The online racing simulator
#1 - GoGen
Brake and rollbar setup on wheel?
Am I missing something or there simply isn't a way to assign brake bias and rollbar setup to buttons on the steering wheel?
BTW no, I'm not asking for horn, TC, ignition etc, but for setup.

During race I'm more interested in setting the car at high speed than flashing lights

Thank you for your answer!
You can do this manually while racing. Press F12 and then hold shift. While holding shift, use the arrow keys to move about and adjust settings. I dont know if you can map this to a wheel though, maybe joy-to-key could do this?
There's two ways you can do this, both require a good amount of buttons

1) If you have something like a d-pad on the wheel, you can assign each button to up, down, right and left respectively, which means you can control the F11 menu from your wheel. Additionally you might need a button to show/hide the F11 menu

2) You use LFS scripts (see here) and create two scripts for each setting to in- or decrease.

An example script to increase the front anti-roll by one would be

/press f9
/press f11
/press down
/press right

You can also add another line to the script to immediately close the F11 menu again, but this has the drawback of giving you no visual feedback on what you just modified and what the new value is. So I'd probably make another script that closes the F11 menu (press F9 > F11 > F11) and bind it to a button, or alternatively you can also append a "/echo Front ARB +1" to let you know what happened.

If you're feeling fancy you can also make a complex script that toggles through different ARB and brake balance settings for each corner with the click of a button, but that seems somewhat overkill.
Quote from AndroidXP :
If you're feeling fancy you can also make a complex script that toggles through different ARB and brake balance settings for each corner with the click of a button, but that seems somewhat overkill.

Are those ARB settings applied immediately then? I thought they were only changed after you pit?
ARB and brake balance changes (anything you can set in the F11 menu, basically) are applied almost immediately.
I see. I thought only the brake balance was applied immediately. So in that case it would be possible to have the ARB settings changed for different corners through a script I wonder if that would make a significant difference.
Depending on the car you can adjust ARB on the fly.

You can use LFS scripts, but I have macros in my G25 profiler. Does the same sort of thing.
#8 - GoGen
Quote from obsolum :...it would be possible to have the ARB settings changed for different corners through a script I wonder if that would make a significant difference.

Mmm, I can feel the tension in the air of making The Ultimate hotlap setup, adjusted for every single corner

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG