The online racing simulator
KY 500 Requirements
There's been talk of having requirements for the K500. Does the devs have any idea of what they are?
possible is a laptime you'll have to beat or an amount of laps you've competed on this track. Maybe as alternative to the second requirement I listed, could be a proofed league race you competed in.
I personally would have a minimum number of online laps rather than a time that you have to beat.

The whole idea of these requirements that we are suggesting is so that the racing is cleaner. A lap time you have to beat may not mean that they can race cleanly.

At the end of the day, it is mostly about experience with oval racing. I think that we should ask them to right a few sentences (to put with their entry) summing up their racing/oval racing experience.

I will talk to Jack when he is back (whenever that is) about this.
Current discussions about this are that there will be a few trial races leading up to the Kyoto 500.

My thinking for these would be races in groups of 8-10, about 20 laps each, with the first few under SC. Mainly for fun, but also for the New Dimension Racing Staff to evaluate entries.

Laptime requirements aren't really helpful, if you ask me. Someone could be within 107% of WR pace and still drive like crap.

And just because they have thousands of laps on the oval doesn't mean they can race it clean.

d
I have over 1,000 laps for me and 5th in the world so far but i think im gonna marshall this race again.
#6 - J@tko
LFSCART's entry requirement is 500 laps on oval. Ours will be something like this, aswell as another 'race' based qualification.
good I have already more than 500 so dont have to get extra laps to participate

oops, just checked, its 476, i'm doomed
Quote from dekojester :Laptime requirements aren't really helpful, if you ask me. Someone could be within 107% of WR pace and still drive like crap.

And just because they have thousands of laps on the oval doesn't mean they can race it clean.

d

Agreed entirely.
I have 51,344 overall laps completed in 4883 finished races, competed in nearly 90 league races (of which I have DNF'd in only about 5), but since I only have 408 laps on the oval in the FO8, I technically don't qualify based on this "500 minimum laps in FO8/KY1". Not trying to boast, but this is the perfect example of why test races are the only way to go.
Quote from banshee56 :I have 51,344 overall laps completed in 4883 finished races, competed in nearly 90 league races (of which I have DNF'd in only about 5), but since I only have 408 laps on the oval in the FO8, I technically don't qualify based on this "500 minimum laps in FO8/KY1". Not trying to boast, but this is the perfect example of why test races are the only way to go.

We will discuss this tonight. We are having test/practice races so we can see how good people are. Our decision on whether you can enter or not will be largely based on how cleanly you race However, there will still be a lap and time limit to ensure some basic skills around this combo
I still feel that for a race of 270 laps, 300 should be sufficent.
What I wil base my decisions off of will be qualitative, not quantitative.

I will look at the racing ettiquete during the trial races and base my entry accept/deny off of that, not off of how many laps they've run. Someone could have done 200 laps and still race at race pace and waxed floor clean, and someone who's done 700 laps could be 5 seconds slower and race like they're the pinball in a pinball machine.

d
-
(Elderado) DELETED by Elderado : fatigue

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG