The online racing simulator
Problem rendering with yafray :S
(12 posts, started )
#1 - PiK-
Hi all!

I'm trying to render the XRR car with Yafray raytracing render engine for avoid the "plastic" effect of the blender internal engine but... I've some problems with the final effect of render.

I'm using the *.blend file that are in the post 3D Render free kit with all the models in the file.

Well look this:

This render is using the internal blender engine:

And this is with Yafray engine:

We see some people in that thread that says that he're usi yafray for solve the plastic effect problems but I don't know if they're using *. blend of that thread.

Do you know what's happening??

Thank's for all!!

PiK-
how did you made yafray work?when i tried to make render with yafray blender just died
You need to rework completely the materials and use TGA file format for textures instead of PNG because Yafray doesn't support it. I've made an old tutorial about it. Be warned that even if you can setup materials directly in Blender's interface Yafray doesn't behave like Blender's internal renderer.

Yafray is too frustrating for me because setup is very time consuming but if you want to work with it you have good courage and the results are impressive.
#4 - JJ72
Blender doesn't always look plasic.
Attached images
twin.jpg
front.jpg
2nd one definately looks plastic
I think these two renders are great, they don't look plastic. But there's too much noise and not enough shadow samples.

Good work mate
no it doesn't it might be a good yafray render but it aint 100% realistic
i couldn't tell at all that it wasnt a real car, so i'd say its better than most of the brazil renders on this forum

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG