The online racing simulator
Tip of the Hat to Norway
(13 posts, started )
Tip of the Hat to Norway
In todays Womens cross country sprint at the Olympics, Sara Renner, a Canadian Skier broke a pole when another skier stepped on it.

In true sportsman like fashion, a Norwegian coach raced onto the course and handed her a new pole, and because of his actions Canada was able to bring home a silver.

Way to go Norway, and kudos to all the Canadian Fans who partied it up with the Norwegian fans to show thier appreciation.
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
Quote from HittiS : .. btw which country took gold?

Im not going to answer that But Finns took bronze
#3 - X-Ter
It's a well known fact that Norway is THE home for good sportsmanship
Tis a shame that sportsmanship is the exception rather than the rule... but, yeah, hats of to Norway for being brilliant sportsmen (and women).
congrats norway, you show a true example of great sportsmanship

*would tip his hat but he doesnt have one*
Since I am a Norwegian(and we ended up at 4th place) I guess I have to say tanx! I guess most coaches would have done the same, afterall next time it could be a Norwegian who get something broken and needs help!!

And concratulation both to Canada and Sweden. We love that new nations gets good results, in our national sport, and we always feel like it is a brother that is winning when Sweden wins!!

~b
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Skiing as known as the Who Has The Best Dopes Competition.
Yeah, Finns showed us that some time ago :P
#9 - X-Ter
You know, about doped contestors...
I used to play together (music) with a bodybuilder. Say what you want about them, but they do know a heck of a lot about the human body, food and dope
He told me that any sportsman or woman who knew what they where doing (and most do) could calculate on the hour when any illegal substances had left their body and how long after that the effect from them started to degrade.
I, for one, believe him. I think that most of those who get caught in doping tests have just miscalculated the time for the substances to disapear. I also believe that just about every world class athlete experiment with one substance or another to performe better. It's just a matter of not getting caught.

So don't yell to much on those who get caught, they just calculated wrong.
Well, couldn't agree more I don't think us norwegians are any better than the rest of the world, we just (as of today) have not got cought yet
Quote from Kleppa :Yeah, Finns showed us that some time ago :P

Indeed and after the Lahti scandal I haven't have any interest in skiing. Even curling is 100x (really!) more interesting to watch than skiing.

And like you said, you Norwegians have had just better dopes.
Well norwegians on the national ski team have to be able to take their cellular phone 24*365!! They have to report every day where they are so that thay can be tested at any point(even at night)!! If they dont comply to the rules it will be considert as guilty of taking illegal drugs!! I guess in average they get testet almost once every other week!! Norway take antidoping work seriously!! I will be very suprised if a norwegian is doped in this olympics!!

I know of only one case of doping in norwegian cross contry. One women was taken for coffein. She had taken to much coffee. It is normal in a lot of sports to take coffee before competitions.

~b
Quote from X-Ter :You know, about doped contestors...
I used to play together (music) with a bodybuilder. Say what you want about them, but they do know a heck of a lot about the human body, food and dope
He told me that any sportsman or woman who knew what they where doing (and most do) could calculate on the hour when any illegal substances had left their body and how long after that the effect from them started to degrade.
I, for one, believe him. I think that most of those who get caught in doping tests have just miscalculated the time for the substances to disapear. I also believe that just about every world class athlete experiment with one substance or another to performe better. It's just a matter of not getting caught.

So don't yell to much on those who get caught, they just calculated wrong.

But if you smoke dope, all you want to do is eat a snickers and sleep. If you can win a race after taking dope, you should win a Gold^2 for being a god

[Please not that dope in my home town is cannabis, it may be different else where, if it is, ignore this post, if it isn't, post still counts ]

Tip of the Hat to Norway
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG