decent lap times (which is odd cos I'm normally quite good at driving sims), so I'm ideally looking for a server where people won't mind me pottering about at the back staying out of the way (I'll start from the pits if I have to, to avoid 1st corner pileups). The car I tend to drive the most is the FOX
You're in luck - the FOX hasn't really changed. The power band is a tiny bit different, but nothing a shiny new set of gear ratios won't sort, and the fancy gearbox doesn't require any lifting of the throttle on upshifts. It remains the easiest car in LFS to drive quickly.

First, have a go offline. Beat some AI (they're quicker now, but still a bit stupid), and get the feel again. Then join servers, and just feed yourself in gently. No need to try and overtake everyone, just settle in and watch the racing come to you. If you don't think you're going to make a pass cleanly drop back and have another go in a bit.

Enjoy!
#3 - Tisza
Tak it easy pal. I don't think it would be a problem if you're slow, just obey the Mighty Blue flag!! You won't have any problems if you OBEY!
Aye, don't worry about that. I'm pretty good at getting out of the way.

I been practising on Blackwood GP. I started off doing a 1:36 but I think I'm getting back into it again with a 1:13. I think I just need to find that little extra push somewhere round the track and I'll be getting back up to speed again

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG