The online racing simulator
Round 2: Drivers' Meeting
Hello racers!

We have some new systems in place this round, and so I'm going to take a minute to remind you of some of the changes, and to offer some suggestions for behavior.

1) Most importantly in relation to round 1, we have a new blue flag policy. I strongly encourage all of you to go and carefully re-read it here. We will be monitoring these situations closely, and we expect you and your teammates to do the same. Please use LFS Remote, the tracker, and so on to communicate to your active driver the status of those he's racing around. There is no excuse for not knowing another car is laps ahead of you, etc.
  • If you're being lapped, do not contest a clearly-presented pass.
  • If you've been lapped, do not attempt to re-pass immediately.
  • If you're lapping, be clear to the driver ahead what you intend to do. Do not surprise them,
2) We also have a new pit exit procedure. We have implemented this procedure to erase confusion over how to re-join the SC queue after pitting under the SC. Please refer to rule K3.1 for a full run-down, but the gist is this: during a SC period a status bar will appear in the lower middle portion of the screen. There will be two indicators... one for track status (which will read "YELLOW") and one for pit exit status (which will read either "OPEN" or "CLOSED"). If the exit status indicator reads "CLOSED," you must not exit the pit lane, or you will be given a DT penalty. This penalty is given automatically by our new insim program.

Drivers are expected to queue at pit exit in an orderly fashion. There should be NO bumping in the queue. If somehow contact in the pits knocks an innocent driver across the pit exit, the incident will be reviewed and the driver who put him there will be given a harsh penalty.

In order to hopefully lessen the chance of this happening, I have added the following bit to our KY2 layout:

We ask that the first driver in line with a closed pit exit stop where the signs indicate so that there is a nice "buffer zone" before anyone's in danger of crossing the line. Kyoto National is an ideal test for this system because the pit exit is quite far from the final pit stall. For tracks where the final pit stall is closer to the exit (like BL1), we may block off the final one or two stalls to give appropriate buffer room.

3) As usual, we ask that everyone use their heads out there on the track. Four hours is a long race, and there's no need to cause a big mess on lap 1 at T1 (quite possible on this track). There are only two places where a car can easily flip at KY2, so it seems quite likely that we'll see fewer SC periods this time than we did in the races at BL1.

During SC periods, remember to give plenty of space. We'll warn you when the field should bunch, so there is no excuse for being too close to someone else prior to that point.

Be careful during qualifying as well. Remember that this hardcore qualifying format makes driving responsibly a much higher priority. Last race we saw one driver Shift-P after his first flying lap, killing his session. We saw another wreck exiting his pit stall, also killing his. Just take it easy.

4) There will be NO WIND for this round, as the forecast for Kyoto shows 8-10mph winds tomorrow.

Good luck out there!

IGTC Admin Team
My 2nd IGTC race, we just missed the podium last race so I hope we can do it this round!
everyone and see you on the track.
Wind settings for this round announced.
#4 - Dru
Had no PM's about passwords for tommorrow yet...
PW will be the same as last race
#6 - Dru
Quote from BenjiMC :PW will be the same as last race

I have forgotten it. Could someone PM it to me please?

Thanks
#8 - Dru
#9 - Gil07
Will the tracker URL be the same as for last round?
Thanks
Good luck today everyone!
Theres been a problem with the tracker and the url will be given out later
could i also have a PM of the password plz
thank you kindly
4hr till qual!
I wasn't in the last race. Can someone PM the server PW to me please.
"nmanley has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Crap sorry, fixing it now

Please try again.
Hello anyone still here that can send me the PW, pm or email?

Got the PM, Niall. Thanks! It even works for me.
Problem with the Teamspeak, I will try to get it sorted ASAP but otherwise teams will have to use the IRC channel or Ventrilo
is it okay for one of our drivers to use the lfs lisence of another with his own name, as his own computer is having trouble.
Can't he use his own license on another computer?
Quote from Dan Josefsen :is it okay for one of our drivers to use the lfs lisence of another with his own name, as his own computer is having trouble.

Yeah, he should be able to use his own name on another computer.

If for some reason that's not possible we'll need the other username for the tracker db.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG