The online racing simulator
BF1 Adujstable Engine Map
(11 posts, started )
It would be good if there was a way of changing the engine mapping for the BF1. It would make it possible to drive the BF1 without TC like in F1 this season.
You can already turn off the TC in the BF1, and the FZ5. The default button is "O".
But he wants the ability to choose (and configure?) different maps to make it more driveable.

But as it takes a few hours to perfect each map, and there might be several to choose from, and it's not a simple thing that 99% of LFS's userbase could cope with, then I think it's silly.

Also, I doubt LFS's engine models takes ignition advance into account anyway, so this would be achievable without a lengthy and somewhat pointless rewrite of a large part of LFS.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You can already turn off the TC in the BF1, and the FZ5. The default button is "O".

And you can set it in the pits, just like engine braking (BF1 only), which you can also turn off.
Quote from tristancliffe :But he wants the ability to choose (and configure?) different maps to make it more driveable.

But as it takes a few hours to perfect each map, and there might be several to choose from, and it's not a simple thing that 99% of LFS's userbase could cope with, then I think it's silly.

Also, I doubt LFS's engine models takes ignition advance into account anyway, so this would be achievable without a lengthy and somewhat pointless rewrite of a large part of LFS.

Yes but it doesn't have to be that complicated, the end result is just a shift of where the engine develops torque and I could do something similar in lfs tweak It would be cool to have a few different maps for use with tc on or off and for different types of circuit.
What Tristan says about ignition advance being a gap in programming would mean that these engine maps would not be adjustable once the car is on track, but it seems quite possible to have modifiable engine maps in the pit menu.

However, this is a 2006 car, and as such is not meant to be driven without traction control. That said, it's perfectly driveable without it...

Sam
You obviously have a better right foot than me I just can't get the car sliding how I'd like to. Having said that, from looking at the stats, I don't think you drive the BF1 nearly as much as me.

I know it's a 2006 car but if you are worried about realism.. Engines haven't developed much since then. You really notice how they have changed the engine maps this season when you see onboard - the renaults especially - I think because they have always had good low down torque. I know that driver ability and style also comes into it.

So as the teams have more or less the same engines as 2006 but mapped differently to allow the drivers to control them, I think it's a valid addition to lfs. Maybe it's easier to release a new BF1, I would be happy with either
why i have the feeling that the creators of the game are talking with bmw or some other company to get the rights to make the 2008 car
Quote from hotmail :why i have the feeling that the creators of the game are talking with bmw or some other company to get the rights to make the 2008 car

i have lots of feelings, but i keep them to myself.
Quote from southamptonfc :Having said that, from looking at the stats, I don't think you drive the BF1 nearly as much as me.

I'm arsing around with it offline a lot of the time now, windowed mode whilst chatting/texting/phoning seems to automatically lead me to playing with a BF1 with the blue light locked on

I was commenting about the year of the car because of the mention of it being driveable without traction control - that's why I thought I'd remind people you're not supposed to drive it with the computer disengaged, and the maps are laid out as such! But, no, I support the idea of being able to make our own engine maps. Provided it doesn't take too long to implement, of course, because as Tristan says, it's going to be a pretty select user group that makes use of them.

It's quite possible that rights for a new F1 car are being discussed, but, as I understand things, ScaViEr has never had any direct contact with BMW - the BF1 came from Intel, for some public demonstration of technology, I believe, and the FBM came from Fortec Motorsport for their V1 Challenge driver selection programme.
Anyway, I don't reckon we'll be getting a new F1 car before we get some form of official LMP-class or LMGT-class car. I mean, we've got a real-world F1 car already, and there are still other gaps in the lineup which are much larger than the gap between an F1.06 and an F1.08 car.

Sam
Agreed, we need karts, radicals, bikes, LMPs, hillclimb specials, pro mods, top fuel dragsters and the biggest mutha of them all - the legendary LX8 - before an F1.08.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG