The online racing simulator
Rumors Of S3 (Are they true?)
(82 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Zarky
Ive heard plenty of rumours about an S3 being made or soon to be made..is this true??

If its is i reakon there should let people add there own tracks/cars into the game(would be so cool)

Cheers Zarky
No.
#3 - aoun
I think Feb 2009, Rain is being released and also night time for 24 hour endurance races. etc
#4 - ajp71
Yeah there's a super secret S3 Beta test that's awesome.

Seriously wait for S2 to be finished first...
I have S3 already, had to pay 10 times more to devs, so I got it some years before you guys, mwuhahahah.
Quote from Zarky :Ive heard plenty of rumours about an S3 being made or soon to be made..is this true??

If its is i reakon there should let people add there own tracks/cars into the game(would be so cool)

Cheers Zarky

That is a horrible "idea". Have you played rFactor? Threse's a million and 1 horrible, worthless track/ cars. You can't find a race because everyone is using some different combination of cars/ tracks.

LFS has such good racing because it's minimal. It's about racing, not the most tracks/ cars. A few different cars in a few different classes that run competitively is all you need. I'd rather have great racing with one car/track combo, than off balance racing with 1,000 combos.
"ZOMG I HAZ S3!!1111oneeleven!1111one!!!"

:hide:
Attached images
S3.JPG
Oh my, I found the unlock code for DX10.

This is 'only' S2, so I think S3 will be more realistic than reality itself.
Attached images
169onboardta7.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :Oh my, I found the unlock code for DX10.

The RTL7 release.
Yes.

They even simulated the interlacing artifacts! Amazing!

If you photoshopped the LFS overlay onto a real picture, then that post would have been funnier. You left a lot on the table there.
I think S3 should acually have people in the crowd, and for the weather i think there should be a random option for the 24 hour races so when it gets night time it starts getting night then back to the morning when it gets brighter, but thats just what i think.
Quote from NtrlBrnRacer :I think S3 should acually have people in the crowd, and for the weather i think there should be a random option for the 24 hour races so when it gets night time it starts getting night then back to the morning when it gets brighter, but thats just what i think.

It has been confirmed that S3 will have dynamic weather. That is, changing light conditions and precipitation levels.
-
(poirqc) DELETED by poirqc
Quote from poirqc :It also has been confirmed that i hate and egg this morning. The waitress was beautiful.

Could you please translate that into a proper English sentence.
It also has been confirmed that i hate and egg this morning. The waitress beautiful.

I even stumbled upon a secret video of an alpha release of S3. The sound is awesome, can't wait!

Edit - I'm french canadian. I speak english about once a mouth.
Yes and apparently it's due for release on 1st April.
Quote from ajp71 :Yeah there's a super secret S3 Beta test that's awesome.

Sssshhh, that was supposed to be our secret!

*Gnomie pops off to drive his Miata around Hockenheimring in a tornado at night on ice*
Quote from Gnomie :*Gnomie pops off to drive his Miata around Hockenheimring in a tornado at night on ice*

Quote from Gnomie :Sssshhh, that was supposed to be our secret!

*Gnomie pops off to drive his Miata around Hockenheimring in a tornado at night on ice*

:ices_rofl
Quote from poirqc :It also has been confirmed that i hate and egg this morning.

Are you on drugs? What you've written makes no sense whatsoever.

Stick to writing in French and then we can translate it ourselves

(it probably makes more sense than anything i could write in French though)
i have heard of rfactor and got it...i agree with you but....i use the banger servers alot...e.g - -LFS Bangers- - or UK Banger Racing

we have not small oval like 0.211 of a mile (size on average)

We have made a few with them barriers but you bounce off when you get hit and fly in the sky. If there was a small oval with armco fence all way round would make lfs the best game ever

Cheers

Didn't you once said you don't follow A1GP...
Quote from J@tko :It has been confirmed that S3 will have dynamic weather. That is, changing light conditions and precipitation levels.

As much as confirmed as Gran Turismo's damage has been for years.
Quote from UncleBenny :If you photoshopped the LFS overlay onto a real picture, then that post would have been funnier. You left a lot on the table there.

Pfff, not enough minutes in the day and all that... Plus I was meant to be working
Lo and Behold!

I proudly present you what Scawen secretly worked on. The holy grail of car summulation. I hope you'll enjoy the improved sound. Not to mention the tyre physics.

LFS S3 Alpha

http://cafe.rapidus.net/poirmath/lfsS3alpha.mp4
This thread is closed

(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG