The online racing simulator
Rumors Of S3 (Are they true?)
(82 posts, closed, started )
Seriously.. not funny.

Not even close
#27 - SamH
Yes, they ARE developing s3 right now, coz s1 and s2 cars/tracks will be in s3 so we already have a part of s3 :P
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes.

They even simulated the interlacing artifacts! Amazing!

Did not know you got dutch channels over there in UK.
#31 - Migz
Quote from poirqc :Lo and Behold!

I proudly present you what Scawen secretly worked on. The holy grail of car summulation. I hope you'll enjoy the improved sound. Not to mention the tyre physics.

LFS S3 Alpha

http://cafe.rapidus.net/poirmath/lfsS3alpha.mp4

Hmmm that car sounds like its constipated. And since when does anybody break for that long?
Tristan i thought i was helusinating this morning looking at your avatar, really messed me up, couldn't work it out.
Quote from poirqc :Lo and Behold!

I proudly present you what Scawen secretly worked on. The holy grail of car summulation. I hope you'll enjoy the improved sound. Not to mention the tyre physics.

LFS S3 Alpha

http://cafe.rapidus.net/poirmath/lfsS3alpha.mp4

Taht iz teh auwsoumnezz!111!!111111oneleven! Kan I has it nw plz kthxbye
Quote from SamH :OMG! I roffled at that!!

Even though I think it's pretty sad that we now have words that approximate what an acronym sounds like when spoken, I have to admit, I roffled at that video too!

BTW....aren't these 'rumors' coming from the last ASS release where they surmise that since LFS is at Patch Y, and there is only one letter left in the alphabet, that an S3 release is imminent?
Quote from banshee56 :Even though I think it's pretty sad that we now have words that approximate what an acronym sounds like when spoken, I have to admit, I roffled at that video too!

BTW....aren't these 'rumors' coming from the last ASS release where they surmise that since LFS is at Patch Y, and there is only one letter left in the alphabet, that an S3 release is imminent?

Not nesser-scary-ly... After S2 ALPHA Patch Y will probably come S2 ALPHA Patch Z... Which _MAY_ be followed by S2 BETA A etc etc. Then when it passes from Beta to FINAL we may see some S3 stuff filtering through...
I don't pretend to have the slightest idea how Scawen wants to label his releases; I'm just going by what seems common practice in most development circles.
#37 - Jakg
Quote from J@tko :It has been confirmed that S3 will have dynamic weather. That is, changing light conditions and precipitation levels.

No, it hasn't. It's just heavily rumoured.
I hear these rumors on the internets..
Quote from Bladerunner :Not nesser-scary-ly... After S2 ALPHA Patch Y will probably come S2 ALPHA Patch Z... Which _MAY_ be followed by S2 BETA A etc etc. Then when it passes from Beta to FINAL we may see some S3 stuff filtering through...
I don't pretend to have the slightest idea how Scawen wants to label his releases; I'm just going by what seems common practice in most development circles.

Yes, I know that....I was pointing out that the ASS people were using a very juvenile rationale for saying that S3 was just around the corner.
Quote from Not Sure :I hear these rumors on the internets..

What internets? I checked the green ones and nobody knows nothing.
Quote from Bladerunner :Not nesser-scary-ly... After S2 ALPHA Patch Y will probably come S2 ALPHA Patch Z... Which _MAY_ be followed by S2 BETA A etc etc. Then when it passes from Beta to FINAL we may see some S3 stuff filtering through...

Since S2 is Alpha, I would guess that S3 is the Beta. Then when S3 is done, you have LFS Final. That's just my guess though.
Quote from Jakg :No, it hasn't. It's just heavily rumoured.

Or heavily assumed?
S2 is not even finished yet.Sorry.
What about the blurry background to the options screen? Is that an indicator of anything?
there will be an S3, but noone knows what will be in it.
Quote from marzman :What internets? I checked the green ones and nobody knows nothing.

Check the tubes, it's there. Inside the fat pipes.
Quote from Michel 4AGE :Check the tubes, it's there. Inside the fat pipes.

Ah, ok. I did not know i could look in the fat pipes. I did check the castle (just after the stairs and flag).
Quote from UncleBenny :Since S2 is Alpha, I would guess that S3 is the Beta. Then when S3 is done, you have LFS Final. That's just my guess though.

That's an interesting angle. Maybe you're right!
Quote : S2 is not even finished yet.Sorry.

+1 Why doesn't everyone wait till S2 has finished?! I was not here when it was just S1 but was it the same as this before S2 came out? I would not know...
This thread is closed

Rumors Of S3 (Are they true?)
(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG