The online racing simulator
"Tank" setups
(43 posts, started )
"Tank" setups
Hello there!

Yesterday i heard about some "tank" setups for RB4.
Maybe someone can explain what it is and have this setup?
#2 - garph
Tank setup? Maybe they meant the RB4 is a tank, it can take a lot of punishment and still keep running pretty fast.

I don't even know what or why you'd want a tank set up!?
I need it on cruising servers.

Quote :The thing with these sets is, if the suspect doesn't wanna be busted, he acn carry on going til there are no cops left. What it is and does, is a setup that has a very slow first gear, and quite quick acceleration through the next 4. This gives it quite slow acceleration at first, and incredible pusing power.

My setup making skill is poor, maybe someone can make one?
Aaa the 'tank' set, a setup which annoys cops on cruise servers... i have one :P
Maybe you can give one? If yes, send me PM, and ill give you email where to send.

P.S. Most time i'm playing on TC servers as COP, not a robber, so i think this setup will be some + in chase.
Well... i can tell you.... it doesnt take corners well atall.... it also tops out at 95mph... and first gear is pointless.

All the above = not good for a cop.
But good for robber.
Good for robbers if you cant loose the heat? It would be as useful as rock-artist without cocaine...
you don't need a tank set to get away, just an XRT and some skillz. :P
the tank set has first gear limited to about 10kmh witch is great for pushing cars away.
I also got one, and im looking for an XRT race setup, but i cant find it cuz everybody seems to be drifting it :P
I have a tank setup for RB4, sometimes i got 3 cops chasing me with 15 km/h but the cops had to stop because they couldn't stop me. lol

i attached my set, also put the Fuel on 100%
Attached files
RB4_TANK HIGH.set - 132 B - 2030 views
no real need for a tank setup for RB4 as its already really hard to stop with force. I used race set and was caught only when I ran out fuel
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
I am starting to dislike cruising servers... Tanks, immature individuals, rammers... Why can't it be pure cruising, without exploiting? Yes, I think "unstoppable" car is an exploit.

Play fair, that way it will be much funnier to you and the rest of us. Or do you think that "winning" is all that matters? Then you need a surgical operation to remove the shovel up in your... Rear-end.
Gekkibi, you should visit [CLC], it is much more strict then the others, and people actually get banned, its clean, its good, cops are good (this "tank" would get pooned without a struggle.), more quests, mature admins, etc etc.
Quote from samforey12345 :Gekkibi, you should visit [CLC], it is much more strict then the others, and people actually get banned, its clean, its good, cops are good (this "tank" would get pooned without a struggle.), more quests, mature admins, etc etc.

+1
Quote from Gekkibi :I am starting to dislike cruising servers... Tanks, immature individuals, rammers... Why can't it be pure cruising, without exploiting? Yes, I think "unstoppable" car is an exploit.

Play fair, that way it will be much funnier to you and the rest of us. Or do you think that "winning" is all that matters? Then you need a surgical operation to remove the shovel up in your... Rear-end.

Don't you think that only cruising, cruising, cruising and cruising again, doesen't get annoying? When i first started to play on cruising servers, i really enjoyed just driving around without causing any problems, but then it became boring. So thats why people are trying to get in chase. And also, if all cruisers were driving normally without braking the law, then why we need cops? huh?

Sorry for english.
Ya, everyone has opinions. "This is best cruising server" or "That is best cruising server".

And it is good that admins shares bans easily, even if you didn't meant to crash? Or threats about bans if you chat with the suspect while chase is on..?

Currently, there are no "unique" cruising server. All have "rob a bank" feature, all have "buy a lotto ticket/scratchcard", all have "drive around to get money". *sigh*. Some creativity?
jobs anyone?

well, I figue that a tank setup would be cool, and as long as most people dont use them. I actually set my XRT cruise setup up with a super short 1st gear and it helps alot.
NOBODY CAN STOP ME, I AM UNSTOPPABLE :woohoo:
Hmm.. They should box you using obstacles (shift+u). Is it enjoyable if you are undefeatable? It is like playing chess against 5 years old... I enjoy chases when the chances are even (Or little against me).
Cruising is okey every now and then.. but it annoys me like hell to see the amount of cruise servers online.. there are hardly any proper racing servers anymore..
Quote from Sponge :Cruising is okey every now and then.. but it annoys me like hell to see the amount of cruise servers online.. there are hardly any proper racing servers anymore..

I'm starting to get bored in LFS no matter what I do.
As far as I know a tank setup is the RB4 with full weight, 1st gear is long so there is slow acceleration but the other gears are shorter. I'm not entirely sure.
Quote from DTrott :As far as I know a tank setup is the RB4 with full weight, 1st gear is long so there is slow acceleration but the other gears are shorter. I'm not entirely sure.

yep it is full weight, but the 1st gear is really short (mine drives 15 km/h in 1st gear) and the other gears dont matter because you only need 1st gear. :P
tht setup is cool just needs to be a tiny bit faster

"Tank" setups
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG