The online racing simulator
Overclocking
(7 posts, started )
Overclocking
well i went off on my over clocking and decided to see what gains id get so i made a picture with all the info on it i used EVEREST Ultimate 4.1 to benchmark it

this is my old cpu and im going to give it hell hehe

heres my results all going in this order

1. standard no overclocking
2. 10% gain
3. 20% gain max ill go as when i was overclocking my GPU well shhhhh

will post up my mem tests later when i get soooooo bored again

and for jakg u can see my official temps of my water cooler now after 10 mins of intel tats 100% thingy
Attached images
Untitled-2.jpg
#2 - Jakg
Please say your not overclocking with software.
yes im only playing cause if i did it with bios id fook it up im playing safe for now.

i might do bios stuff later but i think this is much safer for now considering i have no idea about overclocking at all
#4 - Jakg
Safer? It will use more voltage (which will shorten it's life more) and run hotter than it needs to while possibly being more unstable.

But for the moment it's fine.
well think of this the program knows the safe limits of the CPU and the bios and me dont so lol
#6 - amp88
May well be the first useful post I've seen from you. Kudos
I definatly do NOT recomend overclocking VIA software. Like jakg said they have automatic voltage bumps. Your voltages seem to be all over the place. That chip should be able to do much better then 2.8ghz and stay in safe temps. 500x7 should work on that P35 board, assuming you have RAM that can cope with it. Just learn the BIOS off the bat, you won't regret it. It's actually much easier once you know your way around it.
~Bryan~

Overclocking
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG